C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 head Mag #'s 515hp 487Tq

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 11:10 PM
SleepieAce
Le Mans Master

Location: Kentucky basketball is life the rest is just details
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice numbers.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Very Nice, slowly but surely i am leaning towards a MAGGIE for my 02 Z06 which already has all the go fast bolt ons!!!!!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK ECS (Doug & Chris) and can't wait to see what an 02+ Z06 makes with stock motor, bolt ons and intercooler and or alky injected!
Old 03-25-2005, 10:12 AM
JakeFusion
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, I wonder what 66cc AFR 205s with an intercooled Magnacharger could do...

Actually, I remember one such dyno, but I forgot the numbers. Any plans for anything like that ECS, or numbers?
Old 03-25-2005, 01:13 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
Hmm, I wonder what 66cc AFR 205s with an intercooled Magnacharger could do...

Actually, I remember one such dyno, but I forgot the numbers. Any plans for anything like that ECS, or numbers?

We have a few Mag projects in the works now, I will keep you posted. Personally I prefer a non intercooled Mag with alky over an intercooled Mag. The results are more consistant as far as heat soak is conserned.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

DOUG,

Sent you a PM a couple days ago on a maggie quote for my bolt on 02 Z06. Kindly let me know how much $ we are looking at installed for the kit that will make the most RELIABLE and durable power for my Z!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 03:20 PM
budmont
Drifting

Location: hamilton nj "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHRIS NJ C5
Just finished a Mag car with a non intercooled mag, an ECS 3.1 pully, a custom blower cam and an ECS Alky kit. The car is a 6 speed with headers and stock LS1 heads. We are waiting to try this on an LS6 engine to see what we can get.. The customer is flying in from Tennesse to pick up the car this weekend. We are sure he will be pleased with the results..
Chris, my alky kit is installed and I’ll have my LS6 Stage II heads/3.1 pulley on as soon as I can figure out why I failed state inspection. Hopefully we’ll see some good numbers
Old 03-26-2005, 01:33 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Originally Posted by CHRIS NJ C5
Just finished a Mag car with a non intercooled mag, an ECS 3.1 pully, a custom blower cam and an ECS Alky kit. The car is a 6 speed with headers and stock LS1 heads. We are waiting to try this on an LS6 engine to see what we can get.. The customer is flying in from Tennesse to pick up the car this weekend. We are sure he will be pleased with the results..
Hey Chris,
Wrap me up of them ther cams and alky kits. Oh yeah throw in a 3.0 pulley too. Or will the 3.1 be better??? (I/C Maggie, stock bottom end) I'll call you on Mon A.M. with the plastic.

Damit, Also throw in a set of springs, push rods and a set of new lifters as well.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Rob1Vette
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great numbers Chris ! You mean you've gotten soft and moved the dyno inside ? No more standing out in the cold and rain to dyno

Rob
Old 03-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Geneus
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rob1Vette
Great numbers Chris ! You mean you've gotten soft and moved the dyno inside ? No more standing out in the cold and rain to dyno

Rob
Yep, Chris has gotten soft in his "old age," Rob. I also think the move "indoors" was done to dispell any doubt that there was artificial massaging of the numbers coming from ECS tuned cars. Now, an "orange can be compared to an apple."
Old 03-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Rob1Vette
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Geneus
Yep, Chris has gotten soft in his "old age," Rob. I also think the move "indoors" was done to dispell any doubt that there was artificial massaging of the numbers coming from ECS tuned cars. Now, an "orange can be compared to an apple."
I had my car put on the dyno yesterday at a local performance shop because my car was rich ! He asked me what my mods were and what it dynoed before ! 600hp 502 tq... they were very skeptical about the numbers .. after the dyno they were within 1 or 2 hp of my numbers ! they wre really surprised and said the car after being forged had a potential of 700 hp ! Another believer in ECS

Rob
Old 03-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Geneus
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rob1Vette
I had my car put on the dyno yesterday at a local performance shop because my car was rich ! He asked me what my mods were and what it dynoed before ! 600hp 502 tq... they were very skeptical about the numbers .. after the dyno they were within 1 or 2 hp of my numbers ! they wre really surprised and said the car after being forged had a potential of 700 hp ! Another believer in ECS

Rob
Rob,

It's nothing I didn't expect. 5-0Joe had No Mercy dyno'd at ECS last spring and the numbers they got N/A were virtually identical to what were gotten 2 years prior when the car was first completed.

I just know a lot of crap was spewed out by certain "others" about their (ECS's) dyno being outside and "fudging" of dyno numbers. Now that it is inside noone can point fingers and claim foul.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:19 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Rob,

It's nothing I didn't expect. 5-0Joe had No Mercy dyno'd at ECS last spring and the numbers they got N/A were virtually identical to what were gotten 2 years prior when the car was first completed.

I just know a lot of crap was spewed out by certain "others" about their (ECS's) dyno being outside and "fudging" of dyno numbers. Now that it is inside noone can point fingers and claim foul.
Don,
Your giving the finger pointers way to much credit!
We already knew our dyno is 100%, and we are not concerned with them. It was moved indoors because
Chris is lazy and doesn't want to set it up and tear it down everytime he uses it.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:28 PM
blownbyecs
Racer

was that chris's wife saying he got soft??? sorry buddy had to say that... great #'s guys keep up the awesome work

Last edited by blownbyecs; 03-29-2005 at 01:36 PM.

Quick Reply: LS1 head Mag #'s 515hp 487Tq