C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank 3800 converter with Procharger Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 10:58 PM
DragMan
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Yank 3800 converter with Procharger Questions!

Was wonder how this converter worked on street/strip car? How much stall with this converter or one close to 3800?
Old 10-07-2005, 08:37 AM
ONealLaw
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Well, when you say Yank 3800 stall, that is a very broad description because Yank makes several different converters for different uses and setups with different str's that will determine the street manners and optimize strip use dependent upon your power adders and etc. I can only comment on my use of the Pro Yank Extreme Series specifically designed for use on forced induction application, ie...Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous oxide power adders. I have the ProYank 3400E and I was running a Procharger P1SC@ 6-7lbs boost with 446rwhp on a stock internal engine with 3.42 gears. I was extremely pleased with this converter as it didn't compromise street driveability not one iota due to the STR rating and at the strip I was able to get all 3400 rpm of stall out of it with some 1.6x 60' at the strip of BFG drag radial. Pro Yank Extreme Series comes in Pro Yank 3400 Extreme, Pro Yank 3600 Extreme and Pro Yank 4000 Extreme. I was very happy with mine and I will be using my same one on my new blower/nitrous setup as well. Here is the link directly to all the advertised Yank Converters available for C5's from their website: http://www.converter.cc/inventory/GM...al_motors2.htm Good Luck to you in finding what satisfies your desired performance.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:04 PM
DragMan
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In VII Veteran

if I remember correct it was a SS3800 with 2.3 str.all is in my sig.

Get notified of new replies

To Yank 3800 converter with Procharger Questions!

Quick Reply: Yank 3800 converter with Procharger Questions!