C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD 8969 Digital Window Switch Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Yellow03Z06
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default MSD 8969 Digital Window Switch Wiring

I tried searching but didn't find much. There are a few on ls1tech but I'm still a bit uncertain.

I know I have to run it in 4 cyl mode.

BLACK wire is ground

RED is +12 Can I use the poitive terminal by the fuse relay box?

WHITE is tach input....I have read to connect it to a white wire, which is the tach output. Where is this wire??

Where does the YELLOW wire go

How about the GRAY wire.

I am using an Edelbrock dry system.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:27 AM
PaiN00FRC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellow03Z06
I tried searching but didn't find much. There are a few on ls1tech but I'm still a bit uncertain.

I know I have to run it in 4 cyl mode.

BLACK wire is ground

RED is +12 Can I use the poitive terminal by the fuse relay box?
I would place your window switch power on a switched power source. I just recently located the source of my draining batteries. It was the MSD window switch (older pill style). It was powered constantly off the dirct 12v feed to the fuse block. Removed it , and no more draining batteries. The instructions for your switch states you should use a switched power source.

WHITE is tach input....I have read to connect it to a white wire, which is the tach output. Where is this wire??
Its a wire coming out of the pcm, I believe it is pin 10 for your year model. Also some people wire it to a coil pack. here is some good info from a member , that posted over on ls1tech.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=37

Where does the YELLOW wire go
The yellow wire (if your wired like mine) will go to your relay it will close the circuit when the switch is activated, and ground the relay.

How about the GRAY wire.
The white wire is used if your setup needs to remove a ground source, or open a circuit. Maybe it could be used for something else, but I'm guessing that it would not be used.

I'm sure some other members could give ya some better answrs , but I hope that may help.

Quick Reply: MSD 8969 Digital Window Switch Wiring