C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tried a couple of 1/4 mile passes at bg with no luck.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 08:25 PM
SR71
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default tried a couple of 1/4 mile passes at bg with no luck.

I took a ride up to bowling green saturday for a few 1/4 mile passes. the weather was good, not phenominal, but good. da was ~ 1200ft.

first pass, the car left ok with a 1.37 60'...about 30ft out is when the turbos make full boost. that's when the devil jumps up on the steering wheel and says "it's time to go fast, little man". the pull of the new 402 and twin 76's is absolutely brutal. high gear pulls as hard, if not harder, than low gear does. at the top of second gear the car got very loose and headed toward the left hand wall. I chased it all the way out of the groove before I pedaled it. the car was far enough out of shape that when the tires bit again the car rocked from side to side. when I felt the tires bite, I pulled it in high gear, hammered the throttle and ran it out the back door. after I crossed the line I saw flames coming out of the right side extractor on the hood. of course I whipped it off on the return road as quickly as possible, jumped out and threw the hood open. the dipstick had blown out and oil was all over my right side downpipe. the fire went out a couple of seconds after I opened the hood. luckily nothing was hurt no thanks to the stock plastic check valve in the pcv line letting the boost from the intake pressurize the crankcase. needless to say, I will have a fire extinguisher in the car by the next time it goes out....anyway, I went and picked the slip up. 9.53 @ 147mph off of a 6.18 1/8th @ 115mph.

after disconnecting and plugging the line from the manifold, I made another pass. the car launched with a 1.37 60' again. it was a clean pass untill just before the 1/8th mile traps. the car just started spinning the tires. it headed to the left again. I chased it and caught. still spinning, it went back to the right. I caught it one more time and when it went to the left again, I lifted. I got back on the throttle at about 1000' and ran a 9.37 @ 140mph. the 1/8th was 5.79 @ 122mph. just imagine what my mph would have been if I could have made a clean pass.

there was no fluid from my car this time. I walked up and talked to one of the track officals and he told me that they didn't notice it, but the car that went down in front of me had misted the track. after seeing me get loose as well as the car after me, they checked the track, then cleaned and drug it.

after almost stuffing my car into the wall twice, I decided to call it a day. my 8.xx @ 15x mph timeslip would just have to wait for another day. it just wasn't worth risking me or the car for it.

oh, and i forgot to mention that all of this was on 14psi.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:35 PM
0rodney@rpmtransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10-15-2006, 08:44 PM
BLOWNZO6
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Going to take a few times to shack the bugs out it.

Going to be more of a screamer than it already is...
Old 10-15-2006, 11:07 PM
SR71
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's a video of my lifting 9.37 pass. thanks to Kevin (kp) for the video

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/7ef99...5b0147870c.htm
Old 10-15-2006, 11:30 PM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Your car should be capable of low 8's or a high 7 , once it's dialed in and you run it on a good hooking track . Good luck with it .
Old 10-16-2006, 10:34 AM
HP_Addict
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great runs, especially at Beech Bend.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:51 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,093 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by STEALTH 99 C5
Your car should be capable of low 8's or a high 7 , once it's dialed in and you run it on a good hooking track . Good luck with it .

I agree, thats really movin', good luck with it.

Get notified of new replies

To tried a couple of 1/4 mile passes at bg with no luck.

Quick Reply: tried a couple of 1/4 mile passes at bg with no luck.