C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank TH400 conversion question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Mr. Big
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Default Yank TH400 conversion question

I am looking into buying the Yank conversion for the turbo 400 tranny. All i can find is a few pictures and very little info. I tried calling Yank and they are closed.

These are the question. It looks like the tranny is solid mounted in the rear at the diff. and the tranny it self. They both bolt directly to the cradle. How can they do this if the motor is not solid mounted. If the motor does need to be solid mounted for this to work, where can i buy motor mounts.

What kind of cutting is involved in this, and where do i need to cut.

thanks for the help

Dom
Old 12-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Corvette4ever
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

If you're thinking about a TH400 conversion, why not do a 4L80-E instead? http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587441
Old 12-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Doczo6
Burning Brakes

I would give Doug at ECS a call. They seem to have that conversion down pack
Old 12-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Mr. Big
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

I know the 4l80e is good also, but they both solid mount. I don't understand how you can solid mount the rear and not the motor. even if the Torque tube take most of the brunt, it is still going to break eventually due to the movement of the motor.

It seems Doug over at ECS know the answer, but i feel bad calling him to ask all kinds of questions and wasting his time. There is no way i would have him install one for me as he is across the country. I am going to give it a shot myself.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Mr. Big
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

thanks everyone for the help and the PM's

I called Yank and spoke with Mike, he told me to solid mount the back like they want you to do, you need to solid mount the motor also.

Kind of a good idea, there kit come with a solid mount for the diff as well as the tranny. This would almost eliminate the need for a brace. Since both are solid mounted, why even use the brace?

Cool system

Get notified of new replies

To Yank TH400 conversion question

Quick Reply: Yank TH400 conversion question