C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions also Vendors LOOOK!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:43 PM
jmoody66
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Opinions also Vendors LOOOK!

So Im looking to improve my HP a little more on my 02 Z06. Currently running 7lbs boost via STS twin GT32's, FMIC, 60 lb motrons, Racetronics fuel upgrades, 2 bar map and an electronic boost controller.
Ive found a very well known head porter thats out of Red Oak just south of Dallas that many shops use that will set me up with a nice set of heads using my cores for 1200 bucks...they consist of the following: Ferrea 2.02/1.60 valves ,Patriot Gold Dbl springs, Ti retainers, locks and locators, custom valve job, mill, cleaning and assembly and flow about 305/220.....ready to bolt on. Im happy with pricing and his rep so Im set.
I am considering a turbo cam but reallllly do not want to mess with tearing the front end off again since I just replaced my harmonic balancer but if I have to I will.
Im running PS2's, stock up front 315 out back.
I want to up the boost to 9 lbs with a safe tune but Im told that I could up it to 10 lbs no problem....I dunno about that.
I am currently accepting best quotes for a Fidanza Twin Disc 7.6 setup that I want to purchase NOW (Vendors feel free to bid via PM) so that I can get this setup.

Other than going forged what thoughts or suggestions do you guys have on where Im going. I do not track..mainly do the street thing and still would like to keep the drivability but want to be able to suprise my buddy with his upcoming new cam and headers install on his 08 Z06 so that I can continue to be his daddy.......LOL
Old 08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
undertaker
Race Director

Location: ECS : WTF did you break now and HTF did you break it this time
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

you'll see more out of a cam than you will from heads.

With an sts with 243's unported with springs I was over 750 at the wheels with methanol.

Of course the time to do the cam was when you did that balancer...
Old 08-04-2008, 01:13 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Lloyd Elliot is good and has good prices for sure, but like Undertaker said, a cam may provide more for less.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:46 PM
jmoody66
Drifting

Default Hindsight

Originally Posted by undertaker

With an sts with 243's unported with springs I was over 750 at the wheels with methanol.

is a biotch!!! I know what you mean and believe me Im still kicking myself over that one. As a matter of fact I even bought an HD roller chain but the guy putting the thing together said my old one was just fine....so now I may have to break it down and just do it.
When you was at over 750 had you already forged? What kind of tune did you have? How much boost?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 AM
jmoody66
Drifting

Vendors! Can you see this? Im trying to buy something.

I am currently accepting best quotes for a Fidanza Twin Disc 7.6 setup that I want to purchase NOW (Vendors feel free to bid via PM) so that I can get this setup.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:15 PM
jmoody66
Drifting

Default cam choice

Originally Posted by undertaker

Well my engine is done...Ls2 402 callies crank,rods and weisco pistons...so what cam is best for the STS setup. I have the GT32's on it now and intend on running stock heads with upgraded springs and possibly some yellow terra rockers....would 1.8x be desireable with my setup?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:57 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

I wouldn't do the 1.8's even though I have them. They're supposed to be harder on the valve guides and the valve speed is supposed to be less than desireable causing the valves to jump off the seats. I have about a .050-.055" sweep across my valve stem which I don't consider that bad. I highly recommend a cam with low overlap. Something like what I got from Andy. 220/234 117lsa. Less overlap should bring in the boost sooner and the driveability / tunability will be much better. Mine pulls nicely beyond 6500 as well, so top end isn't an issue either.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06; 10-29-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:08 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoody66
Vendors! Can you see this? Im trying to buy something.

I can do $1279.99 + shipping.

Seth
Old 10-29-2008, 10:45 PM
jmoody66
Drifting

Originally Posted by HinsonSuperCars
I can do $1279.99 + shipping.

Seth
Seth,
I appreciate your quote...actually got it for 966 shipped but thats neither here nor there...I just grabbed an old thread looking for cam help and possible purchase.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions also Vendors LOOOK!

Quick Reply: Opinions also Vendors LOOOK!