C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video : Funcool's Cogged 112 Maggie!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 08:35 PM
FunCool
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NITRO UK
Hi guys quick question,are the stock rear pulleys pressed on or are they all one part .mp112
Thanks
Was hoping the cogged drive was gonna be an easy mod,sounds like it`s
not.
funcool,thanks for all the info bud
Yes they are pressed on, not very easy to get on and
your welcome bro.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:07 PM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks bud.
Any chance you could point me in the direction of anyone that could get me, either a kit or the basic parts and mod from there,cogs and belt. ?

TVS2300 would have been good,but just had to have the whine of the MP112................................... ........................................ again
Old 03-28-2013, 04:57 AM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 850 Likes on 558 Posts

slap some cogs on a TVS & you've got the whine but also have a better-running, more powerful, more efficient system.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:16 AM
liveaboard74
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by _zebra
slap some cogs on a TVS & you've got the whine but also have a better-running, more powerful, more efficient system.
X2..............

For 550whp or 6 to 8 pounds of boost the 112 is perfect. Don't take much HP to spin it and torque go's straight up to almost max in the 2500 rpm range.
For serious Hp 600 to 850whp the TVS is the only way to fly....
Little Reading on the C6 FI side will back that up. ..
Old 03-28-2013, 10:52 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

that's when you use a 1900

2300 for the big plans
Old 03-31-2013, 10:50 PM
FunCool
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by liveaboard74
X2..............

For 550whp or 6 to 8 pounds of boost the 112 is perfect. Don't take much HP to spin it and torque go's straight up to almost max in the 2500 rpm range.
For serious Hp 600 to 850whp the TVS is the only way to fly....
Little Reading on the C6 FI side will back that up. ..
I agree for sure, but 13lbs seems to be the sweet spot on the 112 for me.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:52 PM
FunCool
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NITRO UK
Thanks bud.
Any chance you could point me in the direction of anyone that could get me, either a kit or the basic parts and mod from there,cogs and belt. ?

TVS2300 would have been good,but just had to have the whine of the MP112................................... ........................................ again
TVS with a cog drive will wine, buddy.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 AM
liveaboard74
Drifting

Originally Posted by FunCool
I agree for sure, but 13lbs seems to be the sweet spot on the 112 for me.
Might have something to do with the CI..
You show-nuff got the goods under the blower to make a difference.
Learned a lot playing with the thing. Changing this and that was fun seeing what it would do. Cost the devil out of me but I'm just like you. I hate for anyone to tell me I CAN'T do something with something and it gets me involved to see just what i can get out of it.
Have a little different views on the heads than you do but it has to do with my motor so I wonder of your 400+ just handles it differently.
Gain went down per pound of boost once I passed 11 sharply. Just won't worth spinning the thing for the gain I got . 100 shot of nitrous wake's all H E L L up but its there just to be there, more than anything.
Its a cool DD,, that and the sky with the maggies so their finished, and waiting till the next time I want to go cruising .
Enjoy reading all your post. Have to say I enjoy the bench racing more than anything when you get the belt boys conjured up.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:33 PM
FunCool
Melting Slicks

Might have something to do with the CI..
You show-nuff got the goods under the blower to make a difference.
Learned a lot playing with the thing. Changing this and that was fun seeing what it would do. Cost the devil out of me but I'm just like you. I hate for anyone to tell me I CAN'T do something with something and it gets me involved to see just what i can get out of it.
Have a little different views on the heads than you do but it has to do with my motor so I wonder of your 400+ just handles it differently.
Gain went down per pound of boost once I passed 11 sharply. Just won't worth spinning the thing for the gain I got . 100 shot of nitrous wake's all H E L L up but its there just to be there, more than anything.
Its a cool DD,, that and the sky with the maggies so their finished, and waiting till the next time I want to go cruising .
Enjoy reading all your post. Have to say I enjoy the bench racing more than anything when you get the belt boys conjured up.
Sounds like we see eye to eye on alot of things, like spray!!!, drove the car all weaked at 7lbs of boost had a great time. Was getting a little problem with the reduce engine power, codes that were flashing 1120, 1220 and 1221. After 2 days found loose wire in TB connector.

Don't know what I should do, run 20lbs of boost or 16lbs for the summer. Lots of guys out here running 20lbs, but seem to be at the shop more then driving. Need help, what do you think.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:51 AM
liveaboard74
Drifting

Sounds like we see eye to eye on alot of things, like spray!!!, drove the car all weaked at 7lbs of boost had a great time. Was getting a little problem with the reduce engine power, codes that were flashing 1120, 1220 and 1221. After 2 days found loose wire in TB connector.

Don't know what I should do, run 20lbs of boost or 16lbs for the summer. Lots of guys out here running 20lbs, but seem to be at the shop more then driving . Need help, what do you think.
Bingo....
You might laugh but i"d stick with the 7 and enjoy the cruising..
My goal was to be able to out pull a stock ZR1 on motor so I won't into the high HP numbers but I sure enjoy reading the write-ups everyone has watching you guys that stay after it,,, post.
I"d stick with the lower boost and take riding any day over trying to push the limits where its sometimes not cool to push or hang with the top dogs and braking parts meting the guys at the shop every weekend trying to keep the thing running. Been there done that in the early years. Round track racing. Work on it all week long to make the race on saturday night so you can tear it up again and have something to do the following week nights. Did that to. Long story on that one why I changed to drag racing.
Honestly. I drive the vette like grandma.
Ed Hutching did one hell of a job at tuning it and he tuned the cam totally differently than I have ever heard any other car and I enjoy cruising listening to that, and have a heck of a stereo in there so I"m usually locked down at 5 to 7 over and doing my own thing with the lady beside me.
Really don't get to much chance to drive it. Started life being a show car and after finishing the body and insides moved onto the motor, trans, and rears.
Not as free as you guys are to get caught on the street and thats where my views of not running MT's and DR's comes from so enjoying the car for a street car is more important to me than being the top dog. Driving the devil out of something I have more fun with the sky cause no one expects it to be supercharged but the vette is taking the lady out to dinner car, cruising the beach and shows like Myrtle I"m going to try and make and the blue ridge parkway vette met , so it has its place ....
Sitting outside of Barstow Calif tonight with 10 cars on my back, heading back to NC and at 2400 a month for just the truck insurance a ticket gets right costly on everything so the rail fills the need for speed where its cool to do it and I enjoy the challenge of driving more than the speed..
You've taken the maggie on a vette past where anyone else has on the C5 side or C6 I think so if you really want my views. Back it off and enjoy the ride or go full tilt to play with the TT's and ECS/A&A guys and stick something out that hood that will really get attention and you know what i"m talking about. You already have the motor to handle it. I'd really like to see you go there and I think you could do it.
You ask. Just my views.

We all need a hero. Your just the man for the job..

Last edited by liveaboard74; 04-02-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:26 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

How does the whine from the cog compare to 6:71 blower with its huge cog belt drive? Do you hear if very much at idle and cruising?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:22 PM
FunCool
Melting Slicks

Bingo....
You might laugh but i"d stick with the 7 and enjoy the cruising..
My goal was to be able to out pull a stock ZR1 on motor so I won't into the high HP numbers but I sure enjoy reading the write-ups everyone has watching you guys that stay after it,,, post.
I"d stick with the lower boost and take riding any day over trying to push the limits where its sometimes not cool to push or hang with the top dogs and braking parts meting the guys at the shop every weekend trying to keep the thing running. Been there done that in the early years. Round track racing. Work on it all week long to make the race on saturday night so you can tear it up again and have something to do the following week nights. Did that to. Long story on that one why I changed to drag racing.
Honestly. I drive the vette like grandma.
Ed Hutching did one hell of a job at tuning it and he tuned the cam totally differently than I have ever heard any other car and I enjoy cruising listening to that, and have a heck of a stereo in there so I"m usually locked down at 5 to 7 over and doing my own thing with the lady beside me.
Really don't get to much chance to drive it. Started life being a show car and after finishing the body and insides moved onto the motor, trans, and rears.
Not as free as you guys are to get caught on the street and thats where my views of not running MT's and DR's comes from so enjoying the car for a street car is more important to me than being the top dog. Driving the devil out of something I have more fun with the sky cause no one expects it to be supercharged but the vette is taking the lady out to dinner car, cruising the beach and shows like Myrtle I"m going to try and make and the blue ridge parkway vette met , so it has its place ....
Sitting outside of Barstow Calif tonight with 10 cars on my back, heading back to NC and at 2400 a month for just the truck insurance a ticket gets right costly on everything so the rail fills the need for speed where its cool to do it and I enjoy the challenge of driving more than the speed..
You've taken the maggie on a vette past where anyone else has on the C5 side or C6 I think so if you really want my views. Back it off and enjoy the ride or go full tilt to play with the TT's and ECS/A&A guys and stick something out that hood that will really get attention and you know what i"m talking about. You already have the motor to handle it. I'd really like to see you go there and I think you could do it.
You ask. Just my views.

We all need a hero. Your just the man for the job..
The funny thing is last year all I wanted was to race and beat a Zr1, but at the last second I cheated and raised the boost to 16lbs ( 3.2 to 2.7 ) for the win. Well with 16lbs it was very easy to win with his 10.5lbs. Was talking with the Zr1 owner about racing with my 7lbs of boost to see what would happen at the local track of course. Don't think I have enough to win.

Don't know if I'm a hero, but lets see how the summer plays out.
So far this weeked I raced Night-rider ( from the show ) and won at the track.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:26 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

passed a ZR1 in town tonight - didn't even know anybody here had one
kinda nice knowing my C5 is pushing almost as much as he is... except from an LS1
Old 04-02-2013, 10:29 PM
FunCool
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RED99
How does the whine from the cog compare to 6:71 blower with its huge cog belt drive? Do you hear if very much at idle and cruising?
The whine sounds amazing for sure, with the hood closed at idle the whine is low. Cruising you can hear it more and at full throttle the maggie roars.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:18 AM
liveaboard74
Drifting

The funny thing is last year all I wanted was to race and beat a Zr1, but at the last second I cheated and raised the boost to 16lbs ( 3.2 to 2.7 ) for the win. Well with 16lbs it was very easy to win with his 10.5lbs. Was talking with the Zr1 owner about racing with my 7lbs of boost to see what would happen at the local track of course. Don't think I have enough to win.

Don't know if I'm a hero, but lets see how the summer plays out.
So far this weeked I raced Night-rider ( from the show ) and won at the track.
Well if you put Kit in his place, you D MAN..
My goal was a little different. Run with a zr1 for 1/3 the price and custom the whole car while doing it. Straight up motor without the gears I don't know if I could or not but the 3.90s set that car on fire.
I"m only hitting a hundred on the nitrous but have to stop to turn it on so its there if the boys met at the air strip and i'm home not doing any thing which is almost never.
I would love to see someone go full tilt with the 6-71 and a injection system. Think its kinda strange no one has done it yet but the idea is there... BBC and a real blower. BIG BELT TO... LOL
We know where we stand with the maggies but their fun for street just not a quarter horse like our belted cousins..
You got my vote on the vette and Maggies .

Last edited by liveaboard74; 04-03-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:45 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Sod those old school blowers, someone needs to stick a whipple 8.3 on top of a Ls engine.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:10 PM
liveaboard74
Drifting

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Sod those old school blowers, someone needs to stick a whipple 8.3 on top of a Ls engine.
we'ed get rid of the things if we could ever wear them out but they won't wear out.
We'll just be the old school farts till they do..

Get notified of new replies

To Video : Funcool's Cogged 112 Maggie!

Old 04-03-2013, 04:17 PM
liveaboard74
Drifting

we'ed get rid of the things if we could ever wear them out but they won't wear out.
We'll just be the old school farts till they do..

Funcools going 8-71. He don't know it yet so don't let the cat out the bag....
Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 PM
FunCool
Melting Slicks

Now were talking!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:54 PM
FunCool
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by _zebra
passed a ZR1 in town tonight - didn't even know anybody here had one
kinda nice knowing my C5 is pushing almost as much as he is... except from an LS1
My buddy's Zr1 dynoed 525rwh and 508rwt stock.

Quick Reply: Video : Funcool's Cogged 112 Maggie!