C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't move: SD tune problem??? Experts needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:13 PM
95redz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok folks, we are 100% sure the cas been taken to GM in Colorado for the GM bypass. I am going to get my dad to follow the instructions on the sticky to bypass the bypass.

So, can I still use EFI live to change the fuel cutoff stuff or will it even matter once we bypass the bypass??
Old 11-23-2009, 12:18 PM
95redz
Pro

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette
Even if you replace the motor you can still get a Column Lock problem and Fuel Shut off.

What GM did in one of the recalls was to remove the column lock. Now in their infinite wisdom, for replacing the safety feature they removed, was to re-flash to shut off fuel at 2 mph. So now if the system thinks the column is locked (even with the plate and motor removed) it will still shut off fuel a 2 mph.

A CLB solves the issue by by-passing the Column Lock wiring a simulating and sending Column Unlocked signal to the computer.

End result NO column locked signal = no codes and no fuel shut off.

So, assuming I have the GM bypass in....can I remove that bypass and still install a CLB???
Old 11-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,169 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by 95redz
So, assuming I have the GM bypass in....can I remove that bypass and still install a CLB???
My understanding is you have to remove the GM K harness to install the CLB. and Yes you can change the fuel shut off MPH with EFI Live
Old 11-23-2009, 12:52 PM
95redz
Pro

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette
My understanding is you have to remove the GM K harness to install the CLB. and Yes you can change the fuel shut off MPH with EFI Live
Ok, my dad will try a few things later on this week/today.

1st he is going to try and full fuse #23
Q I still get the "Pull Key and Wait 10 Seconds" message and "Service Steering Column Lock" message? What do I do now?

A1 Sometimes the latching relay in the CLB can get out of sync sending the wrong status to your BCM. This has happened to a few folks even with the CLB installed. The CLB latching relay gets out of sync with the BCM possibly due to shock, vibration or relay contact bounce during switching which confused the BCM. The CLB does not physically know which state it should be in; it only switches from one state to the other when it receives a signal from the BCM. The BCM can be reset by pulling Fuse 23 and waiting 10 seconds.

If this doesn't work, he plans on removing the GM K bypass and going back to stock there.

I think I will order the Corvettes of Houston CLB and install that.

Does anyone have any pictures of the BCM that my dad will have to tackle in the footwell and where fuse 23 is??
Old 11-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,169 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by 95redz
Ok, my dad will try a few things later on this week/today.

1st he is going to try and full fuse #23
Q I still get the "Pull Key and Wait 10 Seconds" message and "Service Steering Column Lock" message? What do I do now?

A1 Sometimes the latching relay in the CLB can get out of sync sending the wrong status to your BCM. This has happened to a few folks even with the CLB installed. The CLB latching relay gets out of sync with the BCM possibly due to shock, vibration or relay contact bounce during switching which confused the BCM. The CLB does not physically know which state it should be in; it only switches from one state to the other when it receives a signal from the BCM. The BCM can be reset by pulling Fuse 23 and waiting 10 seconds.

If this doesn't work, he plans on removing the GM K bypass and going back to stock there.

I think I will order the Corvettes of Houston CLB and install that.

Does anyone have any pictures of the BCM that my dad will have to tackle in the footwell and where fuse 23 is??
Good Ideas. The carpet on the footwell pulls down then pull the panel down and there it is.

Make sure he has a fully charged battery. A weak battery will sometimes cause CL problems
Old 11-23-2009, 08:21 PM
95redz
Pro

On May 19, 2008 the car had recall #04006 performed which added in part # 89023816. All was well until last week where my dad is now stranded with the car in his garage becuase it won't go past 2mph.

We are going to go ahead and assume the K-bypass isn't working properly and remove it 100%. I also just ordered the Corvettes of Houston CLB mod. I dealt with Scott; very helpful.

He will be checking over fuse #23 and #25 1st, and the proceed from there.

There steering wheel is not locking, but obviously the fuel is being cutoff.

Once I get EFI live, I plan on changing the tables for this...but I don't have it, and nobody in my dads area has it either.

I will let everyone know the outcome.

Quick Reply: Car won't move: SD tune problem??? Experts needed!!