C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 02:44 PM
1stGlance
CF Senior Moments Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default oops

Originally Posted by hawk93
Just a question? How are you guys getting 550 plus to the rear wheels? I was told that I only got 480 to the rear. I am not complaining because I am happy with my A&A SUPER CHARGER and the installer. Those number sound inflated. What should I be getting? My car is an A4 and pretty much stock.

I realized after checking my old dyno sheet the motor is putting 557 max to rear wheels (not 590) :o
Old 10-24-2010, 09:56 AM
raycer
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Emissions

Will the 60 lb injectors included in the kit affect my performance on the mandatory emissions tests here in Canada?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:30 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure what to get for the holidays? How about an A&A Corvette Gift Certificate?!

http://www.aacorvette.com/performanc...roducts_id=342

Old 12-22-2010, 01:26 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Old 12-22-2010, 01:38 PM
1320n12
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any idea when my intercooler and fuel pump will ship,it was backordered from kit.
Scott
Old 12-23-2010, 12:43 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1320n12
Any idea when my intercooler and fuel pump will ship,it was backordered from kit.
Scott
We are currently welding up the intercoolers, your's should be out the door shortly with the pump.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Big Draggo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some great info on this forum but still looking for a little help please!

I understand the differences between the V-2 and V-3 trim but what really are the pros and cons between both?

I have a stock (Borla cat back) very low miles 04' Z06, looking for the biggest bang I can get without motor work (aside from cams). need some help with ordering...

What trim?
What pulley size?
What cam?

Pete
Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Big Draggo
Some great info on this forum but still looking for a little help please!

I understand the differences between the V-2 and V-3 trim but what really are the pros and cons between both?

I have a stock (Borla cat back) very low miles 04' Z06, looking for the biggest bang I can get without motor work (aside from cams). need some help with ordering...

What trim?
What pulley size?
What cam?

Pete
Here's some info on the superchargers:

Si-Trim?, T-Trim?, YSi-Trim?:
•The Si-Trim is our standard unit and is recommended for all stock engines or engines with mild modifications only. (headers, camshaft, etc.) The Si-Trim is easily capable of 650 RWHP on a mildly modified engine. We see no reason to use a larger supercharger if your aspirations are 650 RWHP or less.
•The T-Trim is recommended for applications up to 750 RWHP. The T-Trim can utilize smaller pulleys and make more boost and power than the Si-Trim.
•The last model is the YSi-Trim. This model is a V-7 which is not self contained. It has straight cut gears and is louder than the V-2 and V-3 units. The YSi is for extremely high output applications and is not recommended for engines with stock pistons.

V-2?, V-3?:
•The Si and T-Trims are available in two different models. The V-2 Si and V-2 T-Trim superchargers are lubricated with pressurized engine oil. No oil changes will be necessary. Each V-2 kit is supplied with a supply line and fitting, a return line and a special tool to cut a clean hole in the oil pan. The Corvette oil pan is aluminum and of sufficient thickness to allow threads to be tapped in the wall to seal the return fitting. There is no danger of oil leaks if installed according to our instructions.
•The V-3 Si and V-3 T-Trims are basically the same units but are self contained. Each has a sump, holding 4 oz. of supercharger oil and do not require and oil feed or return lines. You will need to change the oil in the supercharger periodically, however. Fortunately the V-3 head units have a convenient drain line attached to the bottom of each unit. This makes oil changes very simple. Both V-2 and V-3 models have helical cut gears and are considered to be very quiet.

On the LS6, we run the 3.8 pulley, which will be around 8psi. That is the level we feel safe with. If you want more boost pressure, go with a smaller pulley. If you want less boost pressure, go with a larger pulley.

Cams are harder to nail down in a paragraph. But, for a LS6 we would run somewhere around a 220-228 with a 116+3 LSA.

Last edited by Steve@AandACorvette; 01-05-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Big Draggo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steve@AandACorvette
Here's some info on the superchargers:

Si-Trim?, T-Trim?, YSi-Trim?:
•The Si-Trim is our standard unit and is recommended for all stock engines or engines with mild modifications only. (headers, camshaft, etc.) The Si-Trim is easily capable of 650 RWHP on a mildly modified engine. We see no reason to use a larger supercharger if your aspirations are 650 RWHP or less.
•The T-Trim is recommended for applications up to 750 RWHP. The T-Trim can utilize smaller pulleys and make more boost and power than the Si-Trim.
•The last model is the YSi-Trim. This model is a V-7 which is not self contained. It has straight cut gears and is louder than the V-2 and V-3 units. The YSi is for extremely high output applications and is not recommended for engines with stock pistons.

V-2?, V-3?:
•The Si and T-Trims are available in two different models. The V-2 Si and V-2 T-Trim superchargers are lubricated with pressurized engine oil. No oil changes will be necessary. Each V-2 kit is supplied with a supply line and fitting, a return line and a special tool to cut a clean hole in the oil pan. The Corvette oil pan is aluminum and of sufficient thickness to allow threads to be tapped in the wall to seal the return fitting. There is no danger of oil leaks if installed according to our instructions.
•The V-3 Si and V-3 T-Trims are basically the same units but are self contained. Each has a sump, holding 4 oz. of supercharger oil and do not require and oil feed or return lines. You will need to change the oil in the supercharger periodically, however. Fortunately the V-3 head units have a convenient drain line attached to the bottom of each unit. This makes oil changes very simple. Both V-2 and V-3 models have helical cut gears and are considered to be very quiet.

On the LS6, we run the 3.8 pulley, which will be around 8psi. That is the level we feel safe with. If you want more boost pressure, go with a smaller pulley. If you want less boost pressure, go with a larger pulley.

Cams are harder to nail down in a paragraph. But, for a LS6 we would run somewhere around a 220-228 with a 116+3 LSA.

Thank you...

What are the pros/cons going with a T trim vr a SI and a V2 vr V3?
Old 01-08-2011, 07:24 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I ran into a small problem with my new Procharger bracket when installing with the Innovators West 8-rib pulley. I ended up having to grind down the small plateau on the spring tensioner (raised area w/ arrow) because it was contacting the face of the IW pulley. The pulley is definitely 100% seated. Has anyone run into this before? Not a big deal...it was quickly fixed, but maybe I'll save someone a headache in the future. Thankfully I caught it before starting the car.

Last edited by YeloFevr; 01-08-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:06 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by YeloFevr
I ran into a small problem with my new Procharger bracket when installing with the Innovators West 8-rib pulley. I ended up having to grind down the small plateau on the spring tensioner (raised area w/ arrow) because it was contacting the face of the IW pulley. The pulley is definitely 100% seated. Has anyone run into this before? Not a big deal...it was quickly fixed, but maybe I'll save someone a headache in the future. Thankfully I caught it before starting the car.
Sorry about that. I am working on the 8-rib instruction sheet right now.

When you mounted the tensioner back on the bracket, did you take the washers off between the tensioner and the bracket and use the smaller 3/8-16 x 1 3/4" bolts?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:20 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the reply Steve. I actually did not disassemble the unit to grind down the tensioner. I have about .125" clearance now. Would removing the the washers gain much clearance? Also, were the smaller bolts included somewhere or do I need to pick them up at the hardware store? I didn't see extra hardware in any of my shipments, but I can double-check.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:38 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Thanks for the reply Steve. I actually did not disassemble the unit to grind down the tensioner. I have about .125" clearance now. Would removing the the washers gain much clearance? Also, were the smaller bolts included somewhere or do I need to pick them up at the hardware store? I didn't see extra hardware in any of my shipments, but I can double-check.
Did you order this as an 8-Rib Bracket?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:04 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Did you order this as an 8-Rib Bracket?
No, it's just the 6-rib w/ the 10% OD pulley. I think I should be fine, though. If anything in there moves .125", then I have bigger problems to worry about than pulley/tensioner contact.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:11 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

No, it's just the 6-rib w/ the 10% OD pulley. I think I should be fine, though. If anything in there moves .125", then I have bigger problems to worry about than pulley/tensioner contact.
Ahhh... gotcha. The pics above are for when the whole system is 8-rib.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:09 AM
dadsturn
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Steve,

I have emailed a few times on the build im in the middle of, but i need more information.
I have decided to have a 396 stroker w/9.5:1 built instead of the 383. Went for the whole enchilada...

Based on this being the only change from what i emailed you about, what pulley would i need to order from you with the V3S1 kit to get me in the 600-650rwhp area? You had stated that with the 383 that to get 550-600rwhp, the basic system would be fine and i could pulley up from there.

Now with this cuin change, what would you suggest. Also, you didnt give me the part number for the cam shaft to use that is under 600 lift.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2011, 12:23 AM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Hey A&A, just a heads up, you may want to double check your wiring documentation for installing the gauges in a C5. I've got an '01 A4 'vert, and ended up finding out that the *brown* wire, not the purple one, on my trunk release / fog light switch wiring was the switched power source for the gauge lights.

This isn't the first time I've had an issue like this with my car; a while back I did a stereo install on it and a particular power-antenna wire that everyone else had didn't exist in my car. I'm not sure which part of the '01 A4 'vert aspect of my ride affected this change in the wiring, but I just had a big headache sorting that out.

All being well, I'm taking it in to be supercharged tomorrow, can't wait!

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:31 AM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dadsturn
Steve,

I have emailed a few times on the build im in the middle of, but i need more information.
I have decided to have a 396 stroker w/9.5:1 built instead of the 383. Went for the whole enchilada...

Based on this being the only change from what i emailed you about, what pulley would i need to order from you with the V3S1 kit to get me in the 600-650rwhp area? You had stated that with the 383 that to get 550-600rwhp, the basic system would be fine and i could pulley up from there.

Now with this cuin change, what would you suggest. Also, you didnt give me the part number for the cam shaft to use that is under 600 lift.

Thanks
I'd go for the T-Trim supercharger. For the cam, check out our Stage 2. It is under 600 lift.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by flaagan
Hey A&A, just a heads up, you may want to double check your wiring documentation for installing the gauges in a C5. I've got an '01 A4 'vert, and ended up finding out that the *brown* wire, not the purple one, on my trunk release / fog light switch wiring was the switched power source for the gauge lights.

This isn't the first time I've had an issue like this with my car; a while back I did a stereo install on it and a particular power-antenna wire that everyone else had didn't exist in my car. I'm not sure which part of the '01 A4 'vert aspect of my ride affected this change in the wiring, but I just had a big headache sorting that out.

All being well, I'm taking it in to be supercharged tomorrow, can't wait!
Color changes do happen with the wire, maybe one year they had an excess of one color. It is always good to use a volt meter or test light when doing electrical work. Have fun with that supercharger!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Color changes do happen with the wire, maybe one year they had an excess of one color. It is always good to use a volt meter or test light when doing electrical work. Have fun with that supercharger!
Oddly enough my car battery was dead this morning. Plugged it into the charger and after a few minutes it fired up. I'm a little surprised since both the lights and the 'on' power source for the fuel gauge behaved exactly as expected. The fuel gauge power wire is going to the yellow wire as was instructed. How bright should the gauge lighting be, it seems a bit dim. Is there perhaps another (thicker) 'lighting' wire I can try out. Car's going into the shop shortly, so I may tell them to snip the lighting wire if you think that could be causing the drain.

-----

Talked with one of the mechanics at the shop about how he installs the wiring normally, he suggested working off of the dimmer switch. A miscommunication between the shop owner and I meant that the supercharger's not being installed til next week (turns out the kit hadn't even arrived yet and I thought it had), so I'm gonna let the car sit and see if it drains again. If it does, I'll start trying to diagnose the source of the problem since I've got a few extra days to deal with it.

Last edited by flaagan; 01-14-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread