C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10.5-1 Adding Blower... Few Q's

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Vette_GRL
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10.5-1 Adding Blower... Few Q's

Hello all, first post here..

I have a Forged 408ci that is has a 10.5-1 comp ratio. I have a 200hp NOS shot right now. I've been toying with the idea of adding a blower for the full time power. While I know it's not an ideal ratio I wanted to know what type of power I'd be able to make by slapping a centri with a meth system on my car. I'd quite honestly be dissapointed with anything less than 700hp and honestly would like, if it's possible to boost 15lbs + with a centri +meth and get well above that 700hp mark. I've gotten varying answers from people I've been talking to and haven't gotten too much clarity on the subject so I decided to defer to some of you guys because it seems there are smart cookies around here. (my car is about 500 at the rear tires right now)

I guess a few questions if anyone knows. Why is a lower compression motor like a 9.5-1 better for a blower than my 10.5-1. What if any limits will I have when adding a blower with my compression ration vs the lower comp motors. (ie, can't run as much boost)

Thank you for anyone that can take the time to answer a questions. I'm not one to just run to shop and tell them to do something. I like to learn about something so I can make my own decisions on my car....

And oh....most importantly, if i add the blower the NOS will come off.

Last edited by Vette_GRL; 09-23-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:30 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I have a 402 9:8:1 motor with just a hair under 15 psi of boost pushing out 857 rwhp on a mustang dyno... Love the power in boost after 10psi... If the thing had wings it would fly. I sold my old heads put a set of trick flow 72 cc on with a little more than stock head gasket to get it the the point it is now....
Old 09-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Vette_GRL
7th Gear

anyone with any insight here? like what type of boost I could run with a centri? and what power I could expect out of an intercooled centri?

any info at all?
Old 09-26-2010, 11:01 PM
ZOHSIX
Pro

I have 11:1 and am running 11lbs with a centri. It really depends on how much boost you want to run wether or not to lower your compression. 10.5:1 is not a bad compression at all. You should be able to run 15lbs with meth with supporting mods and reach your goal. Not ideal but possible. I don't know all the technical terms but a motor runs off compression. Whether comes from the motor or a blower there is a magical number before detonation. The reason people go with a lower compression is that you can make more hp per lb of boost than you can per point of compression. I'm really the wrong person to ask but it sucks not getting a response to your questions. Hope someone will be disgusted with what I wrote and help you out.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Vette_GRL
7th Gear

Originally Posted by ZOHSIX
I have 11:1 and am running 11lbs with a centri. It really depends on how much boost you want to run wether or not to lower your compression. 10.5:1 is not a bad compression at all. You should be able to run 15lbs with meth with supporting mods and reach your goal. Not ideal but possible. I don't know all the technical terms but a motor runs off compression. Whether comes from the motor or a blower there is a magical number before detonation. The reason people go with a lower compression is that you can make more hp per lb of boost than you can per point of compression. I'm really the wrong person to ask but it sucks not getting a response to your questions. Hope someone will be disgusted with what I wrote and help you out.

Hey thank you for your response.

For anyone that esle responds. If this is relevant, the 408 is fully forged with all good parts. again...makes about 500hp NA right now
Old 09-27-2010, 08:39 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by ZOHSIX
More than a few has ran same as above with 15lbs of boost with a good shot of meth to the car...

Get notified of new replies

To 10.5-1 Adding Blower... Few Q's

Quick Reply: 10.5-1 Adding Blower... Few Q's