C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meth questions for those daily drivers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 12:11 AM
dsmlights
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Meth questions for those daily drivers.

hey guys well finally I installed 3.6 pulley and tuned the car without meth. I added the meth the car is running pretty rich. mid 10s and sometime low 10s. What do you guys think about this ??? Is it too rich how much power am I loosing here.

I am also trying to rev the car to 6600 or so and I am running out of fuel up to as you can see the duty cycle of the injectors is 100%.

I am really thinking of just going to a meth dependent tune just to gain a bit more power and to help my injectors out up top so they don't go static.

I just want to know how reliable has meth tune been with you guys. I have the alcky control system . So I can test it and make sure all is good. But how much better is the meth tune, specially in the power.

thanks.

Last edited by dsmlights; 10-11-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Mid 10's is way too rich, you are losing a lot of power.

Pull like 5% out and see where that gets you. Maybe shoot for mid to low 11's, that will help a lot.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:41 AM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

I'm in Homestead for a 2 more weeks. I'd be willing to ride around and help you tune..
Old 10-11-2010, 10:40 AM
cobill1972
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmlights
hey guys well finally I installed 3.6 pulley and tuned the car without meth. I added the meth the car is running pretty rich. mid 10s and sometime low 10s. What do you guys think about this ??? Is it too rich how much power am I loosing here.

I am also trying to rev the car to 6600 or so and I am running out of fuel up to as you can see the duty cycle of the injectors is 100%.

I am really thinking of just going to a meth dependent tune just to gain a bit more power and to help my injectors out up top so they don't go static.

I just want to know how reliable has meth tune been with you guys. I have the alcky control system . So I can test it and make sure all is good. But how much better is the meth tune, specially in the power.

thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I run meth on both vettes and on one it's a V3si with a 3.4 pulley. What injectors are you running/fuel system, and yes with AFR's in the mid 10's I think your leaving a lot on the table. I'd back it down to mid 11's and then work on your timing. With the meth I would think that you'll probably end up around 17-18deg of timing once it's all said and done. If your going to do a meth reliant tune then you should see your INJ duty cycle back down as well once you lean it up a little,but I'm still wondering what your doing for your fuel supply. Also are you runing a SD?

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Meth questions for those daily drivers.

Quick Reply: Meth questions for those daily drivers.