C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official Modders Anonymous thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 09:41 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

-nods with Darion- I understand what you mean. I've been sitting on a set of Michelin Pilot sports for a couple of months now as I've been looking for 18x12 c5z wheels to fit them. Now I have a set of 317 truck heads, and an LS2 block sitting in my dad's shop waiting for a 402 rotating assembly.

Anybody got a number for the rehab place?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:00 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
-nods with Darion- I understand what you mean. I've been sitting on a set of Michelin Pilot sports for a couple of months now as I've been looking for 18x12 c5z wheels to fit them. Now I have a set of 317 truck heads, and an LS2 block sitting in my dad's shop waiting for a 402 rotating assembly.

I have the number. 1-800 modaholic

the only thing is the first thing they are going to have you do is give all your performance parts to them so that you wont be tempted. The point of contact for the parts donation is Mike I think his screenname on here is MVP'S ZO6
Old 02-12-2011, 11:04 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
I have the number. 1-800 modaholic

the only thing is the first thing they are going to have you do is give all your performance parts to them so that you wont be tempted. The point of contact for the parts donation is Mike I think his screenname on here is MVP'S ZO6
Old 02-12-2011, 11:13 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 02-13-2011, 04:58 AM
mel3535
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MyEBc5Z
Hello, my name is daniel. I put off my freshman year of college to work and mod my Z. Yea, someone beat that.
You should go back to school, that way you will have more money for mods when you are done with school.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:22 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mel3535
You should go back to school, that way you will have more money for mods when you are done with school.
Daniel don't listen to that comment. Your not going to get a Jon just because you have a degree in underwater basket weaving. Lol spend the money on the vette.

Just kidding lol. Ya go to school.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:26 AM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,256 Likes on 818 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Hi My name is Joe and I have been a mod-freak for 45 years.
I am still going strong and years ago we were just hot-rodder's.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Ok, so last night after reading/posting in this tread I went to the garage, mistake? I figured I should look and see what I have laying around that I haven't done. Its all little stuff but rocker protectors, fat rollers, stainless screw set for hood trunk doors, C6 ZO6 rear wheel splash molding. Man I need more time along with some over things!

Darion
Old 02-13-2011, 10:55 AM
stonabones69
Drifting

Hi my name is Kyle and I don't have any mod problems, just have a really fast record holding 6 speed Corvette. I just don't understand why Im always thinking about it,researching parts, melting my credit cards when I find the parts, begging my pal Tirecraft to help me work on it more, sometimes wonder how Im gonna pay the mortgage and telling my wife I found the new parts on the side of the road...

What do ya think - Im just a regular car guy. No modaholic symptoms here right?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:51 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Originally Posted by stonabones69
Hi my name is Kyle and I don't have any mod problems, just have a really fast record holding 6 speed Corvette. I just don't understand why Im always thinking about it,researching parts, melting my credit cards when I find the parts, begging my pal Tirecraft to help me work on it more, sometimes wonder how Im gonna pay the mortgage and telling my wife I found the new parts on the side of the road...

None. You're safe man now carry on your way.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:35 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by stonabones69

Stage 1 is denial

on that note, tomorrow is valentines day dont forget to get the wife or girlfriend something. It will help with their genuine hate for you moddaholism.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 02-13-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:08 PM
stonabones69
Drifting

Stage 1 is denial

on that note, tomorrow is valentines day dont forget to get the wife or girlfriend something. It will help with their genuine hate for you moddaholism.
****... is tomorrow really valentines day ? LOL... Do I get my wife some Diamonds or the dry sump that I need so desperately ??? Man, I wish I could afford both because she's gonna be pissed at my decision!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:10 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Stage 1 is denial

Or just do what I do. Trade them in on new models every year or two.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:44 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Or just do what I do. Trade them in on new models every year or two.
I like that idea cept each model has to hold their value for the year. Come on I couldn't afford half the stuff I do if I were swapping every couple years. .
Old 02-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

I like that idea cept each model has to hold their value for the year. Come on I couldn't afford half the stuff I do if I were swapping every couple years. .
Amen brother!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:54 AM
kageryu311
Pro

Hi I'm Sam and I'm a mod-a-holic. I got into modding cars 2 years ago and been doing so ever since.

I bought my C5Z April of 2010 bone stock, the next month I put an intake, long tubes and a ported throttle body. Its now January and there is a Supercharger with a blower cam in my car lol.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:37 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kageryu311
Hi I'm Sam and I'm a mod-a-holic. I got into modding cars 2 years ago and been doing so ever since.

I bought my C5Z April of 2010 bone stock, the next month I put an intake, long tubes and a ported throttle body. Its now January and there is a Supercharger with a blower cam in my car lol.
Welcome to a place moreover a thread where everyone has the same sickness.

Get notified of new replies

To The Official Modders Anonymous thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:31 PM
DANZGLASS
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Hello my name is Dan and I'm a Modaholic. I may not have FI right now but i do have this problem if thats what you call it. Started with my Jeeps back 10 years ago and never left.

I realized that no matter what i have i do mods to it. I thought will if i get a faster more bad *** car i won't need to mod it wrong!
This is why i have decided not to go out and try to get a c6z06, and just keep modding my c5z06 cause its cheaper this way!:
Old 02-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Acesup
Instructor

Default hey

Hi gang, well I guess I am also modoholic....or whatever your trying to label it....I have gone the whole 9 yards on my C5....you name it...
T6060, blower, forged motor, rims, shocks, red devil brakes, RPS triple clutch, fuel system, CCW drag pack (custom) coil overs,etc..etc.....the only thing I havent done is the Caravaggio Wide body...I guess its because the old lady is on the edge and that will be the official push off....at least I know what to do to get her off my hands though...and I did all these mods to so save money..(haha)..cause the more I spend on it...the more air miles I get !!...plus look at all the money I saved by not buying a C6....I guess its a bad addiction, but there are others that are bad too., and there is a million of em..but we dont need to discuss em...is there a problem with 900 rear wheel and 800 ft lbs or torque....I dont think its me with the problem...just other guys with slower cars......yup,,,I am in some serious denial...but at least I regognize it!! Mod away boys...life is short, we never know when our times up!! and
Old 03-26-2011, 05:23 PM
clekchaum
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont know how to cure this addiction other than selling the car, and even that didn't work ended up buying an even faster car with a bigger engine/blower and now modding the hell out of that... When will it end lol...

Quick Reply: The Official Modders Anonymous thread