C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Supercharger System is the best for stock C5 Z06
ECS Paxton Novi Kit
37.67%
A&A Vortech Kit
62.33%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Pro's and Con's of the A&A and ECS Supercharger Kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:18 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RaW Z06
I guess I need to clear this up.

Obviously, I'm looking for horsepower or I wouldn't be interested in a supercharger. What I'm not looking for is so much horsepower that the rest of my stock drive train can't handle it. Hope this makes sense

What amount of HP increase do most people consider to be reliable on the stock C5 Z06 platform??
You will be fine at 500-550rwhp
Old 09-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm going to pretend that I did not see the first part. The op is looking for more power but not so much power that he has to start upgrading a lot of things, so with that being said, the basic A&A kit will net him 500-550 witch is nice amount of HP and OP should be pleased. Have some respect for the OP and his thread and watch the name calling. Take it to PM if you have a problem with my statement!

Last edited by pewter99; 09-04-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:22 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Kenne Bell
Old 09-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Frankly, the advantage of the A&A system was that I could order a great QUALITY product, producing solid results that is as reliable as any other top SC system on the market. A&A's base system fit my hp goals and was a better value for ME because I don't want to make 650 plus hp. I had the option of a lower output SC which is a feature I liked and I'm still making 530 rwhp. Had I wanted more I could have upgraded the SC or went with an ECS setup and been happy either way they are both that good.

Spending alot of time choosing your system is smart, spend even more time selecting the shop that does the work and tunes the car. As you can see on the board a poor install or tune will result in a poor running car
or worse hurt engine.

Darion
Old 09-04-2011, 11:19 AM
FixedRoof
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

I personally don't have either kit at the moment. Both companies make excellent kits. There's no doubt about that. I wouldn't have a problem using either one. However, A&A's kit is cheaper and that is a consideration to think about. There is no problem making 500-550rwhp using either kit in base form.

Personally, I really like A&A and their service. Steve from A&A has helped me out on multiple occasions getting me parts that I needed. Had nothing to do with buying a kit from them either. They have earned me as a customer and I will continue to buy parts from them in the future. If I were throwing down $5000 for a kit right now, it would be going to them.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:48 AM
jbondfl
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

I also do not have a SC but have been considering one for quite some time and gathering information from the Forum.

In YOUR case I would go with A&A. You cannot gamble and be wrong about the CARB issue. The Paxton site is not clear on whether the NOVI is currently CARB legal.
Besides that, as others have noted:
A&A is "local" to you,
has a fantastic reptuation for quailty and customer service,
has a system that will produce exactly the HP range you are looking for,
and is comparable on price.

GL and be safe...
Old 09-04-2011, 01:01 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

if you can't respond without the hostility and name calling perhaps you should find a new topic
Old 09-04-2011, 02:40 PM
RaW Z06
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you to all who have replied, I really appreciate the feedback. That being said, please be respectful of each others thoughts and opinions (Even if they are contrary to yours). I do not want this thread to be locked down. I am sure there are others out there looking for the same information. It would be a shame to loose the thread.

Does anyone know if A&A has there own shop in Oxnard where they install and tune their systems or do they just make the system and have other shops install and tune????
Old 09-04-2011, 02:57 PM
corvette8189
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you to all who have replied, I really appreciate the feedback. That being said, please be respectful of each others thoughts and opinions (Even if they are contrary to yours). I do not want this thread to be locked down. I am sure there are others out there looking for the same information. It would be a shame to loose the thread.

Does anyone know if A&A has there own shop in Oxnard where they install and tune their systems or do they just make the system and have other shops install and tune????
they have there own shop and will install and tune for you
Old 09-05-2011, 02:28 AM
dc491
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder who has sold more kits? AA or ECS? My guess would be AA!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:36 PM
corvette8189
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dc491
I wonder who has sold more kits? AA or ECS? My guess would be AA!
A&A for sure i bet 5x more
Old 09-06-2011, 01:19 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
Sure you can, it's called ECS

Main reason I did not go with A&A is that there are to many for sale all the time, people are always changing pullies and head units witch is big expense and bother! ECS is plain and simple with a restrictor plate moddification you will have all the boost you want! People only Buy A&A kits because they are cheaper, but as you want more boost and swap out your pullies belts and head units, you will be spending a lot more money in the long run.

ECS is simply THE BADDEST KIT OUT THERE!!! And here come the A&A guys to try and tell me that I'm crazy. This is going to be an interesting Thread!!!
What's having "too many for sale" have to do with anything? You do realize there's a good reason for that right? It's because A&A outsells ECS kits literally 10:1. People selling their ECS kits too. (a few used ones for sale as we speak. Actually more than A&A).
You also don't seem to realize that you can put a restrictor plate on any A&A kit too.
ECS cars perform well at the track for a reason. Because they focus on racing. They have powerglides in them and weigh 800lbs less than my car. They're not more powerful. Just better race prepped. There's a difference.
I've installed and serviced both kits. I have less belt slip issues with the new A&A kit. I have had far less pulley squealing and failure issues with the A&A. (Actually 0 A&A pulley failures). The belt on the A&A is now far easier to change than the ECS. The YSi upgraded kit is capable of much more power than the ECS Novi 2k kit period. Have any doubts about what I just said? Call Paxton (owned by Vortech ) and ask their tech support if the YSi is more powerful. They'll shoot you straight as they have no dog in this hunt.

Buy the YSi and get a restrictor plate for it. Put an 8-rib upgrade kit, supporting fuel and methanol kit on it and you'll be out a couple of grand less than ECS and have a more powerful car if you choose.
If you would like less power, buy the Si trim (retails for 5499), make an easy 580+RWHP and take the wife on a cruise with the difference to keep her quiet about your investment.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:21 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Kenne Bell
You're missing a word at the end.

Rhymes with "chucks"
Old 09-06-2011, 02:08 AM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

The Paxton head units do not have CARB numbers. The Vortech Si-trim and T-trim blowers do have CARB numbers. Both great kits, but if your local to A&A you should go to them.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:28 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Wow, some of the responses in this thread are so off basis it's just ridiculous.

Bret - BlOWNBLUEZO6, you do not have a clue how many kits we sell, or A&A, so please do not post up information that you are completely ignorant in regards too.

CARB legal, guess what guys, neither kit is carb legal!!!
A&A uses a head unit off of a CARB certed kit to call their kit CARB legal, technically the kit needs to be carb legal, not just the head unit. We also can send out a kit with a CARB legal head unit, which so far seems to be working on getting cars passed in CA.

You guys want the my answer in the most basic form? ECS offers the most high end-durable kit on the market with the most upgradablity, that has been proven on the road course and drag strip more then any other FI set up for the C5. We include everything necessary to be able to bolt it in and run single digit passes, no plastic idlers, or upgrades-upgrades-upgrades necessary. We built it right the first time, and have not had to change our design several times over the years costing you much more over the long run.
Our kit can be considered overkill to some, but we are just fine with that!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:49 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Bret - BlOWNBLUEZO6, you do not have a clue how many kits we sell, or A&A, so please do not post up information that you are completely ignorant in regards too.

Not a clue? First off, I have knowledge of how many kits A&A sells and I have "a clue" as to how many you guys sell. Factory reps talk sometimes.

So you offer only one pulley for the Novi 2k? No options to change? The same diameter pulley that you run on your and Jay's car?
So now your kit now comes with an 8-rib setup for the same price or do you have your Jersey boys running those featherweight powerglide cars on 6-rib setups?
That blower you guys are running is the same blower that your customer will get and not the Novi 2500?

Just sayin'
Old 09-06-2011, 12:45 PM
DTH STR
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, This will be the second ECS set up for me. I had one in my other C5 that I sold and will soon install a second kit on my 04. I honestly think its just your own choice. Don't think you could go wrong with either. My .02

Shahram

Get notified of new replies

To Pro's and Con's of the A&A and ECS Supercharger Kits

Old 09-06-2011, 01:56 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok Guys, I am seriously contemplating a Supercharger kit for my 2002 Z06. I have narrowed it down to purchasing the A&A or ECS system. I have read quite a few posts and have used the search function to answer alot of my questions but really wanted to hear the Pro's and con's of each system from those of you who own them or are familiar with the systems. I know the ECS kit comes with a Paxton Novi and the A&A system comes with a Vortech. Which one is the most reliable and efficient? What is the advantage of one over the other? Which supercharger system has the better intercooler? Which system is the easiest to install with the least amount of structural damage to the car (in case I ever want to go back to stock). Which has the best tech support?

I am not looking for massive horsepower. I will not be spending a bunch of aditional money on cams, headers, and other performance items. I will not be upgrading the system or my car in the future. What I am looking for is the most reliable supercharger system for my stock C5 Z06 with Bola Quad stingers. BTW I am in California if that makes any difference in regards to getting the car tuned. Thanks to all who reply.
Nice talking with you today. Hopefully, we'll see you soon!

Old 09-06-2011, 01:57 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DTH STR
Well, This will be the second ECS set up for me. I had one in my other C5 that I sold and will soon install a second kit on my 04. I honestly think its just your own choice. Don't think you could go wrong with either. My .02

Shahram
+1. Both have their pros and cons. Both will work great on a stock motor. Call Andy/Steve and call Doug, see which shop you like dealing with most. To me this debate is similar to the debate between Nikon and Canon DSLRs...both are wonderful and have their own pros/cons. I am a Nikon guy but only because when I was getting into the DSLR scene a friend had a Nikon so it is what I knew first. I have the ECS kit and Ive seen A&A's kit and I like certain things on mine and some things on his kit. You really can't go wrong with either if you are looking for something to put on a stock motor. Now if you are looking to make some serious jam, that is where the differences between the two kits become more apparent. I will keep my opinion to myself on which I like for big power so in your case, close your eyes and pick one

Last edited by golfinz; 09-06-2011 at 02:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Roger G (03-28-2016)
Old 09-06-2011, 02:25 PM
RaW Z06
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve@AandACorvette
Nice talking with you today. Hopefully, we'll see you soon!

Steve,

I really appreciate your time this morning on the phone. I know I had alot of questions..... After much research and careful consideration, I believe the A&A V3 SI kit will be the right choice for my needs.... Thank You

Quick Reply: Pro's and Con's of the A&A and ECS Supercharger Kits