C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**C5 Corvette with custom 3.6L Kenne Bell By Late Model Racecraft**

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 09:20 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Too bad for KB these kind of results weren't achieved two years ago.

Nice job LMR
Old 09-24-2011, 01:55 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by user_name
I think that's the best KB numbers ever posted on here that can be backed up. Congrats. I'm assuming you didn't just bolt on the kit, but made some changes.
Had to do a # of changes I put money on that. But the kit was fun and had bling for sure..... I say that thing is a hand full at those rwtq # that fast in the game.. Robert
Old 09-24-2011, 03:08 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
You're right. The three usual suspects of perpetuating KB blow ups are all in this thread.
so i ain't the only one who noticed that...
Old 09-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

It appears they used the Camaro Mammoth intake with a 102mm TB. Unless there is some underneath changes I can't see anything else.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:38 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

even the 2.8 had the option of using the Mammoth on the C5 kits
Old 09-24-2011, 04:35 PM
user_name
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by _zebra
so i ain't the only one who noticed that...
You guys mean the people that saw through all the empty promises about these kb kits through TPE from the start? I'd be one of those guys. Some people lost some serious coin chasing the results that never happened.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:02 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by user_name
You guys mean the people that saw through all the empty promises about these kb kits through TPE from the start? I'd be one of those guys. Some people lost some serious coin chasing the results that never happened.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by 2slicks1vette
That blower is gonna make axles and other associated drive train parts beg for mercy.
Guys, this was no "kit". We had to custom build everything. Thanks to ECS(east coast supercharging) for some brackets but other than them, everything was custom built here in house to make this supercharger system work on this C5 Corvette.

Customer called me 2 months ago asking me about his goal to put a 3.6L kenne bell supercharger on his C5 corvette that could drive on the weekends to car shows and make 750rwhp on pump gas and 900 plus on race gas. Told me it had never been done and spent a lot of time doing research and if anyone could build it, it would be LMR. I decided to take the project on because I know my guys can build just about anything and I love challenges.

The only thing stock on this car is the doors and front fenders.

EVERYTHING has been replaced.
Engine-LSX 427
Trans-TR6060
Clutch-RPS Billet Carbon on Carbon
Rear end-ZR1 Differential built by RPM
Axles-Drive shaft shop
G2 Coil Overs
T1 Sway Bars
Fuel system-LMR custom twin in tank fuel pump system
LMR Custom hood-(clearance for supercharger/induction)

And to the guy laughing at 800rwhp with 19lbs of boost, you're just ignorant. This car is running on PUMP GAS, no methonal. If you knew anything about these cars and supercharger systems you would know you cant run a lot of timing with intake air temps being what they are in 105* houston weather while running 93 octane. Now once we put some C16 in it, I will start to put some timing in her to pick the horsepower up.

Dont get me wrong guys, I have no idea what some of these problems you have with Kenne Bell are and I really do not care. I built a car with the parts the customer wanted me to build with. I much rather would have built him a twin turbo kit, lol. but to each their own.

At the end of the day, the torque curve on this car is BEAUTIFUL. 750rwtq at 3k RPMs
Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT
713-466-9900
LateModelRacecraft.com

Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!

Last edited by Late Model Racecraft; 09-27-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:19 PM
RIDE3311
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft
Guys, this was no "kit". We had to custom build everything. Thanks to ECS(east coast supercharging) for some brackets but other than them, everything was custom built here in house to make this supercharger system work on this C5 Corvette.

Customer called me 2 months ago asking me about his goal to put a 3.6L kenne bell supercharger on his C5 corvette that could drive on the weekends to car shows and make 750rwhp on pump gas and 900 plus on race gas. Told me it had never been done and spent a lot of time doing research and if anyone could build it, it would be LMR. I decided to take the project on because I know my guys can build just about anything and I love challenges.

The only thing stock on this car is the doors and front fenders.

EVERYTHING has been replaced.
Engine-LSX 427
Trans-TR6060
Clutch-RPS Billet Carbon on Carbon
Rear end-ZR1 Differential built by RPM
Axles-Drive shaft shop
Fuel system-LMR custom twin in tank fuel pump system
LMR Custom hood-(clearance for supercharger/induction)

And to the guy laughing at 800rwhp with 19lbs of boost, you're just ignorant. This car is running on PUMP GAS, no methonal. If you knew anything about these cars and supercharger systems you would know you cant run a lot of timing with intake air temps being what they are in 105* houston weather while running 93 octane. Now once we put some C16 in it, I will start to put some timing in her to pick the horsepower up.

Dont get me wrong guys, I have no idea what some of these problems you have with Kenne Bell are and I really do not care. I built a car with the parts the customer wanted me to build with. I much rather would have built him a twin turbo kit, lol. but to each their own.

At the end of the day, the torque curve on this car is BEAUTIFUL. 750rwtq at 3k RPMs
No doubt about it that it was a job well done and if I was the customer I would definitely be happy with the results
Old 09-25-2011, 11:07 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by RIDE3311
No doubt about it that it was a job well done and if I was the customer I would definitely be happy with the results
Old 09-25-2011, 11:29 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Awesome sound and thats some good power should be fun to drive good work Steven!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:35 PM
thekid96
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't someone make 8xx whp years ago with a 2.8 KB on a 402 or something?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:39 AM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Yes but it was discounted by the haters and it even had a dyno video and sheet. Can't please some people.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:39 AM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Guys, this was no "kit". We had to custom build everything.

Did you change anything with the intercooler?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:19 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Yep, im ignorant.

Best of luck with the C16, cant wait to see the results. Hope he likes changing out 02 sensors.

And I will stick to my comment that sub 800rwhp on 19lbs is a joke, espcially considering the size of that engine. This all goes back to my dislike for that blower and its hotter then the blazes of hell IAT temps. It should be making that power at around 14lbs pending actual compression ratio of the engine. But that would assume the temps wernt on the verge of being able to cook a hamburger on the top of the blower...

Hope your customer enjoys it, shame to see a beautifull engine being wasted like that though. Could have spent less money then that KB setup and could have been making 1000+ rwhp with a YSI or F1...

But in the end, as long as the customer is happy, thats what matters.

I dare you to take a poll of how many C5 owners that bought a KB setup and really tried to push the system even with excessive modifications were happy, you probably wont find a single one. The only thing I applaud you for is using a 3.6 unit, that is the only reason you are seeing the results you are, especially with no meth. The 2.6 and 2.8 were a flop and id imagine that is why kenne bell discontinued the kit and never released a C6 system. And FWIW, take a good look at the lower intake manifold after a few thousand miles, more then one of us had it crack around the intake ports.

Best of luck to you and your customer, but for future reference, dont assume people are ignorant. There are quite a few of us that spent alot of time doing the kenne bell dance.

Last edited by breecher_7; 09-26-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Nice job guys, keep us posted..
Old 09-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Originally Posted by breecher_7
But in the end, as long as the customer is happy, thats what matters.
That is what has been the center point of most of the tension in the threads. Customer had a requirement and it was filled. I never understood why there was so much hate in some of these threads. If you had a requirement and it was not filled to your liking then you moved onto what did.

Get notified of new replies

To **C5 Corvette with custom 3.6L Kenne Bell By Late Model Racecraft**

Old 09-26-2011, 06:59 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
That is what has been the center point of most of the tension in the threads. Customer had a requirement and it was filled. I never understood why there was so much hate in some of these threads. If you had a requirement and it was not filled to your liking then you moved onto what did.
My problem is that I see a nasty engine like that not being pushed to nearly its potential and it makes me want to puke. Its just ALOT of wasted money to reach that power level. Could have saved alot of money on that engine, made the same power and been just as reliable. LSX block for sub 1000rwhp = SERIOUS WASTE OF MONEY.

Last edited by breecher_7; 09-26-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:02 PM
blkdevl
Burning Brakes

thats awsome. way to be different and do what u want. if you got the results you were looking for thats all that matters!! best of luck..
Old 09-27-2011, 01:53 AM
01z0666
Racer

Originally Posted by breecher_7
My problem is that I see a nasty engine like that not being pushed to nearly its potential and it makes me want to puke. Its just ALOT of wasted money to reach that power level. Could have saved alot of money on that engine, made the same power and been just as reliable. LSX block for sub 1000rwhp = SERIOUS WASTE OF MONEY.
Sometimes people who HAVE money just don't care.they want something different just to turn heads.not everyone thinks the same way financially.i.cant tell you how many american classics ive seen ruined to be dressed up as an NFL icon.I applaud different and at the end of the day if it can drag a highly modded whipple cobra I don't give a sh*t if it is a rb, centri, or turbo.its still a vette making great power...give credit where its due

Quick Reply: **C5 Corvette with custom 3.6L Kenne Bell By Late Model Racecraft**