C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSI fuel system problem and Deatschwerks upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:54 PM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

Default RSI fuel system problem and Deatschwerks upgrade

Well the other night we took my car out to do some drivability and hot and cold start tuning. Car has ran pretty dam good but it needed a few changes and a Tick master.(Wouldnt shift up high) So we cruise to the local mexico strip and hit it a couple of times and AFR is about 11.4 max @ 18 degrees. Car feels great no knock and we were for once ahead of the game to go to the Texas Invational in Dallas where JMBLOWNWS6 vs BLOWNBLUEZ06 is going to happen So we go back to the shop do some minor hotstart changes and bam we are done. Couple of hrs go by and its time to leave and I get in the car and start it up and the car is fine. As soon as I put it in reverse and pull it out all hell breaks loose and the car starts running like Look up and the fuel pressure gauge and its @ 22psi. So Im thinking to myself I have a badass fuel leak or my corvette has wagged its tail a little too hard and the fuel pressure regulator locking nut backed out. Checked for both and nothing. No leaks and everything looks ok. Checked wiring and fuse's and the same all ok. Mind you we are about to leave and its 1:45am. So something inside the hat had too have came loose. So I call RSI the next morning to get ahold of Will right away to talk to him about what he thinks happened to my 6 month old fuel system Called the first time no answer. Waited 25mins called back again and a lady answers the phone and I expressed to her how important it was that I talk to Will. Of course I get the standard he is on the phone or busy statement which I can understand. So I leave my number and tell her I really need to talk to him and order some items and get this issue straightened out ASAP. Three to 4 hrs go buy and nothing. Call back and nothing no answer. Thats when I called Bret and talked for a bit and got some info from him. Then called Deatschwerks and talked Chris and everything changed. We talked about what was happeneing and we think might have happened, Exchanged emails and phone calls within 1hr and I had pumps,socks and emails saying my items are on the way. I guess Im in a one day zone because look what was on my desk when I woke up

I wont be able to work on my car till Tuesday because Im working so we will see what happened inside the hat. Or the boys at Lethal can tear into it Monday Once Im done with this race we will go to e85 since we are going from 510lph to 640lph and backed by a 3 year warranty!

Last edited by JMBLOWNWS6; 04-21-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:52 PM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Hope you get your pumps installed in time for the race. There is a thread in the C6FI section right now about running The DW pumps with the RSI wiring you might want to check out before you do the install. Those pumps seem like the way to go, think I am going to put a couple of them in my car.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:41 PM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SBCGENII
Hope you get your pumps installed in time for the race. There is a thread in the C6FI section right now about running The DW pumps with the RSI wiring you might want to check out before you do the install. Those pumps seem like the way to go, think I am going to put a couple of them in my car.
Those are triple hat pumps doing that. Ill watch it close and if not Im just make my own harness. Deatschwerks has really great service I cant stress that enough.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:26 PM
venomws7
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I told you to get those DW before

I have RSI Hanger/harness and dual DW pumps I love my setup 670rwhp with 83lbs injectors still on 55% injectors duty cycle..

PLEASE Do your best to finish the beast I wanna see the race vs Bret
Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 PM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Will is saying they have a 40% failure rate now.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1580609592-post61.html

Last edited by JMBLOWNWS6; 04-22-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:53 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Lethal FTW
Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Well the other night we took my car out to do some drivability and hot and cold start tuning. Car has ran pretty dam good but it needed a few changes and a Tick master.(Wouldnt shift up high) So we cruise to the local mexico strip and hit it a couple of times and AFR is about 11.4 max @ 18 degrees. Car feels great no knock and we were for once ahead of the game to go to the Texas Invational in Dallas where JMBLOWNWS6 vs BLOWNBLUEZ06 is going to happen So we go back to the shop do some minor hotstart changes and bam we are done. Couple of hrs go by and its time to leave and I get in the car and start it up and the car is fine. As soon as I put it in reverse and pull it out all hell breaks loose and the car starts running like Look up and the fuel pressure gauge and its @ 22psi. So Im thinking to myself I have a badass fuel leak or my corvette has wagged its tail a little too hard and the fuel pressure regulator locking nut backed out. Checked for both and nothing. No leaks and everything looks ok. Checked wiring and fuse's and the same all ok. Mind you we are about to leave and its 1:45am. So something inside the hat had too have came loose. So I call RSI the next morning to get ahold of Will right away to talk to him about what he thinks happened to my 6 month old fuel system Called the first time no answer. Waited 25mins called back again and a lady answers the phone and I expressed to her how important it was that I talk to Will. Of course I get the standard he is on the phone or busy statement which I can understand. So I leave my number and tell her I really need to talk to him and order some items and get this issue straightened out ASAP. Three to 4 hrs go buy and nothing. Call back and nothing no answer. Thats when I called Bret and talked for a bit and got some info from him. Then called Deatschwerks and talked Chris and everything changed. We talked about what was happening and we think might have happened, Exchanged emails and phone calls within 1hr and I had pumps,socks and emails saying my items are on the way. I guess Im in a one day zone because look what was on my desk when I woke up

I wont be able to work on my car till Tuesday because Im working so we will see what happened inside the hat. Or the boys at Lethal can tear into it Monday Once Im done with this race we will go to e85 since we are going from 510lph to 640lph and backed by a 3 year warranty!
Just now read this. Can't wait!!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:25 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Any update
Old 04-24-2012, 11:57 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Subscribing! Curiosity is bigtime peaked!

Is it possible to get some pictures of the finding's?

Of course it could help a lot of people's - You know me and how much I like pictures!

Thanks,Matt
Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 PM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Will took care of me. Busted hose. I didnt do the Deatschwerks pumps. Im going to wait till after this event and Will is going to do some testing further on the pumps. So here are the pics. Sorry for being so late on replys. Im pretty beatup right now just getting everything ready for racing this weekend.

Drain time and labels

Fixed

Last edited by JMBLOWNWS6; 04-27-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:33 PM
02402ramair
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have found out the hard way that you need to use special fuel injection hose and fuel injection hose clamps. The clamps do not cut into the hose like the worm gear clamps you are using.The edges of the clamps are rolled. They cost more but when dealing with FI and the fuel system you can never be to carefull. I am glad you found the problem.

Last edited by 02402ramair; 04-27-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:59 PM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 02402ramair
I have found out the hard way that you need to use special fuel injection hose and fuel injection hose clamps. The clamps do not cut into the hose like the worm gear clamps you are using. They cost more but when dealing with FI and the fuel system you can never be to carefull. I am glad you found the problem.
This hose was and is the gates submersible fuel hose from Turkey. I agree as I feel the clamps caused this and not the hose. I just used this setup as a patch because its more boost/e85/id2000 time when I get back. I have the fuel hose clamps you are talking about also.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:14 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Good deal!!! Now we can race!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:20 PM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Good deal!!! Now we can race!!!
Our cars can run. My ankle is pretty swollen Messed it up the other night. But Im not pussing out of the whole event not to go!. Cant wait. Where are you going to be saturday?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:22 PM
jmuck
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you got it figured out and back together. See ya this weekend.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:20 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Our cars can run. My ankle is pretty swollen Messed it up the other night. But Im not pussing out of the whole event not to go!. Cant wait. Where are you going to be saturday?
Take Aleve, ice it and lets go!!

Tomorrow? Working at the house. I have 2 cars I'm working on simultaneously. Mine and a friends. Nobody's staying out late because we have to get up so early. I'll be up by 5:45 or so and on the road by 6:15 to make sure I make the drivers meeting. I don't exactly live next door to this place. but it's darn sure better than the drive to Houston!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:01 AM
02402ramair
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Need videos!

Get notified of new replies

To RSI fuel system problem and Deatschwerks upgrade

Old 05-02-2012, 06:50 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----

Glad it got back together - any results on the run? or Did I miss it?

Question:
The one line in the picture that did not need to be repaired - It still looks kinked -

Were you able to fix that one too? because the other one looks a lot straighter now with no kinks, or rips!

Thanks,Matt
Old 05-03-2012, 04:55 AM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Yea Matt. We replaced both of them. Im going to return the DW pumps and decide what Im going to do. Want at least 1050 to 1100 RWHP for next race. But Im not going to pulley down the blower too much. Im still at a 3.250 and going down to a 3.0 and a 50 shot. Or Im going to sell all my blower setup and just do the TTIX and get it over with. Right now all I know is Im doing a ZR1 tranny,Diff and RPS BC3 clutch. The rest is all up in the air untill I make up my mind.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:40 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Yea Matt. We replaced both of them. Im going to return the DW pumps and decide what Im going to do. Want at least 1050 to 1100 RWHP for next race. But Im not going to pulley down the blower too much. Im still at a 3.250 and going down to a 3.0 and a 50 shot. Or Im going to sell all my blower setup and just do the TTIX and get it over with. Right now all I know is Im doing a ZR1 tranny,Diff and RPS BC3 clutch. The rest is all up in the air untill I make up my mind.
Right on that one had me worried too when I seen it -

Looking forward to your results Keep us posted!

Thanks,Matt

Quick Reply: RSI fuel system problem and Deatschwerks upgrade