C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOST MY MIND...... pick your poison!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 05:11 PM
02*C5
Race Director

Received 106 Likes on 39 Posts

man i've been following this build on youtube. congrats
Old 07-23-2012, 06:01 PM
vettandtyphoon1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02*C5
man i've been following this build on youtube. congrats
Crazy you put good axles in car and they still have issues. Car should make alooot more power with a 418 and 17 psi with meth. **** my red car on the 408 at 16 lbs of boost made more

I think the scorch mobile has alooooot of potential
Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Nice! Looking forward to the Video!

I love the Torque!

Thanks,Matt
Old 07-23-2012, 10:51 PM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the car will work on the track where it matters.. there's a lot going on behind the scenes i wont state because i may get banned.. but i would say i am very disappointed with a certain individual's character/conduct per what i am hearing from the customer...

regardless here's the new toy... mods already applied and more in progress haha!

Old 07-24-2012, 07:23 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by dascorcha21
the car will work on the track where it matters.. there's a lot going on behind the scenes i wont state because i may get banned.. but i would say i am very disappointed with a certain individual's character/conduct per what i am hearing from the customer...

regardless here's the new toy... mods already applied and more in progress haha!

Wow, i think you made out on this one. Was he drunk when you guys made the deal.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:40 AM
vettandtyphoon1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by helga203
Wow, i think you made out on this one. Was he drunk when you guys made the deal.
Corvette is a whole different world in comfort ride. Especially being 6'2 260. There was a fair amount of cash on the table as well.

Ps. Corvette guy at heart. I now have 3 :-)
Old 07-24-2012, 08:56 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Originally Posted by vettandtyphoon1
Corvette is a whole different world in comfort ride. Especially being 6'2 260. There was a fair amount of cash on the table as well.

Ps. Corvette guy at heart. I now have 3 :-)
Your differently right about comfort just messing i'll take corvette over viper any day. My buddy did the same thing was all excided about getting and viper sold his vett i took a ride in it and told him you can have it no thanks to me it was more for road racing then streets like the vett you get best of both worlds.
P.S i thought it was in even trade.

Last edited by helga203; 07-24-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 AM
brandon@straightline
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You like what you like I suppose. I'm a way bigger fan of a nice clean Viper than a cut up c5 that leaks fluid all over our dyno and needs a paint job. I hear it does move decent though.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:17 AM
vettandtyphoon1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by brandon@straightline
You like what you like I suppose. I'm a way bigger fan of a nice clean Viper than a cut up c5 that leaks fluid all over our dyno and needs a paint job. I hear it does move decent though.
He told me before hand it wasn't a show car. That could be buffed out, little disappointed there but car does run great. I knew of axle seal leaking as he showed me links of it being a common problem. But I didn't know axles may need be changed cause that would suck

Viper was not perfect either. Had front bumper damage on bottom. Curb rashed wheel.

Either way deals done! I got some mulah to finish red and got another toy to put on 80mph burnouts!!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:17 AM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lmao like i have all ready stated above... even the fact the guy shows dissatisfaction in your build lol but like i stated earlier im not going to start an e fight with a sponsor so i can get banned. whats done is done. and whats most important is that both parties are happy /end.

by the way here is the vid vettandtyphoon1
Old 07-24-2012, 01:04 PM
02*C5
Race Director

Received 106 Likes on 39 Posts

lmao like i have all ready stated above... even the fact the guy shows dissatisfaction in your build lol but like i stated earlier im not going to start an e fight with a sponsor so i can get banned. whats done is done. and whats most important is that both parties are happy /end.
What many have to remember is this. Sponsors are not here to make friends, they are here to make money. Sponsors will rarely ever give credit where is due and always have ideas of how this was wrong and how they could make it better if money is going to be made. Not two sponsors will agree on a build if there is money on the line. Truly FAST cars are never perfect by any means. Once you go over that 600 rwhp mark things start happening and everyone knows this. What I like about doing my own work is this. If something fails I take the blame, i don't get an hour long spiel on what I did wrong and how I need to come out of pocket even more money to fix something the mechanic or shop should have known, but now they are completely irrelevant to the fact that they are at fault. That's how many of these speed shops got started to begin with. Tell me am lying.

I learned that lesson early on in my life on owning and modding cars. Good luck and keep the vids coming.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:44 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Nice cars for both of you from the pic,s. Some great # on the vette for sure here. Robert
Old 07-24-2012, 02:02 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

So did it make 1000/1260tq ? I must have missed the screen shot?

I followed your build closely and was waiting for the results..

I will say you did very well on the Viper trade...That Viper is gorgeous!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Zeus-of-Boost
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me likey the viper too ��
Old 07-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Nick@Straightline
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Herman or (vettetyphoon) is first and foremost a friend before a customer to me. Hell we drove all the way to Savanna Georgia just to look at a turbo kit he was going to possibly buy. Went all that way and came back empty handed, nice road trip I guess. Bottom line is that everyone on here has their best friend or good friend and would give their opinion to them. Sometimes people want to hear it and sometimes they don't.

I have no major problem with the car he got in trade and he is happy with the deal. The car rips on the street. Got in it in 2nd did a 150ft burnout and pulled 3rd!! The car has potential for sure. Just as a friend I was trying to look out for Herman not bash or discredit what someone built. I told Herman to have it brought up and thrown on the dyno just to see how it ran and do it for for free cause he is a friend. Lot safer than "lets go on the highway and rip it to 160mph" Little easier to get some data instead of it blowing the tires of on the street 1st and 2nd. Everyone knows numbers will be low with a turbo 400 trans. Didn't care about that just wanted a controlled enviroment.

In the end the car was built good and has potential to be a monster. Never intended to bash anyones build!! Just looking out for a good friend and tell him what needs to be looked at. Both cars how their own individual wow factor and are cool in there own way.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:14 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Is anybody going to confirm what hp/tq it has?????
Old 07-24-2012, 06:42 PM
vettandtyphoon1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by helga203
Is anybody going to confirm what hp/tq it has?????

This was best reading i got a pic of. The car smoked the tires everytime then spiked the graph
The car is no slouch thats for sure lol
Few little things to button up and everyone better look out

Get notified of new replies

To LOST MY MIND...... pick your poison!!

Old 07-24-2012, 07:47 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Post the graph. You can't really count spikes.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:53 PM
vettandtyphoon1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DSteck
Post the graph. You can't really count spikes.
Nick from Straightline has all that. I just snapped pics with phone
Old 07-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Nick@Straightline
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

36hp and 127 lbs of tq.......wait that was herman running on the dyno hahaha j/k i'll get the graph!!

Quick Reply: LOST MY MIND...... pick your poison!!