C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifting issue... clues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 04:31 PM
HvyHitr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shifting issue... clues?

Ok I just finished my auto swap and the car seemed great. At first I though it felt a bit funny taking off and maybe it was just me having not driven a car with a big stall in it for awhile (3600). Then I realized it was starting off in second gear. Now you can put the shifter in first gear and it will leave in first and all the gears are there. But if its in any other gear it leaves in second.

Checked the pin out of the pcm, checked the shifter cable.

Its real hard to tell but its does feel like once in a while it goes from first to second almost the instant you move. Like its shifting to fast from first.

Any ideas?

Last edited by HvyHitr; 08-05-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:18 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by HvyHitr
Ok I just finished my auto swap and the car seemed great. At first I though it felt a bit funny taking off and maybe it was just me having not driven a car with a big stall in it for awhile (3600). Then I realized it was starting off in second gear. Now you can put the shifter in first gear and it will leave in first and all the gears are there. But if its in any other gear it leaves in second.

Checked the pin out of the pcm, checked the shifter cable.

Its real hard to tell but its does feel like once in a while it goes from first to second almost the instant you move. Like its shifting to fast from first.

Any ideas?

Got HPtuners?
Email me your tune and I'll help if I can.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:49 PM
02402ramair
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Who tuned the car for the auto swap. hook up some tuning software and command 1st, 2nd, and so on to find out if the ECM can command each shift. If it does then it's more than likely in the tune. If it can't then it's more than likely in the wiring. Make sure you have the ground wire for the Trans grounded.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:02 PM
HvyHitr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im pretty sure its in the tune. Im going to put it one the shop computer tomorow and check the solenoids. ECS changed it to auto for my and keep my orignal tune. Doug said it would need to be tweaked after install. Just figured it may need some fuel changes but I guess it may need some shift tweaks too.

Bret do you do anything with EFIlive?

Dale

Last edited by HvyHitr; 08-05-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:34 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by HvyHitr
Im pretty sure its in the tune. Im going to put it one the shop computer tomorow and check the solenoids. ECS changed it to auto for my and keep my orignal tune. Doug said it would need to be tweaked after install. Just figured it may need some fuel changes but I guess it may need some shift tweaks too.

Bret do you do anything with EFIlive?

Dale
I'm not set up for working with EFI live. If Doug tuned it, he'll figure it out for sure.

Get notified of new replies

To Shifting issue... clues?

Quick Reply: Shifting issue... clues?