C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What / Which A&A system is this ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisRTA
That can be achieved with a S-Trim.

Stock bottom end?
Yes stock bottom end.

Originally Posted by F-2
Your addiction is already surfacing and the unit is not even installed yet.:lo l:
No addiction yet. just my goal for starters.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
The S-trim can do it. It can do 700rwhp even. But beyond that, you'll be upgrading.

You've already set your goals that high, you might as well get a blower you can grow into.
MY POINT EXACTLY...... which is why I mention the T-trim.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Chrisrokc
Drifting

Received 170 Likes on 58 Posts

Just remember that a built motor, fuel system, etc... can be around 10k said and done. Stock bottom ends do not like 700rwhp for long.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

no offense, but a built motor isn't going to cost me no where near that much. I'll be the one doing the building.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:10 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Just remember that a built motor, fuel system, etc... can be around 10k said and done. Stock bottom ends do not like 700rwhp for long.
Depends on who's shortblocks we're talking about here. There's been a few who have run that for years.

Chris' LS6 was bonestock short of a pair of TTiX turbos for 3 years IIRC before it let go, and it made around 713rwhp.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Chrisrokc
Drifting

Depends on who's shortblocks we're talking about here. There's been a few who have run that for years.

Chris' LS6 was bonestock short of a pair of TTiX turbos for 3 years IIRC before it let go, and it made around 713rwhp.
True! There are guys in the 800-1000 range on the stock short block. But lets be real, it is a toss up.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Chrisrokc
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sinister-one
no offense, but a built motor isn't going to cost me no where near that much. I'll be the one doing the building.
Not talking about just the motor... I am talking about motor, fuel system, better clutch, transmission, rear end, etc. Things you need/want when dealing with 800+rwhp.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:38 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

True! There are guys in the 800-1000 range on the stock short block. But lets be real, it is a toss up.
Of course, odds are you will need a transmission/clutch upgrade anyway, just by adding boost. Even 500rwhp will destroy an a4, or burn out a stock clutch. And if you drag race, 500rwhp is enough to blow out rear ends too. Oh, and plenty of people have lost their motors, even with only 500rwhp.

It's like leaving your house. You might get hit by a car or by lightning. Or you might never get hit. It's a gamble in the performance world. Period.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Chrisrokc
Drifting

Of course, odds are you will need a transmission/clutch upgrade anyway, just by adding boost. Even 500rwhp will destroy an a4, or burn out a stock clutch. And if you drag race, 500rwhp is enough to blow out rear ends too. Oh, and plenty of people have lost their motors, even with only 500rwhp.

It's like leaving your house. You might get hit by a car or by lightning. Or you might never get hit. It's a gamble in the performance world. Period.
Exactly, but the more horsepower, the greater the chance. So it is more like walking out of your house and across your city street vs. walking out of your house and across your local city freeway.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:04 PM
TRIZ
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the long time tuners on this forum blew my engine on the dyno and didn't even reach 500 whp!
He told me there was no knock at all... He couldn't understand what happened... and asked for money.

I still don't understand why he desensitized the knock sensors before the dyno run...
Old 08-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Not talking about just the motor... I am talking about motor, fuel system, better clutch, transmission, rear end, etc. Things you need/want when dealing with 800+rwhp.
All that will come as needed. Not in one lump sum. And I'll be doing most of my own installs. A good friend has a machine shop for all the block and head work, I do all the assembly.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Chrisrokc
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sinister-one
All that will come as needed. Not in one lump sum. And I'll be doing most of my own installs. A good friend has a machine shop for all the block and head work, I do all the assembly.
That is definitly a good way to save some cash.

Hopefully I will have the time to do all my own assembly and install when the time comes. Have all the tools.... but no time!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

That is definitly a good way to save some cash.

Hopefully I will have the time to do all my own assembly and install when the time comes. Have all the tools.... but no time!
I feel your pain brother !

Quick Reply: What / Which A&A system is this ?