C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need to cut the firewall for NOS line?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 10:47 AM
MOOVOVR
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need to cut the firewall for NOS line?

I know this topic has been discussed but I can not fine the thread. I am doing my own install of a NX GEN-X system, things are looking good but I would like to know the route for running the line from the bottle to the engine bay. Thanks for your help.

PS- I want to run the line inside the car, not underneath the car.
Old 06-01-2002, 02:57 PM
jetskifast
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Do I need to cut the firewall for NOS line? (MOOVOVR)

Remove battery. You will see large wiring harness going through firewall. You can run lines along side of wiring harness rubber grommet. Will be a tight fit.
Firewall is thin fiberglass. You can also drill two small holes in same location. One for N20 line, other for electrical connections. Knowbody would ever see the holes. You could also fill holes in, when N20 is removed :cheers:
From rear center compartment. Run N20 line under carpet towards passenger side. Run line under bottom passenger door, carpet molding. Run line under plastic side molding until you reach firewall.

[Modified by jetskifast, 11:04 AM 6/1/2002]
Old 06-02-2002, 05:13 AM
numtin
Instructor

Default Re: Do I need to cut the firewall for NOS line? (jetskifast)

the trick is finding it the first time, once you get the n20 line through it , running the wires are easy since you have something to follow. it also helps to have an extra set of hands to grab the wire as its poked through
Old 06-03-2002, 01:07 AM
Loud Mouth
Instructor

Default Re: Do I need to cut the firewall for NOS line? (MOOVOVR)

Moovovr, use the factory boot It is easy after you get the N20 line in to run all of the wires. I used electrical tape on a wire coat hanger, add a splash of dish soap on the end to fish from the inside to the battery area. I had trouble until the dish soap was used then it slipped in easy. Tape the N20 line on and pull back into the car. I would not drill at all, you may find a smart Vette guy when you sell some day!! Be sure to remove all of the plastic trim around the door sill, this makes the job easy. On the floor of the car you can run the line with the factory wires, this is also the time to run the 4 wires for all of the goodies in the back.
Hope this helps,
Loud Mouth :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Do I need to cut the firewall for NOS line?

Quick Reply: Do I need to cut the firewall for NOS line?