C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS purge

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 04:37 AM
newberd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NOS purge

Nearing completion of my install and I need some suggestions on placement of the purge tube. Any ideas would appreciated. Also, do I need to make sure NOS doesn't get on the car or does it go to a gas state too quick for this to be a problem? The end of the purge tube is completely open, do I need to crimp it some to restict the NOS and help it turn into a gas state? Thanks for any ideas. :confused:
Old 06-18-2002, 05:17 PM
bwhitmore
Pro

Default Re: NOS purge (newberd)

My purge solinoid resides beneath my rail cover. I ran a #4 braided line to the cowl, where I drilled a small hole and mounted a bulkhead "tee" fitting and two caps to run 3/16" rigid tube. I bent that tube to follow my hood to either side and then up in the direction of the window. I can shoot two 12' plumes of nitrous out these tubes to either side of my hood at the cowl, it is pretty impressive, especially when it is real humid out at night. You don't need to crimpo the end at all. The open end will do just fine. I will get you some pics of the install. For now I only have pics of the power ring.

Brian

Old 06-24-2002, 11:48 AM
newberd
Racer

Default Re: NOS purge (bwhitmore)

That's just the idea I was kicking around, too. Get some pics when you can. I used that bracket idea for mounting the noids, also. Thanks for the help!!! :smash:
Old 06-24-2002, 01:15 PM
RDRH8R
Instructor

Default Re: NOS purge (newberd)

I would like to see pics too :D :D

Get notified of new replies

To NOS purge

Quick Reply: NOS purge