C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BlownBlue version 4.0 --another motor for my baby

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 07:37 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
You actually believe that?!? Read his other T/B thread and get back to me on that one.
man what the hell is paul drinking hahaha he must have a vacuum leak
Old 04-08-2015, 07:46 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

doug @ ecs is the man. I hate people who start drama for no reason.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:53 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by blown81bu
no your NOT

didn't u talk trash about brett to my face that his trash blows up and is junk?

o ya that came up cause I told u brett was nice enough to sell me a killer alternator
for the record Bret is no dummy, he knows what get's said "behind closed doors"

It's almost as if you expect bret to get upset with it or like you expect me to get upset when you said Doug called me an Idiot or a big effing piece of $hit....

guess what dude? I already knew...

if only you knew what doug and I have said to each other off line, you would probably understand that, him calling me an idiot is a complement to what he's actually said to my face.

the difference between Doug and most of us vs you is that we are not naive enough to believe that it would be the first time something like that has been said about one member to another. don't you have some aluminum to polish?

SMH!!

i heard you and doug just made up... something about a wedding???

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 04-08-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:03 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by a/c man
man what the hell is paul drinking hahaha he must have a vacuum leak
I think he has put all his medicine money into his tune & goes a little when he goes off of his med,'s.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:05 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
for the record Bret is no dummy, he knows what get's said "behind closed doors"

It's almost as if you expect bret to get upset with it or like you expect me to get upset when you said Doug called me an Idiot or a big effing piece of $hit....

guess what dude? I already knew...

if only you knew what doug and I have said to each other off line, you would probably understand that, him calling me an idiot is a complement to what he's actually said to my face.

the difference between Doug and most of us vs you is that we are not naive enough to believe that it would be the first time something like that has been said about one member to another. don't you have some aluminum to polish?

SMH!!

i heard you and doug just made up... something about a wedding???
Old 04-08-2015, 10:01 PM
StuntHeavy
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn, sorry to hear this again! Can't catch a break.

Let me know if I can do anything to help!
Old 04-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector12
Well the REALLY good news Brett is now you have until May 15-17th to finish it since they postponed the event due to the major rain forecast for this weekend. Really sorry to hear that bro! On the ring bro. that could have happened to anybody that doesn't build motors every day of there life etc... And I'm no exception, I still have to make a phone call at times if things don't seem right. GL! You got it this time!!!

This is why when it comes to motors. I believe that money is well spent letting actual engine builders handle that kinda stuff.

Goodluck to you on the rebuild, of the rebuild, of the rebuild?

I like a few others have said would have just parted the car out or burned it to the ground.

But I'm superstitious and believe that some cars are just bad luck..
Old 04-09-2015, 12:06 AM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackonblacksls
This is why when it comes to motors. I believe that money is well spent letting actual engine builders handle that kinda stuff.

I like a few others have said would have just parted the car out or burned it to the ground.

Dude I'm a engine builder we trust the supplier sent the right parts **** happens to the best builders Been there like Bret **** happens Bret knows more than most these kids now days that say there engine builders I have seen there junk unbalanced builds first hand so be careful what you say here. It's out of your league trust me......
Old 04-09-2015, 12:33 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Originally Posted by a/c man
Dude I'm a engine builder we trust the supplier sent the right parts **** happens to the best builders Been there like Bret **** happens Bret knows more than most these kids now days that say there engine builders I have seen there junk unbalanced builds first hand so be careful what you say here. It's out of your league trust me......

Where do you build engines?

I'll be sure to never take you anything or reccomend anyone to you. If you feel like you couldn't recognize the wrong size rings when assembling a motor??

My engine builder had never done me wrong as far as assembling motors goes.

Which is more than I can say for myself..

But they also aren't kids..

What league are you taking about exactly?

And why exactly should I be careful?

I can't tell what the actual threat is? And not sure if I should be worried or not?

Or was it just stupid pointless Internet banter?
Old 04-09-2015, 12:43 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Where do you build engines?

I'll be sure to never take you anything or reccomend anyone to you. If you feel like you couldn't recognize the wrong size rings when assembling a motor??

My engine builder had never done me wrong as far as assembling motors goes.

Which is more than I can say for myself..

But they also aren't kids..

What league are you taking about exactly?

And why exactly should I be careful?

I can't tell what the actual threat is? And not sure if I should be worried or not?

Or was it just stupid pointless Internet banter?

I don't think scott is threatening anyone...

On that note, the missed rings was a honest mistake... it's being taken care of... things happen.. it should also be pointed out that the rings that were the wrong rings were a set that bret installed at home. it's his mistake, (and it happens from time to time) he just didn't catch it..

also, scott does build engines and is a former machinist and he does a good job.

the engine shop that built the OP's engine is H squared Racing Engine's they're one of the best in the nation and I wan't to point out that at no time has bret even come close to blaming them for anything. they're taking care of him and doing him a solid...

what scott is saying is that bret is very good at what he does and he missed something... it happens. bret has been going non stop and something slipped by him and he paid the price...

on that note, I've never met a machinist, engine builder, car builder, tuner and so on who hasn't made honest mistakes....
Old 04-09-2015, 02:02 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
I don't think scott is threatening anyone...

On that note, the missed rings was a honest mistake... it's being taken care of... things happen.. it should also be pointed out that the rings that were the wrong rings were a set that bret installed at home. it's his mistake, (and it happens from time to time) he just didn't catch it..

also, scott does build engines and is a former machinist and he does a good job.

the engine shop that built the OP's engine is H squared Racing Engine's they're one of the best in the nation and I wan't to point out that at no time has bret even come close to blaming them for anything. they're taking care of him and doing him a solid...

what scott is saying is that bret is very good at what he does and he missed something... it happens. bret has been going non stop and something slipped by him and he paid the price...

on that note, I've never met a machinist, engine builder, car builder, tuner and so on who hasn't made honest mistakes....

Most of the things you said are pretty obvious to me and most guys that have been doing this crap for a while.

I have been there too.

Im not exactly sure what I said to hurt the other guys feelings?

Maybe he is just sensitive?

Or maybe just really protective of the OP?
Old 04-09-2015, 10:00 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

I know so many people that make mistakes on their builds and don't say a word. I know plenty of car owners that have big-name shops do their builds and have epic failures. I've personally seen ridiculous, careless mistakes come out of the biggest, most highly respected engine shops in the country. The only difference is that I'm posting my mistake up so maybe someone can learn from it or let it serve as a reminder to those that are already in the know. I knew you can't have the wrong radial thickness on a ring. My mistake was taking for granted that I got what I asked for and it was a careless mistake and I paid dearly for it. It's one of those mistakes that will never happen again on my watch, at least not until my Alzheimers kicks in. Nobody is going to catch 100% of the stuff, 100% of the time. It's the sad truth.

As for the other failures, those were defects in workmanship from large, trusted manufacturers that admitted to my face that it was and compensated me for it. The RHS block failure isn't an isolated incident and that's readily apparent if you go see my thread on Yellow Bullet and I've seen 3 other LSX blocks fail in the exact same spot mine did.

If someone else burned the car to the ground without my consent or knowledge, they would be quickly forgiven, but it's not something I can bring myself to do. I'll just keep plugging away.

I am now home with the engine. Got home at 2:am and I'm at my regular job this morning.
Each and every part was carefully inspected, detail-cleaned, checked and double checked and then installed. I'm not a professional engine builder, but I'm blessed enough to have a good friend that is and he allowed me in his shop to get this thing back together right.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
I know so many people that make mistakes on their builds and don't say a word. I know plenty of car owners that have big-name shops do their builds and have epic failures. I've personally seen ridiculous, careless mistakes come out of the biggest, most highly respected engine shops in the country. The only difference is that I'm posting my mistake up so maybe someone can learn from it or let it serve as a reminder to those that are already in the know. I knew you can't have the wrong radial thickness on a ring. My mistake was taking for granted that I got what I asked for and it was a careless mistake and I paid dearly for it. It's one of those mistakes that will never happen again on my watch, at least not until my Alzheimers kicks in. Nobody is going to catch 100% of the stuff, 100% of the time. It's the sad truth.

As for the other failures, those were defects in workmanship from large, trusted manufacturers that admitted to my face that it was and compensated me for it. The RHS block failure isn't an isolated incident and that's readily apparent if you go see my thread on Yellow Bullet and I've seen 3 other LSX blocks fail in the exact same spot mine did.

If someone else burned the car to the ground without my consent or knowledge, they would be quickly forgiven, but it's not something I can bring myself to do. I'll just keep plugging away.

I am now home with the engine. Got home at 2:am and I'm at my regular job this morning.
Each and every part was carefully inspected, detail-cleaned, checked and double checked and then installed. I'm not a professional engine builder, but I'm blessed enough to have a good friend that is and he allowed me in his shop to get this thing back together right.

Goodluck with it!

I hope and pray it goes exactly how you expect it to this time!

You definitely deserve for everything to go right this go around..
Old 04-09-2015, 11:05 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Glad you got it back together Bret!
Old 04-09-2015, 07:08 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Good luck finishing it up
Old 04-09-2015, 08:11 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

piece of cake
Old 04-09-2015, 08:40 PM
joe11204
Procharged F1X 7.18 @ 197
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06

Good luck with it Bret. I know your pain. I've been ****ed by 2 engine shops pretty good, but in the end I got my combo finally working as I know you will also.

Once your car is finally running these issues will be something to talk and laugh about amongst friends.

Get notified of new replies

To BlownBlue version 4.0 --another motor for my baby

Old 04-09-2015, 08:44 PM
TheCartel
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This time is it!
Old 04-10-2015, 08:19 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Sorry to hear that Bret, it's such a defeating feeling when something like that happens. Way to persevere.
Originally Posted by blown81bu
no your NOT

didn't u talk trash about brett to my face that his trash blows up and is junk?

o ya that came up cause I told u Bret was nice enough to sell me a killer alternator
Maybe I deserved it at some point or another.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:08 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Bret you may well be the only person I know with worse luck than me. Kudos to your persistence.

Quick Reply: BlownBlue version 4.0 --another motor for my baby