C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive shaft couplers - stock, poly or ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

FYI, I recently tried to buy a Protahne Six-Shooter coupler to inspect it and see if I wanted to use it instead to the DSS poly coupler and was informed by the vendor that they have stopped selling the Six-Shooter while the manufacturer redesigns it before resuming production. Apparently, they recognize there is an issue with the current design.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:40 AM
mcshocks
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just replaced mine with billet out back and DSS poly out front, glad I did as my couplers were toast, I woulda been surprised if it could have taken one more hard launch. Zero vibrations.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:12 AM
daws222000
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Patches
FYI, I recently tried to buy a Protahne Six-Shooter coupler to inspect it and see if I wanted to use it instead to the DSS poly coupler and was informed by the vendor that they have stopped selling the Six-Shooter while the manufacturer redesigns it before resuming production. Apparently, they recognize there is an issue with the current design.
Man I hope my six shooters hold up. I don't want to pull the drive train again. There were mixed emotions about them when I bought them, but there were the only ones who had them in stock. Pulling them off the market is not a good sign for me lol.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:39 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Im upgrading my factory 6061 driveshaft w rpm 10 mm couplers...I have auto and 8 sec potential...should b jus fine
Old 02-08-2019, 09:00 PM
JetBlack_Z06
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcshocks
Just replaced mine with billet out back and DSS poly out front, glad I did as my couplers were toast, I woulda been surprised if it could have taken one more hard launch. Zero vibrations.
How did you like that setup? I have two aluminums in and it starts to vibrate after 10mins of driving. I'm assuming it expands causing vibrations. I plan on doing dss up front amd leave the back aluminum.

Quick Reply: Drive shaft couplers - stock, poly or ?