C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone done any REAL exhaust testing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 09:43 PM
jmuck
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Changes won't be power related...

To do items:
Fix AC leak
Jet Hot coat the headers Sterling Silver
Clean and detail front cradle
Send ABS module off for repair
New plugs, oil change, blower oil change, new belt
Custom stereo system

Car is already moved to my dads shop for me to start the tear down in a few weeks.

Eventually I will get it on the dyno to see if the cutouts help or hurt. I doubt its anything that will show up on the time slip but maybe enough to show up on the dyno... we'll see.

After driving it today, it is cool to close the cut outs and it be completely quiet.... Like JMuck said, it sounds the best with the cutouts just slightly slightly cracked open..... The adjustability of sound/noise is pretty cool though....
Dude, fix the abs module yo'self! Its easy.

Hi-jack. What kind of stereo you throwing at it?
Old 06-10-2014, 10:58 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by jmuck
Dude, fix the abs module yo'self! Its easy.
Hi-jack. What kind of stereo you throwing at it?
Head unit will be an Alpine INE-Z928HD like this one here, using the DD mods bezel

Focal 6.5" components in the doors, Boston SL60 components in the rear.. and 2 small Alpine stackable PDX amps... Lastly one Image Dynamics 10" sub in a custom box in the left side trunk pocket.--Basically a bunch of stuff I have left over from my last truck...other then the head unit. Not trying to win audio contests, just some decent sound and not add TOO much weight.. Plus a head unit with GPS/XM and stuff for road trips....(because I actually drive my car...LOL)

On the ABS module, I'm not sure whats wrong with it... Sometimes my TC/ABS works, sometimes it doesn't... It always throws the 1214 code like its a bad relay....then it starts working all of the sudden...so who knows.. I'm gonna send it to ABS Fixer and let them figure it out.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:27 PM
jmuck
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your module is doing exactly what mine was doing. I soldered the typical places and its been good since.

Will be a nice set up stereo wise. I used a Pioneer 8510BT with a bezel that my electronics guys built. I used Hybrid Imagine compents in the doors and their Mirus coaxil's in the rear. I also used to Hybrid 8's and powered it all with a JL XD7005. Its nice having a stereo I can actually hear over the exhaust, plus the navigation and blue tooth is nice.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:36 PM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Head unit will be an Alpine INE-Z928HD like this one here, using the DD mods bezel

Focal 6.5" components in the doors, Boston SL60 components in the rear.. and 2 small Alpine stackable PDX amps... Lastly one Image Dynamics 10" sub in a custom box in the left side trunk pocket.--Basically a bunch of stuff I have left over from my last truck...other then the head unit. Not trying to win audio contests, just some decent sound and not add TOO much weight.. Plus a head unit with GPS/XM and stuff for road trips....(because I actually drive my car...LOL)

On the ABS module, I'm not sure whats wrong with it... Sometimes my TC/ABS works, sometimes it doesn't... It always throws the 1214 code like its a bad relay....then it starts working all of the sudden...so who knows.. I'm gonna send it to ABS Fixer and let them figure it out.
Any updates on power gains to this? Although I am N/A, i am interested in this.

Quick Reply: Anyone done any REAL exhaust testing?