C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BTR nitrous cam

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Tar Heel
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Default BTR nitrous cam

Picked up some spare nitrous bottles, a NANO bottle and LS7 lifters from another forum member here in the great state of Texas and he was switching cams so I grabbed that as well as the price was right. It's a BTR 238/258 .586/.596 113+4 nitrous cam. We are moving from a bolt-on C5 LS1 to a H/C/I set-up and will most likely go with a stock bottom end (maybe add nice rods and pistons with good bolts) and BTR TFS 220 heads and a 102 intake. We are currently spraying 100 (made 130 to the wheels with the NANO) but may step up to 200 especially in we strengthen the bottom end.

What do you think about this cam? We don't drive the car on the street and currently it goes mid 11s NA on the stock LS1 @ 115 with 1.50 60' times with a Yank SS4000, 3.90 gears and 27" drag radials. Race weight is under 3200. How will it run NA as I'm sure it will like the nitrous? What do you think it will RPM to? I contacted BTR via email and with a phone call and they said it would work fine but didn't offer much more information (I know how busy they are and I was buying a cam from someone else and not them).

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Scott

Quick Reply: BTR nitrous cam