C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam and heads for twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 12:03 AM
casey007
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam and heads for twin turbo

Hello

I have an 01 vert, stock except for twin rear turbos, 3:42 rear and yank 3200 stall. I'm considering a different cam and maybe heads, what should I buy?

Assuming my current HP at crank is 550 at 8 psi of boost, what would be the approximate HP gain for a cam and then heads?

Thanks
Old 11-09-2014, 05:30 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

I really like the ported LSA heads they have a thick deck and good flow and are very affordable

what cam do you have now?

good conv and you want to match the cam with the conv and the intended RPM range of engine

work with a good vendor to match with your needs and tell him how you will be driving and using the car

cool car
Old 11-09-2014, 11:20 AM
casey007
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
I really like the ported LSA heads they have a thick deck and good flow and are very affordable

what cam do you have now?

good conv and you want to match the cam with the conv and the intended RPM range of engine

work with a good vendor to match with your needs and tell him how you will be driving and using the car

cool car
The cam is stock and I use it for the street only. Being an automatic I'd like a bit more torque out of the hole.

Get notified of new replies

To Cam and heads for twin turbo

Quick Reply: Cam and heads for twin turbo