C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS Install on C5

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:30 AM
Jspann602
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECS Install on C5

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and a new Vette owner. Been a Camaro guy for 15 years but finally made the move up. Just picked up my 2000 C5 2 months ago and thought I would be happy with stock power and you can see how long that lasted. I just ordered a ECS 1500 Supercharger, 1 7/8 headers, 3" no cats X pipe and AIS Stage 1 Methanol/Water Injection. Install will be done at Cordes Performance here in AZ and will be tuned by Nick D. As I have full trust in my shop and tuner from their great reputation, I would like to get some advise from others as well...

First question is what PSI do you recommend activating the Meth/Water injection. I plan on running a 50/50 mix...which lead to the next questions.. how much boost to run? This is not a daily driver but I do drive it a couple days a week and plan to do some half mile racing and track days but not a drag guy so will not hit the strip. At first I was just going to rip the restrictor plate off the ECS kit and just run the about 14 PSI with the meth and see how long it last. From my research, it does not look like the piston ring or ring lands will last this long, so my gaol now is to keep it around 10 PSI with the Meth/Water. Is this a good idea? My goal is about 600 RWHP. What do you think I will get with this setup @ 10 PSI? Any suggestions on this and other mods would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty spent on this transaction for this install and tune, but I know I will be saving up money for the next job so open to suggestions. Let me know what you guys think and thanks for having me!
Old 02-18-2015, 01:48 AM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

welcome here brother! 10 psi on a ecs kit your good and it will make some jam! later on when you get bored and boost crank it up! replace parts as needed .
Old 02-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

I'll go over this in person but I do not in any way recommend doing a 50/50 mix on the meth. Water has a much higher flash point and your intake air temps will get no where near that, you will run the risk of having water pool in the intake. 100% meth is the way to go! Posting this mainly for others reading the thread to see this information thank you also for letting us be the shop to do the install sir, and thank you for the order!
Old 02-18-2015, 09:16 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
I'll go over this in person but I do not in any way recommend doing a 50/50 mix on the meth. Water has a much higher flash point and your intake air temps will get no where near that, you will run the risk of having water pool in the intake. 100% meth is the way to go! Posting this mainly for others reading the thread to see this information thank you also for letting us be the shop to do the install sir, and thank you for the order!

You're in good hands with Joe and Nick, congrats on the C5 purchase.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:09 AM
Jspann602
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, you all rock and have been so damn helpful. I feel bad always calling you Joe and asking you questions so I thought I would do a little exploring on my own. I know so much in the bike world but feel lost in the car world and you have helped a lot. I will definitely use 100% meth if that's what you recommend. I just worry about hear here in AZ when it's 120 out and I am driving the shitt out of the car I thought the water would keep it cool but I trust you all the way. I am calling you with my CC today. Thanks guys! Any more input is always good.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:58 PM
fsuforever
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

U can run it without meth & u will be just fine , adding meth is a safety net for me, when I added www.alkycontrol.com it was to use it to get more timing , some try to gain more hp , I didnt

Get notified of new replies

To ECS Install on C5

Quick Reply: ECS Install on C5