C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

maggie belt slipping please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 12:17 AM
justbrad
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maggie belt slipping please help

first off thanks to the people who have answered questions and helped so far.I have a 2002 ls1 with maggie 112,I started having belt slipping problems a few months ago too it to shop the changed belt to 104 green belt still had problems.so i have the ecs tensioner kit I found part online insted and picked it up from napa machined the nipple off liike the old one and put belt on belt broke after a couple blocks on boost bent the tensioner towards the front of car does amyone know the correctnbelt length i would like to fix it asap or should i try ecs on monday
Old 11-21-2015, 10:52 AM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi mate

The belt that was included with my mp112 kit is

Gates micro-v at
K061045
6PK2652
Size is 13/16" x 105" oc
Which is 20mm x 2666mm oc
6 rib

That should be the correct length IF YOU HAVE STOCK PULLEYS ?

Not sure why your tensioner has bent forward , was that belt to tight .

Did you get the large bracket and stand off spacer tubes with your ecs tensioner ? Check tightness of tensioner mounting bolts .

I would recheck pulley alignment before you put new belt on .

Maybe check tensioner is in the middle of its travel range when you do install it .

Old 11-21-2015, 03:20 PM
justbrad
Advanced

i have 8 rib i have the spacers and bracket from ecs bot from what i understand its the old design where is belt part number from
Old 11-22-2015, 09:46 AM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ah , so all your pulleys are non stock .

That belt p/ number is what came in the box from magnuson 6 rib and is 105" in length.

So yeah you need an 8 rib not sure on length now

What pulleys and damper do you have , do you have the smaller under drive crank balancer/ damper ?

I got an 8 rib kit from innovators west , the offset on the alternator pulley was different to my stock one , which when bolted up lost me one rib right there , which seems to be the culprit why I tossed the belt so maybe have a good look at all your pulleys .

Be interested what your tensioner looks like if you can post a pic .

Old 11-22-2015, 02:57 PM
justbrad
Advanced

i dont know how to post pics but its a ford tensioner im calling ecs in the morning i got some great info from bob kasper he was a ton of help to me

Get notified of new replies

To maggie belt slipping please help

Quick Reply: maggie belt slipping please help