C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LNC2000 clutch switch wiring

Old 06-01-2016, 08:14 AM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Default LNC2000 clutch switch wiring

I have my LNC installed, and from what I can tell, the timing retard seems to be functioning fine. However I can't get the two step to work at all, or rather, when I wire it according to the instructions, I can't get the car to start.

The wire colors in the instructions are for a 99 Trans Am, and the clutch switch wires on a C5 Z06 are different colors (purple and yellow, not purple and green.)

I attempted to wire the relay as follows:

Terminal 85 has a wire tapped that is running from the clutch switch and T'd into the wire running back to the LNC2000 +12V activation (the yellow wire on the unit)

I T'd into the pink wire under the knee bolster for +12V key on and have ran that to the purple wire direct to the clutch switch as per the instructions.

Terminal 86 to ground

Terminal 87 I have run to the now cut yellow wire that used to run to the yellow wire on the clutch switch

Terminal 30 I have run to the now cut purple wire that used to run to the clutch switch

I depress the clutch to start the car and nothing. I had to reconnect the clutch switch to factory and the car starts fine. I don't know why for the life of me I can't find a thread on someone installing this on a C5 Corvette that lists the proper wiring.

Can anyone help?
Old 06-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 116 Likes on 76 Posts

When I ran a 2 step wired to my clutch, I had to jump the clutch switch wires together. The result makes it start in gear, so have to be careful but I never had an issue doing that.
The following users liked this post:
NosLaser (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 10:05 PM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
When I ran a 2 step wired to my clutch, I had to jump the clutch switch wires together. The result makes it start in gear, so have to be careful but I never had an issue doing that.
This seems to be the ONLY way to make it work on a C5. You absolutely cannot make the car start wired up the way Lingenfelter has it listed.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Anthraxmm
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NosLaser
This seems to be the ONLY way to make it work on a C5. You absolutely cannot make the car start wired up the way Lingenfelter has it listed.
Hhmm mine works just fine. I'll take a picture of how mine is wired when I get home. See if there's any difference.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:06 PM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Only works for me with the above method of twisting the cut clutch wires together.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Anthraxmm
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NosLaser
Only works for me with the above method of twisting the cut clutch wires together.
Yeah idk what difference is but mine works just like stock and will still run the 2 step

Get notified of new replies

To LNC2000 clutch switch wiring

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LNC2000 clutch switch wiring