C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LPE Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 06:13 PM
LT1pwrd'94
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: LPE Supercharger (HIGHRPM)

tscales..... :cheers: :chevy
Old 09-20-2002, 08:12 PM
KerryH
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LPE Supercharger (LT1pwrd'94)

Not to flame, but all everyone keeps talking about is the dyno numbers of the turbo's and the ATI SC, well folks we don't race dyno's. Somebody earlier in the post asked for 1/4 mile numbers for both the turbo's and ATI SC and nobody seems to want to produce them. Well it's been documented that the magnasun has run 11.7's on stock motor. Not bad in my book, and that was putting out only how many hourses on the dyno. And I'm rethinking leaving my car at LPE, I've been having many problems with them and my car.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:10 PM
Devil Dog
Melting Slicks

Default Re: LPE Supercharger (Burk)

How many forum members have actually completed a LPE Maguson install? I am still considering this option, but would like some actual success stories.
Hmmmm,I don't see where this guy asked about a ATI blower.
How about keeping the topic on track and take the pissing match elsewhere.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:52 PM
Mad_Dog
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Default Re: LPE Supercharger (KerryH)

Well it's been documented that the magnasun has run 11.7's on stock motor. Not bad in my book, and that was putting out only how many hourses on the dyno. And I'm rethinking leaving my car at LPE, I've been having many problems with them and my car.
Those numbers were made in very cool in fact, if memory serves me right, in cold conditions (let see those numbers with a non-intercooled system in the summer heat). I am sure the LPE car was being driven by a professional driver -- you run the ATI in the same conditions with the same driver and I think you will see a real difference in the two systems. A roots SC like Magnason generates more heat than a system like Pro-charger (even without inter-coolers). I want to see a Magneson produce those number in the summer heat -- it is not going to happen. I also can not remember whether or not those numbers were done on street tires or slicks. No flames intended.

Lets see the two systems against each other at the track with competent tuners and drivers. The question will be answered sometime in the next year -- my money is on the ATI. :boxing
Old 09-21-2002, 01:52 AM
wave_3
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

Not to flame, but all everyone keeps talking about is the dyno numbers of the turbo's and the ATI SC, well folks we don't race dyno's. Somebody earlier in the post asked for 1/4 mile numbers for both the turbo's and ATI SC and nobody seems to want to produce them. Well it's been documented that the magnasun has run 11.7's on stock motor. Not bad in my book, and that was putting out only how many hourses on the dyno. And I'm rethinking leaving my car at LPE, I've been having many problems with them and my car.
Not too many C5's with ATI's yet, check some of the other LS1 forums, there's a few F-bodies with ATI kits running in the high 10's with a SY3500 and headers running at 10psi. Another reason you'll have trouble finding "stock" numbers is because most ATI owners are not stock they are heavily modified.
Old 09-21-2002, 09:31 AM
KerryH
Instructor

Default Re: LPE Supercharger (wave_3)

Now isn't that the reason the magnason was made. It was designed to be put on a stock motor to give the avarage guy a little something extra for a fairly good price with out having to highly modify their motor. In most cases when something like this is designed to be used with stock components they don't always preform as well when things are highly modified. Lastly, where did you hear or read that the test was done in cool or cold conditions? I will reread the article, but I thought the said it was done on stock tires also.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:47 AM
NOEXCUSES
Racer

Default Re: LPE Supercharger (Mad_Dog)

I STILL would like to see a Bone STOCK 02 Z06 with a ATI P1 SC
against a BONE STOCK 02 Z06 with a Magnusson / LPE SC. Forget the peak Dyno #s as I have seen plenty of 500-600 rwhp Supras run high 11s and 12s. How about a true street test from 1. 0-60 2. 0-100 3. 0-150 4.at the Drag Strip 1/8 mi. 5. 1/4 mi. at the Drag Strip 6. best time at a Road Race Track. Then of course we can have a 3rd party record reliability issues after the tests, first one to take 4 events is the winner.
Lets quit all the key board racing and see if we can make it happen.

John Page
Twenty First Century Muscle Cars
Authorized Lingenfelter Performance Dealer
Authorized Magnusson Dealer
972-417-7177
Old 09-21-2002, 10:57 AM
tscales
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: LPE Supercharger (NOEXCUSES)

against a BONE STOCK 02 Z06 with a Magnusson / LPE SC. Forget the peak Dyno #s as I have seen plenty of 500-600 rwhp Supras run high 11s and 12s. How about a true street test from 1. 0-60 2. 0-100 3. 0-150 4.at the Drag Strip 1/8 mi. 5. 1/4 mi. at the Drag Strip 6. best time at a Road Race Track. Then of course we can have a 3rd party record reliability issues after the tests, first one to take 4 events is the winner.
I'd love to see the same thing. Dyno numbers mean nothing. My numbers, when done, will be high, but what does that mean. The Supras are the perfect example.

Tom
Old 09-21-2002, 05:20 PM
LT1pwrd'94
Drifting

John Page
Twenty First Century Muscle Cars
Authorized Lingenfelter Performance Dealer
Authorized Magnusson Dealer
972-417-7177
:yesnod: :smash: :cheers: :seeya
Old 09-21-2002, 06:37 PM
R6_C5_CLS55
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: LPE Supercharger

I live in Houston. Does anyone in Houston or the surrounding area have a Magnuson SC on a '01 or '02 LS1 Vette on an otherwise stock motor with stock tires (runflats)? I am willing to go to Baytown to get some data for comparison. I didn't want to take the car to the track in the blazing summer heat, but once it cools off, I am game. Post here or IM me.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:40 PM
Sinco
Racer

KerryH , What kind of problems are you having with LPE and your car?
Old 09-22-2002, 09:47 AM
JWz06
Advanced

John:
In the interest of science, the betterment of thread, nay, the betterment of the entire forum, I would be happy to donate my '02 BONE STOCK Z06 as the test mule for the Magnusson. I like your suggestions on the test criteria...especially the Long Term Portion. :)

JWz06.

[Modified by JWz06, 2:14 PM 9/22/2002]
Old 09-22-2002, 11:42 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Default Re: LPE Supercharger (Sinco)

KerryH , What kind of problems are you having with LPE and your car?
Yes, I and I'm sure many others, would like to know what problems you have encountered with LPE. I'm even curious why you would even say something like that without going into specifics. Not trying to bash here, just wanting to know the details.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:08 PM
KerryH
Instructor

Default Re: LPE Supercharger (MarkFLC5)

Alright problems, # 1 ordered in april was the last of the original first 25 to be made and ordered. I just recieved it August 7 after weeks and months of hearing it's just another week away. #2 finally found out the reason for the delay was, they had only done stick shift cars and were doing there first auto install that week. # 3 Inorder to send it to me they said I would either have to have them install it or I do it and bring the car to them to have it programmed. Well considering I live 5 hours away and the inconvience it was for me and that once my car was done they would have the master program for everyother 97 auto I felt they should at least pay to have it trailered there. ( oh yea, once installed you cannot start the car with out the new program) Well I took a lot of phone calls to get them to commit to paying for the trailoring, kind of gave me the attitude like " well if you want your car to run". # 4 Super Charger came missing some parts. Directions were not complete on final assembly. When I called they said oh didn't you get our corrected pages for the final assembly? No I didn't get that and you guys couldn't even check to see that I had every thing I needed to begin with. # 5 Called to see if I could use a 160 t-stat to help keep heat down. I was told yea, infact they were now shipping all the new SC's with 160 t-stats. ( too bad for anyone who already bought one I guess) #6 Called to check on car after being there for 2-1/2 weeks and was told when I got the car back I would need to have the hood fixed as there was a crack from where SC hits hood. Now before I delivered the car I call and informed them that the SC was hitting the hood and that I could see a little mark on the inside of the hood where it hit. Yes we know, we are correcting that on the new SC's going out. ( again too bad for those who already have one) But the main thing was the way I was told that I needed to get the hood fixed when I got the car back. So I called back and asked for John to talk to him about this mess and I never got to speek to him but then was told that they would help me to get it fixed. I said the I had a $1500 custom paint job on the hood that would have to be redone. To that tune I was told that John probably wouldn't pay $1500 to repaint the hood as it was only a small crack on the hood and that sounded high. I said well that was because I have 3 custom pearl colors in my ghost flames that are on the hood and not only does the entire hood need to be repainted but so does the rest of the front end to match. Well I put them in contact with my painter ( who by the way has been featured in Hot rod mag. so he's no slouch ) This was friday, I am still waiting to hear the outcome. I know many of you out there love LPE, that's why I chose to go with them, put I have found the very unprofessional in there customer service. I have 3 other friends awaiting my car before they order the LPE SC for theirs, outcome on that is getting slimmer now.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:33 PM
21STCENTURYMUSCLECAR
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Re: LPE Supercharger (JWz06)

J.W.,
You are awesome!, You can drop it off Monday morning and we can have
it ready for the test in a couple of weeks.

PS: just leave the check or cash in the console

John Page :D
Old 09-22-2002, 12:46 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Wow KERRYH, sounds like you've been through one hell of an ordeal. I've always thought that LPE's customer service was average at best but his work is 1st rate. I think the key is that you have to catch John and that can be tough. But I think if you were able to get him on the phone or better yet in person, I would think that John woulkd take care of this mess for you. Its not like LPE to ignore these kinds of problems. I truly hope you get things ironed out.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Sinco
Racer

Default Re: LPE Supercharger (MarkFLC5)

Wow KERRYH, sounds like you've been through one hell of an ordeal. I've always thought that LPE's customer service was average at best but his work is 1st rate. I think the key is that you have to catch John and that can be tough. But I think if you were able to get him on the phone or better yet in person, I would think that John woulkd take care of this mess for you. Its not like LPE to ignore these kinds of problems. I truly hope you get things ironed out.
I don't know if LPE reads the posts on the CF, but it would definatley be to their advantage to nip this in the bud and take care of KerryH. Sounds like he has been quite patient through the whole ordeal.

Get notified of new replies

To LPE Supercharger

Old 09-22-2002, 03:24 PM
HIGHRPM
Melting Slicks

Default Re: LPE Supercharger (Sinco)

KerryH....I would press LPE for the kit upgrades you didn't get....that seems fair. LPE charges more for their work so taking care of customer problems should be a priority. Several times in the past I called LPE for info on their mini tub kit with my tire/wheel combo. They said they don't give out any spec info. I never found out if the LPE tub kit would work with my tire/wheel combo...so I went to another tuner. I hear their work and service is generally very good. But my experience is what kept me from coming back. :cheers:
Old 09-22-2002, 04:19 PM
KerryH
Instructor

Default Re: LPE Supercharger (HIGHRPM)

I'm not trying to bad mouth them, though it might seem that way. I still think they are a good shop, they just need to be a little more honest and forthcoming with things. Oh yea, I forgot to mention that included in the kit was suppose to be a power programmer, that they do not even have yet ( since they do not have the programing for all the different cars ) But they are not telling you that when you buy, nor are they crediting you when they just simply program your computer when you send it to them. People get mad when told the truth, but twice as mad when lied too.
Old 09-22-2002, 06:47 PM
LT1pwrd'94
Drifting

Default Re: LPE Supercharger (JWz06)

John:
In the interest of science, the betterment of thread, nay, the betterment of the entire forum, I would be happy to donate my '02 BONE STOCK Z06 as the test mule for the Magnusson. I like your suggestions on the test criteria...especially the Long Term Portion. :)

JWz06.

[Modified by JWz06, 2:14 PM 9/22/2002]
Cant wait to see how it runs. :cheers: Good Luck :yesnod: :seeya

Quick Reply: LPE Supercharger