C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mags SC supporting mods? Fuel pump? Ignition?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 11:28 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

Default Mags SC supporting mods? Fuel pump? Ignition?

I have an 01 Z06, that has 34,000 miles, and is currently bone stock aside from a CAI. I'd like to get into the 550 whp range and I think this kit will make that a simple goal to achieve. I do have on order Kooks 1 7/8 coated headers and catless x pipe as well as a Borla cat back.

I spoke with a vendor and asked about necessary supporting mods and was told the only thing I'd need is a hood. Is that legit? I would think a fuel pump or at least a BAP would be required for fuel. Also I would anticipate ignition needs upgrading . Plugs and wires perhaps? Anything else? Crank pin kit? Gauges?

I don't want a bunch of unnecessary downtime so the more prepared I am the better. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

The Maggie should have everything you need in the kit, but yes - crank pinning and fuel system upgrades are needed. Just my opinion - but a boost cooler like a snow performance meth in injection kit is a must as well. Maggies do require a high rise hood but I've always liked cutting the hood and let it stick out, they look sick when done right.

550 is a hit or miss target, some cars get there, others don't. high 4's, low 500's is what I've seen with a Maggie.
The following users liked this post:
oneandgone (04-03-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 09:11 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

Well, I did it today. Ordered the mags kit, a fuel pump and a bap. Hood too. Already had exhaust coming. I have also looked into the snow performance parts you mentioned and am interested and curious. Seems like a lot of bang for the buck so it may very well get ordered as well. Where does one obtain meth though? The only kind I know of locally isn't going to make this thing run any better.

Last edited by oneandgone; 04-05-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:34 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by oneandgone
Well, I did it today. Ordered the mags kit, a fuel pump and a bap. Hood too. Already had exhaust coming. I have also looked into the snow performance parts you mentioned and am interested and curious. Seems like a lot of bang for the buck so it may very well get ordered as well. Where does one obtain meth though? The only kind I know of locally isn't going to make this thing run any better.
The meth will add hp , but will not help cool the air charge. It gets compressed and heats up. I used it on my tvs, and my hp went from 705 to 750. But it did not lower my IAT's significantly, so I removed it.
I made 520 hp on my stock LS6 with headers and blower only

Last edited by LedfootLarry; 04-15-2017 at 01:10 PM.
oneandgone (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 06:10 PM
Z_fox
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The alky control kit got me around 75hp according to the tuner. Just had a methanol tank fabbed and redoing the plumbing and pump, wanted the WW tank back. Got over 500/500 with my set up.
oneandgone (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 07:39 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LedfootLarry
The meth will add hp , but will not help cool the air charge. It gets compressed and heats up. I used it on my tvs, and my hp went from 705 to 750. But it did not lower my IAT's significantly, so I removed it.
I made 520 hp on my stock LS6 with headers.
You hit 520 with the mags kit and headers? Was it the new sc or the older one. I'm really not sure what all they changed...
Old 04-14-2017, 07:41 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Z_fox
The alky control kit got me around 75hp according to the tuner. Just had a methanol tank fabbed and redoing the plumbing and pump, wanted the WW tank back. Got over 500/500 with my set up.
So without it and a mags you couldn't break 5? Honestly, I'll be pretty disappointed if I'm not hitting 5 with this kit. It seems like such a low number to reach to me. Perhaps I've been spoiled in the past by Toyota...
Old 04-14-2017, 08:32 PM
Z_fox
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So without it and a mags you couldn't break 5? Honestly, I'll be pretty disappointed if I'm not hitting 5 with this kit. It seems like such a low number to reach to me. Perhaps I've been spoiled in the past by Toyota...
With just the Maggie I was at 512/519. Don't hold me to that but that's what I remember. I had some other things done along with the alky control and got close to 600 but did not get there. Went with a conservative tune and am happy with the results.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:35 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

That's pretty good and I'd be happy with those numbers. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Are you running the 112 or the 2300?
Old 04-15-2017, 01:12 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

You hit 520 with the mags kit and headers? Was it the new sc or the older one. I'm really not sure what all they changed...
It was the newer TVS2300.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:25 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

Nice. That's awesome news Larry, thanks!
Old 04-16-2017, 05:23 AM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Nice. That's awesome news Larry, thanks!
Although I can't remember what pulley combo or how much boost I had,
don't recall

Get notified of new replies

To Mags SC supporting mods? Fuel pump? Ignition?

Quick Reply: Mags SC supporting mods? Fuel pump? Ignition?