C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Meth installs - school me.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 07:49 AM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Default C5 Meth installs - school me.

Just trying to plan my meth install, I'd like to see how some others have done it. Likely going with a Snow stage 1.

My A&A kit doesn't seem to have the space between the MAF and TB to allow for the nozzle placement, so I'm assuming a slightly longer silicone hose after the TB is in order?

I'd like to see where others have mounted the tank and how you ran the nozzles, not to excited about having a fitting in the hose right before the TB, anyone make a sold metal ring with welded bungs for the nozzle(s)?

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2017, 08:23 AM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

You could break out the IAT and put it farther away from the TB, with the nozzle before it. I have an Alky Control kit so beyond that I can't help much.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:02 PM
hatewhatownsyou
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I went with devils own kit and put my nozzles in the main curved pipe coming up from the intercooler.

My tuner then told me I'd ruin my maf eventually so he removed it and put a blank pipe in with a temp sensor I believe and did speed density tune.

I'm using my windshield washer tank

Old 04-13-2017, 06:51 AM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

That's the way I'd like to go, but I still have my MAF for now, I'll talk to the tuner and see what he says.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:14 AM
StrangelovesM6Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 123 Posts

I have the Snow progressive kit and mounted the pump under the driver headlight and used the WW tank

Recirculating the BOV into the intake gets rid of the extremely annoying (to me) tshing noise between every shift.

Last edited by StrangelovesM6Vert; 04-13-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:54 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

I've done a ton of kits for our members. I break out the IAT and weld a bung down low, close to the throttle body and do it in a MAF-delete pipe that I sell from A&A. I prefer the screw-in IAT's over the push-in style. It's a much cleaner looking setup and I've never had a complaint about a SD tune. I've read plenty of complaints about SD tunes over the years but all I can say is it's not the fact that it's SD that's the issue.

I only offer the Alky Control kit because I feel that it's the best on the market for a number of reasons. The pump has no equal. I prefer stainless braided Teflon lines over the push-in plastic lines. I've taken the Alky Control nozzles and custom shaped them and powder coated them numerous times to enhance their look.

-=Bret=-

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:47 AM
StatmanRN
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Another endorsement for Alky Control here. Nice setup, and Julio is accessable and a wealth of knowledge
I was also advised about the potential MAF issues and went with SD tune.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Meth installs - school me.

Quick Reply: C5 Meth installs - school me.