C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dipstick detached inside head unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 01:11 AM
YELLO C5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Dipstick detached inside head unit

I've been running an A&A self-contained oiling kit on my 2000 for a couple years. Was doing an oil change on the unit and find that the dipstick was missing from the brass fitting. Called A&A for suggestions and after verifying the dipstick is aluminum they said about the only way to get it out will be to remove the unit and turn it over. I tried the tweezers I had on hand but it's too tight to get in there. I can see it in there.

I asked A&A if running it with the dipstick in there and they referred me to Vortech who said it shouldn't be an issue since it's long enough to stay in the shaft. Doing a search, this doesn't seem like a common issue. Anyone have this happen? Not happy about having to pull the head unit but at least I can get my AC serviced while it's out.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:51 PM
Cutlassmaster
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

Is it possible to put rtv in a straw and shove it down there, give time to dry and then pull out?
Old 05-12-2017, 12:42 AM
YELLO C5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had it suggested to either try blowing or vacuuming it out. I think either might work but I won't try until the next oil change. Made a couple passes on the drag strip and no issues seen.

Get notified of new replies

To Dipstick detached inside head unit

Quick Reply: Dipstick detached inside head unit