C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter wategate spring

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 08:13 PM
justmitoy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lingenfelter wategate spring

Anyone have the part number for an 8PSi wastegate spring for lingenfelter tt. Or what wastegate is used ?
Old 06-13-2017, 11:49 AM
0jhaines
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default 8 psi wastegate actuator used in LPE TT kits

Do you need just the spring from an adjustable/rebuildable actuator (TiAL, Forge, HKS, etc.) or do you really need a complete wastegate actuator for an internal wastegate style turbo?

If you need a complete wastegate actuator (and not just the spring), the most common 8 psi actuator was a Garrett 0.5 bar (7.25 psi) actuator, part number:
480009-0009

For a while we had some being custom made for us that were already modified to fit our application.

We later switched to an adjustable wastegate actuator. We sourced those from Forge Motorsports and one other vendor (I don't remember the name).

Originally Posted by justmitoy
Anyone have the part number for an 8PSi wastegate spring for lingenfelter tt. Or what wastegate is used ?
Old 06-13-2017, 01:07 PM
justmitoy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Waste gate

I'm new to the turbo world but my understanding is that it is the internal wastegate as came from lingenfelter in the stage 1 kit in 2000. Currently I am running it as it came from lingenfelter on wastegate at 5 psi and would like to increase to 8 psi.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:41 PM
0jhaines
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Wastegates and actuators

The turbochargers used are an internal wastegate type turbocharger.
The wastegate actuator (that opens and closes the wastegate)
is an external actuator (not built into the turbocharger).

Yes, the base LPE Corvette turbo kits used a 5 psi actuator. At the higher power levels we used an 8 psi actuator Due to packaging/bracket design etc. the stock Garrett actuators have to be modified to fit our application. So the part number I provided is the 8 psi actuator but it will need to be modified (actuator rod shortened and threaded) to fit in the vehicle. Should be able to duplicate what the 5 psi actuator rods look like when they come off the vehicle.

Originally Posted by justmitoy
I'm new to the turbo world but my understanding is that it is the internal wastegate as came from lingenfelter in the stage 1 kit in 2000. Currently I am running it as it came from lingenfelter on wastegate at 5 psi and would like to increase to 8 psi.

Get notified of new replies

To Lingenfelter wategate spring

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter wategate spring