C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future Plans for my C5Z (LSA Power!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 01:28 AM
CameronsFRC
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Future Plans for my C5Z (LSA Power!)

So,

I never thought that a c5 would be able to support an LSA blower because of the CTSV and ZL1s under drive design (3 pulleys, AC, Serpentine, and blower). Apparently Fasterproms has recently made this possible with a machined snout and pulley that runs off of the serpentine belts like the Magnuson and centrifugal blowers. I always knew that getting it on there would just involve adapter plates for cathedral port heads, but I never imagined this to evolve.

The main reason I want the LSA blower is for the low end torque and grunt that it provides! It is also a unique set up that isn't as popular. Garett from 1320video has been making videos about his C5 go kart which now has the LSA blower! Go check it out!

Obviously the fuel system will need to be deeply visited to make this possible. And you can't forget about an ice box/water pump to keep things cool.

This won't happen tomorrow, but I am determined to run this set up in the future!

Cameron

Old 06-14-2017, 04:49 PM
zone-7
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

That's Cleetus McFarland and his "Leroy the Savage" C5. Is his real name Garret ?
Quite entertaining indeed !
Old 06-14-2017, 04:53 PM
CameronsFRC
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes his real name is Garett Mitchell. Great guy!
Old 06-14-2017, 05:16 PM
zone-7
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

"Do It For Dale !" Best wishes towards your future plans for your Z.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:42 PM
mikey4play
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Been following Leroy the Savage from day one. Looks like they cut a lot of material from the cowl area for the LSA to clear. Thinking even with a after market hood clearance is going be a issue on a normal car.

Get notified of new replies

To Future Plans for my C5Z (LSA Power!)

Quick Reply: Future Plans for my C5Z (LSA Power!)