C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS 10 rib belt alignment

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 10:37 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

OP do you have the ECS bracket forsale? If so how much will you sell it for?
Old 07-19-2017, 10:43 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I understand your decision, especially moving to the V with family. I parked my cars for years due to the same reason but of course it was well worth it. Now they are a little older and are getting interested in the cars so I have been slowly working on getting my cars back on track.

As far as this whole scenario I feel there is a handful of forum members (aka Nuetron) who really steered you wrong simply for their own amusement. We could have sent you a tensioner by itself for under $100 shipped, but they decided to put the bug in your ear that the kit that powers so many of the fastest stock bottom end Vettes, (LS1-LS6-LS2-LS3-LS7) not even getting into the built engine results, is not up to snuff.

There was a time when this section of the forum was the best section going, but a handful of newer members really have just destroyed it. Shame really but many vendors won't even advertise here because of them and you just found out why with a nice hit to your wallet to prove it.

This forum is supposed to be here to help others and these guys did the exact opposite for you, sorry it worked out that way but hopefully others can learn from this and not take advice from these individuals who are not here for your best interest.
Really? Who? I'm not on here as much so it's hard to keep up with who's here and who's not. It does seem like the C5 section in general is dying but I just thought it was because the last C5 is already 13 years old and people in general are just moving on to newer vette.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:00 AM
waltbsc
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I'll probably sale to recoup some money. As you probably know this is the 10 rib setup and will need the $100 bracket to complete. I need to do some research before pricing.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:21 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothFRC
Guessing that bracket won't work on a procharger eh? (ECS bracket)

No sorry, it does not fit their bolt pattern.

That bracket ^^^ looks like it has been painted too, I would try and strip it down myself, paint won't stick to aluminum. Hence why it's pealing, our black brackets are anodized to hold the color.

Quick Reply: ECS 10 rib belt alignment