C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best option for 8 an line

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
Default best option for 8 an line

Im looking to run 8 an line up to my aftermarket fuel rails. Im going to run an external pump with a hobbs switch. Looking for the best place to tie into the stock line. I was just going to y the stock and the 8 an into a single 8an and run it but I need to keep the crossover line.

I thought about tying the two together after the crossover.
What are my best options? I already have 8 an line, afpr and fuel rails.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:50 PM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

That's how I did it. The left -8 comes from the big pump, the center is the factory 3/8 line from a Bosch 044 pump and all the fuel goes into the -8 on the right into the rail.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:32 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by junk c5

That's how I did it. The left -8 comes from the big pump, the center is the factory 3/8 line from a Bosch 044 pump and all the fuel goes into the -8 on the right into the rail.
That's a lot going on under the hood!
Old 08-14-2017, 11:05 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Podium
Im looking to run 8 an line up to my aftermarket fuel rails. Im going to run an external pump with a hobbs switch. Looking for the best place to tie into the stock line. I was just going to y the stock and the 8 an into a single 8an and run it but I need to keep the crossover line.

I thought about tying the two together after the crossover.
What are my best options? I already have 8 an line, afpr and fuel rails.
For a clean look, you could put your regulator in the driver fender area and run the return from there. I have an 8an adapter for the fuel rail and factory line. You can come out of the factory line with the same adapter, go into 8AN Y, and tie it all together in that Y at some convenient place out of sight.

Bret
Old 08-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKTPerformance
For a clean look, you could put your regulator in the driver fender area and run the return from there. I have an 8an adapter for the fuel rail and factory line. You can come out of the factory line with the same adapter, go into 8AN Y, and tie it all together in that Y at some convenient place out of sight.

Bret
Do you have pictures? I dont mind being able to see the AFPR. What about the stock fuel filter/fpr? Do you have fittings to replace it with an aftermarket? (e85)
Old 08-15-2017, 08:54 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

kinda like this....

Name:  TwTfGIU.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  270.4 KB

Last edited by HardcoreABN; 08-15-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:07 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

what is the second pressure gauge for?
Old 08-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

I have my external pump in the drivers rear fender with its own filter and then the line runs through the drivers rocker panel before it tees into the stock line on the firewall. Then I have 8AN into a Y going to the back of each rail. Front rails have a crossover and a tee on the drivers rail, from the drivers side it returns to the fpr in my drivers fenderwell and returns back through the drivers rocker panel to the tank.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:42 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Podium
Do you have pictures? I dont mind being able to see the AFPR. What about the stock fuel filter/fpr? Do you have fittings to replace it with an aftermarket? (e85)
Being able to see it isn't the issue. Pumping the fuel under the hood, heating it up and sending it back to the tank can lead to overheating and cavitation. I've seen it a handful of times. Also placement can become critical if/when the diaphragm bursts. The stock fuel filter with the regulator will need to be removed and replaced with a 97/98 filter, which doesn't include a regulator. That leaves the return line open for you to feed into from your new aftermarket regulator. I don't have any pictures handy since photobucket locked everybody down. I do carry fittings to plug into the factory lines, both make and female to convert to 6 or 8AN as needed. I also prefer to use non-swivel fittings because they often become a point of failure and force you to re-work your fuel system. Even with Teflon lines, if you have swivel fittings, you are subject to dealing with the failure. When and where possible, I use non-swivel fittings and clock them as needed.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:50 PM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Shop mounted my fpr in front away from the headers, rails both fed behind from lines that y off the fuel filter in the fender

Last edited by ysb02; 08-25-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

I was thinking Id like to Y the factory feed to a 8an line like the ECS kit does after the factory fuel tank crossover. I could just get a y block and the appropriate fittings and then a 8 an all the way to my rails. Keep the factory line from the fuel filter to the quick connect after the fuel line cross over. Im sure someone has done this but photobucket as it lockdown so I cant see 95 percent of the pictures on most forums.

Last edited by Podium; 09-06-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To best option for 8 an line

Quick Reply: best option for 8 an line