C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Power to fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 01:17 AM
Vettelife101
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Power to fuel pump

So my car just recently had an issue with the fuel pump. It wasn't priming hell I couldn't even hear the pump turn on. I figured it was a bad fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter so I replaced both with a brand new one. I tried starting it and still no sound coming from the pump I tested all the fuses and relays even swapped them out but still nothing. I tested my old fuel pump to see if it was actually a bad pump but it wasn't it started working once I connected it to a jumbox. I tested my new pump and it's only getting 9volts. I checked everthing and i'm stuck at this point. Help!

Last edited by Vettelife101; 09-24-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:24 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Clean your grounds and run a hotwire kit like the one racetronix offers.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:31 PM
hatewhatownsyou
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

^This but you still need to get power from the original wire, as it triggers the relay in the Hotwire kits

There's an issue with the oem fuel pump wires being too small and burning up, mine ended up being a bad connection in the main harness above the trans/torque tube. I had to jump the connector with another connector to get a good connection. This may be your issue also.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:34 AM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

As others have said, check your grounds. I had a weird scenario not too long ago where the fuel pump wasnt working. After a series of tests (jumping the relay, voltage tests) I was confused because I had 12V going to it but it wasnt running. Turns out, the ground on the drivers side of the block was loose. I could get voltage but not enough current to run the pump.

My system was complicated because I have Hotwire kit and a BAP. Not sure what your setup is, but you posted in the FI section.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:05 AM
TNTC5
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the same problem, Bill is helping right now. After, I installed the new pump the pump started right up and ran for like 8mins. Died by itself. I tried to restart after that nothing at all.

Last edited by TNTC5; 10-03-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To No Power to fuel pump

Quick Reply: No Power to fuel pump