C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caravaggio fitment/quality reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Time for a C-5
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 179 Posts
Default RKSport RK5 fitment/quality reviews?

Anyone using this hood? Thoughts, reviews, comments?

I'm looking for something as understated as possible and this appears to be the most subtle blower hood available. Any others I should look at?

Last edited by Time for a C-5; 10-25-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Mitch.Shea
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havnt seen many complaints on the forum. It all depends on your body guy.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:03 PM
Time for a C-5
Burning Brakes

A member directed me to some posts about the Caravaggio hood delaminating and less than stellar "stand behind your product" service from the manufacture. Any thoughts/experience/review on the RKSport RK5 hood (below)?
Attached Images  

Last edited by Time for a C-5; 10-25-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:46 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

I have the RKSport hood you pictured. I'm pretty picky, do collision repair for a living, and this isn't my first time dealing with aftermarket fiberglass parts. That said it is one of the nicest I've seen. It isn't perfect, and I could (and hope to at some point) spend a lot of time perfecting it. However, fit is pretty good out of the box and so is the finish. Good enough that I just hit it with a da and painted it to get it one and functional. I've received nothing but compliments on it, but most folks don't have the eye for detail to pick up on the work it still needs. I will say I spent a lot of time getting it to fit well, moving fenders, hood hinges, latches, headlight doors, etc... That's to be expected though IMO. The reason all the adjustment is there in the first place is because even GM didn't make them fit perfect from car to car.

What blower are you running? This will need clearanced for the TVS2300.
The following users liked this post:
Time for a C-5 (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 08:04 AM
Time for a C-5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by oneandgone
I have the RKSport hood you pictured. I'm pretty picky, do collision repair for a living, and this isn't my first time dealing with aftermarket fiberglass parts. That said it is one of the nicest I've seen. It isn't perfect, and I could (and hope to at some point) spend a lot of time perfecting it. However, fit is pretty good out of the box and so is the finish. Good enough that I just hit it with a da and painted it to get it one and functional. I've received nothing but compliments on it, but most folks don't have the eye for detail to pick up on the work it still needs. I will say I spent a lot of time getting it to fit well, moving fenders, hood hinges, latches, headlight doors, etc... That's to be expected though IMO. The reason all the adjustment is there in the first place is because even GM didn't make them fit perfect from car to car.

What blower are you running? This will need clearanced for the TVS2300.
Thanks for thorough review. Looking at a mp112 maggie set up.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:05 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

No problem. As I recall RK told me it will clear the 112 without issue as that's what it was made for. The 2300 is a bit larger to the rear and they have not updated the design to fit it. FWIW I bought mine from DD mods. He recommended it based on high the quality and I received it very quickly. I do hear that he may no longer be a vendor here though.

Get notified of new replies

To Caravaggio fitment/quality reviews?

Quick Reply: Caravaggio fitment/quality reviews?