C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW PRODUCT for METH HEADS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 08:15 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Default NEW PRODUCT for METH HEADS!

This is for model years 2001 - 2007 with the plastic MAF sensor.
These are prone to breaking in two pieces and we have not found an Epoxy that will stick to whatever material they are made from.
I've been making a MAF girdle that actually bolts the two halves together and makes them indestuctable for a few years now. The problem is that when you add Methanol Injection you need a coupler from the MAF tube to the MAF, another coupler to a short piece of tubing so you can install the nozzle and IAT sensor and then another coupler to the throttle body.
That's a lot of couplers and clamps and you end up with a very short tube for the nozzle and sensor.
Now we make a longer MAF girdle that repairs and reinforces the MAF AND extends all the way to the throttle body, giving plenty of room for a Meth nozzle (or two) and a properly located IAT sensor.
It's the cleanest way to plumb your Meth injection. The tube is machined from 5" diameter aluminum bar stock, not tube or pipe.
Each one is something stupid like 10 pounds to start with. What's left is plenty thick enough to tap threads for the IAT sensor. What's great is there is enough length to make sure the IAT sensor is placed in a position where the Meth will reach it for a true IAT reading.
If you're not running Meth, the short version will repair your MAF and stop it from ever happening again. It's also good preventative medicine for anyone running the plastic MAF.
We also see a lot of the plastic MAFS crushed by guys who get a little too exuberant tightening the clamps.That can't happen with the girdle in place.
These are fresh out of the CNC but will be available in either a polished or satin black finish.
Attached Images      

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107
Old 10-26-2017, 09:30 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

Cool, what is price and length of long version?
Old 10-27-2017, 03:53 PM
LPDesRoche
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

If I wasn't speed density I would be all over this.

Looks great!
Old 10-27-2017, 05:36 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Cool, what is price and length of long version?
It's about 6 1/2" long. I think $149 including the throttle body coupler and clamps is where we'll end up.

You'll need to shorten the existing MAF tube and have it bead rolled to make it all work. We can do that for you if needed.
If ordered with a supercharger kit, it will be cheaper. We can also drill and tap it for the nozzle and IAT sensor for you.

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 10-27-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:08 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

Oh ok, I thought it was pre-drilled for both like in the picture.
Is 6.5" about the ideal distance for MAF to TB? Mine is way down at the top of the Procharger Y pipe (old system).
Old 10-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Oh ok, I thought it was pre-drilled for both like in the picture.
Is 6.5" about the ideal distance for MAF to TB? Mine is way down at the top of the Procharger Y pipe (old system).
It works out best at this length for a couple of reasons. You want the MAF to be on a straight section of tube and not so close to the intercooler outlet, but still have enough room for the meth nozzle and IAT sensor.
Getting the sensor furher downstream from the nozzle gives the meth enough time (distance) to dispurse throughout the tube so the sensor can get a goood reading on it. Having the nozzle as far away from the manifold as possible also serves to have more even dispursion throughout the manifold.
I've seen nozzles mounted very close to the throttly body with an IAT sensor in the manifold that didn't show a temperature change when the meth was spraying. It was blowing right by the sensor. That tells me that it was also probably skipping by the front intake runner as well , which is scary.

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 10-29-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:21 PM
z0stix
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the older a&a procharger kit, so my tubing is 4", will it work with my setup https://i.imgur.com/DnEMizl.jpg as u can see i have broken the maf before. also, my IAT is already relocated to the top of the intake manifold

Last edited by z0stix; 10-29-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:16 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Originally Posted by z0stix
I have the older a&a procharger kit, so my tubing is 4", will it work with my setup https://i.imgur.com/DnEMizl.jpg as u can see i have broken the maf before. also, my IAT is already relocated to the top of the intake manifold
Yes. It will work fine with your setup.
That would be a clean solution for you.

Get notified of new replies

To NEW PRODUCT for METH HEADS!

Quick Reply: NEW PRODUCT for METH HEADS!