C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opening up the front

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 07:23 AM
CorvetteC5Norway
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Opening up the front

I have just ordered the Z06 grilles for the foglight openings, with the intent to remove shroud in that area to get more cooling. You guys that have done this, did you leave it open or did you install some kind of piping behind there to channel air specific directions? Should I protect the airfilter in some way? I guess the water will spray directly on it when driving in the rain...

Other tips for this process?

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2017, 09:12 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteC5Norway
I have just ordered the Z06 grilles for the foglight openings, with the intent to remove shroud in that area to get more cooling. You guys that have done this, did you leave it open or did you install some kind of piping behind there to channel air specific directions? Should I protect the airfilter in some way? I guess the water will spray directly on it when driving in the rain...

Other tips for this process?

Thanks!

It's important to make sure that you end up with shrouding that doesn't allow air to flow around the intercooler, condenser and radiator since air will always take the path of least resistance.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:10 AM
CorvetteC5Norway
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, front is off, foglightsshroud is removed, Z06 grilles is installed and we have made some "adhoc" shrouding to lead air to the right places. A bi-effect is that I shield the AIR pump and airfilter from direct waterspray. Hope that this will help a little.
Attached Images   

Get notified of new replies

To Opening up the front

Quick Reply: Opening up the front