C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bone stock to 1000hp plus UPP twin turbo build!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 02:16 PM
SLEEPERFRC
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Bone stock to 1000hp plus UPP twin turbo build!

WELL HERE WE GO GUYS!!!

Ive Been getting parts ordered up for a few weeks now but i have most of every thing in the shop ready for install Ive built a few cars of the last 15 years ( c4, 4-c5's, a c6 and a c6z) mostly big cube nitrous or supercharged cars but never a turbo car...

CAR- 2003 Tourch Red c5 z06 - BONE STOCK

POWER ADDER- UPP- I called around to several places and wasn't getting to far until i got on the phone with UPP!!! Of course i Had several Questions.... but they were so helpful. We worked out all the details with my plans of what i needed in this project fairly quick!! Here is the Awesome part they put their entire fab department on my project due to the dead line i had of 3 weeks, They didn't even balk at the idea!!! Well They over Performed!! I paid in full on 2-2-18 and i got the tracking number for the kit on 2-8-18! Delivered 2-13-18!! Seriously unbelievable!!! Every other company gave me a 6-10 week wait period!!! Bottom line The guys are Great and said to call anytime or email for any issue during instal i may have l!! Turbos are 6182r's

Motor- LQ9 6.0 390 - Built by Grimes Machine in Atlanta Ga with all the Good stuff for up to 1000hp plus !

Clutch - Monster lt-1s (Not Here Yet)

Drivetrain - Tr6060 Trans rear swap etc

Air/Fuel- ID1300x (carlyleracing) - A&A Stg3 Fuel System (shipped) - Lingenfelter in tank - Ls3 Intake-stock Rails

Wheels / Tires - Weld s77 15x10.3 (carlyleracing) Weld alumastars 17x4 (hinson) I Powder coated the wheels gloss didn't want to look like every other wheel!! - 275 Mickey Pros

Suspension - Carlyle racing Full 15' Rear Conversion - ADJ Coil overs.

Misc - Eboost2 Controller, Lnc 2step/timing tuner, Mgw Shifter, Wolf 6point roll cage, mighty mouse front wheels spacers, Dewitts Radiator, Kooks 3 inch x pipe to mate to turbo down pipe, Rear exhaust to be determined... Need help in that area

Lets pop this car's cherry and begin the Install !! Here are a few pictures but Ill update with more as i open the box's etc and the install progress as i get the motor swapped this weekend and started on the turbo kit (2-16-18) !

Last edited by SLEEPERFRC; 02-13-2018 at 07:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SLEEPERFRC:
CorvetteBrent (05-14-2018), IMXCITD (02-18-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 03:28 PM
INSTIG8R
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Assuming they have gotten the fitment issues worked out on the c5 kits you should have a beast. A member running their kit on a 390” motor made well over 1,000 yesterday
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (05-14-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 05:25 PM
Black8Banger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep, sounds nearly identical to my build.
Good luck to you! Its a ride no doubt about it.
Let me know if you have any questions along the way.
Not sure if you have had a cam spec'd yet but Pat G did a great job on my setup.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:02 PM
SLEEPERFRC
Instructor

Originally Posted by INSTIG8R
Assuming they have gotten the fitment issues worked out on the c5 kits you should have a beast. A member running their kit on a 390” motor made well over 1,000 yesterday
Sweet!! can't wait.. oh ya mine is a 390 ops
Old 02-13-2018, 07:04 PM
SLEEPERFRC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Black8Banger
Yep, sounds nearly identical to my build.
Good luck to you! Its a ride no doubt about it.
Let me know if you have any questions along the way.
Not sure if you have had a cam spec'd yet but Pat G did a great job on my setup.
Hey thanks a lot i may just have to do that

yes i have custom spec stuff motor is ready to put in
Old 02-17-2018, 05:15 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

boostamuv!

nice setup, the tt c5s are such a nice ride.

good luck with the build and please post details on the engine

you will soon be seeing the world through a screaming face if you can hook all of that!
Old 02-18-2018, 08:23 AM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Good luck! I did it with a 370 you should be there no problems
Old 02-18-2018, 08:50 AM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Gonna be a sweet build! Looking forward to following along!
Old 02-19-2018, 10:31 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Waiting to see how this setup runs.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:56 PM
1SLO2OH
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks like its gonna be a monster! Grimes did the machine work on my RHS engine (before I owned the car). They are right up the street from where I live actually. We will have to meet up when the car is finished, I'd like to see this beast!
Old 02-28-2018, 07:24 PM
SLEEPERFRC
Instructor

Little Up date guys !!! out with the old in with the New !!!

Last edited by SLEEPERFRC; 02-28-2018 at 07:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SLEEPERFRC:
CorvetteBrent (05-14-2018), IMXCITD (05-08-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 07:27 PM
SLEEPERFRC
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1SLO2OH
Looks like its gonna be a monster! Grimes did the machine work on my RHS engine (before I owned the car). They are right up the street from where I live actually. We will have to meet up when the car is finished, I'd like to see this beast!
ya for sure !!
Old 03-03-2018, 06:55 PM
DemiGod
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribed ! I am doing the same build as we speak came to my computer to do research. Only difference, I got the ball bearing turbos with the 4 bolt v band flange. Interesting and will follow.

BTW I'm also a forged Lq9

Last edited by DemiGod; 03-03-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:03 PM
DemiGod
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I had mine jet coated. Im curious to see how you will be wrapping those pipes. I may wrap mine anyway so the wrap gets scratched under the car before the pipes.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:25 PM
TheBandit18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Going to be sweet. I have the 6182r journal bearing turbos on stock ls1 think I'm going to put a 4.8 in mine.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:27 PM
SLEEPERFRC
Instructor

Update Guys!!

Its been a heck of a few months!! I ended up having to go to the virgan islands for little over a month helping with the utility issues etc, so that held up the project and killed me!!

Now back I was ready to get back on and boom a unexpected issue as i was getting the driveline prepped for install and WOW the trouble Monster clutch has given me!!

I Emailed Steve The Owner on 2-8-18 Making sure that if i needed anything special for a c5z please let me know.. his response "it is bolt in and go"

Well their "custom slave" would not work anything we tried it would not mount up...the fittings would not clear. So i emailed and finally got a response from the steve saying they forgot to put the correct 45 deg fittings in the box for a c5z.. Ok then no problem at this point...

Got those in and got the car back on the rack and boom those didn't work either!! So i call and contact steve he thinks at this point I'm doing something wrong so i put him in touch with the lead mechanic at a friend of mines machine/race shop that lets me use a rack helps me if i can't handle something etc i get the car over there, and steve replies from their conversion they had in email to me in a very rude and down grading manor of words .. like it couldn't be his issue!!! Yet he puts me off to one of his workers saying he will handle it and send pictures !!!! So i send pictures again!! What do ya know i get a email saying new connection fitting and line are on the way!!! wow!!

So again i await the lines and get the car on the rack...for the third time Guess what!! The New lines don't fit! SO AGAIN i call steve he is very rude at this point for no reason!!! I simply said ill send you pictures again.. well i did and i got a tracking number a few hours later! I mean i don't get a phone call or email to why this has happened or a apology for the attitude and telling me this entire month or longer we are installing it wrong.. when the whole time they sent me the wrong parts!

Finally The slave fits and the clutch and motor are in the car!!

PICS TO COME BOYS! I HAVE A GARAGE FULL OF PARTS FROM LAST FEW MONTHS

Last edited by SLEEPERFRC; 05-07-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by SLEEPERFRC
Update Guys!!

Its been a heck of a few months!! I ended up having to go to the virgan islands for little over a month helping with the utility issues etc, so that held up the project and killed me!!

Now back I was ready to get back on and boom a unexpected issue as i was getting the driveline prepped for install and WOW the trouble Monster clutch has given me!!

I Emailed Steve The Owner on 2-8-18 Making sure that if i needed anything special for a c5z please let me know.. his response "it is bolt in and go"

Well their "custom slave" would not work anything we tried it would not mount up...the fittings would not clear. So i emailed and finally got a response from the steve saying they forgot to put the correct 45 deg fittings in the box for a c5z.. Ok then no problem at this point...

Got those in and got the car back on the rack and boom those didn't work either!! So i call and contact steve he thinks at this point I'm doing something wrong so i put him in touch with the lead mechanic at a friend of mines machine/race shop that lets me use a rack helps me if i can't handle something etc i get the car over there, and steve replies from their conversion they had in email to me in a very rude and down grading manor of words .. like it couldn't be his issue!!! Yet he puts me off to one of his workers saying he will handle it and send pictures !!!! So i send pictures again!! What do ya know i get a email saying new connection lines are on the way!!! wow!!

So again i await the lines and get the car on the rack...for the third time Guess what!! The New lines don't fit! SO AGAIN i call steve he is very rude at this point for no reason!!! I simply said ill send you pictures again.. well i did and i got a tracking number a few hours later! I mean i don't get a phone call or email to why this has happened or a apology for the attitude and telling me this entire month or longer we are installing it wrong.. when the whole time they sent me the wrong parts!

Finally The slave fits and the clutch and motor are in the car!!

PICS TO COME BOYS! I HAVE A GARAGE FULL OF PARTS FROM LAST FEW MONTHS
Nothing pisses me off more than when a company acts like they are infallible. Confidence in your products and employees is one thing but failing to accept or even acknowledge that there could have been a machining, shipping, ordering error, etc. just grinds my gears.

I had the owner of a company that I will not name call me and go off on me for filing a paypal claim after I was sent the wrong part. I had left 6 voicemails, spoke to 4 different sales reps and sent even more emails and I never got a response to fix the issue(went on for 2+ weeks). He said "Now you F'd me because paypal took the money from me already." My response was "Kind of like how you took my money, sent me the wrong part and then failed to fix the issue?"

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 05-07-2018 at 01:38 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Turpid porpoise:
CorvetteBrent (05-14-2018), SLEEPERFRC (05-07-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Bone stock to 1000hp plus UPP twin turbo build!

Old 05-07-2018, 02:47 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The problem with written word is it can be taken very differently, obviously we made a mistake and we overnighted parts to correct those mistakes - we're human and do that from time to time.

As far as speaking to me on the phone, I don't recall speaking with you - I gave this to my sales manager Jacob to handle since 1) that's his job, and 2) I didn't want to delay you as I had meetings with engineers off and on all last month. If I was a jerk on the phone I apologize for that as well.

I apologize if you took my responses as being an ***, that was not my intention. I'm sure that you can research on this forum and many others as to my typical behavior, being a jerk isn't the norm.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:16 PM
TheBandit18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm curious how your pipes are goin to fit up. I had the hardest time with the fitment. finally just spent the money to have a shop weld and make them fit.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:38 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Nice to see updates. Dealing with vendor issues is definitely a pain. Hopefully your build gets together without much more hassle.
SLEEPERFRC (05-07-2018)

Quick Reply: Bone stock to 1000hp plus UPP twin turbo build!