C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 99 FRC Single Turbo 5.3, 4L80E Auto Swap, 4 Month Transformation Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 04:24 AM
venomws7
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Great build and work man, I love the turbo setup simple yet very easy to access everything.
408ci with 98 Turbo will be awesome in the future
Old 03-25-2018, 10:47 AM
Ls3c5
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful build and great power!
Old 03-26-2018, 09:48 AM
EGash
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
Hi Eric,

way to go! I'm going to try out a 4.8 .20 overbore with stock gen 4 rods and crank, and wiseco pistons, AFR 225 heads

I need to get a copy of that wiring diagram and tune! great runs, that car is making some solid power.
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by venomws7
Great build and work man, I love the turbo setup simple yet very easy to access everything.
408ci with 98 Turbo will be awesome in the future
It's actually very easy to work on the turbo kit when the hood is off. I was thinking next year a 370" with some good heads and a 94mm turbo might be the ticket!

Originally Posted by Ls3c5
Beautiful build and great power!
Thanks. Your build thread was the inspiration for my build.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:17 PM
bad man Barry White
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

I don't want to sound generic, but this is an amazing build with what looks like great parts and strategy. Congrats on your success, man.

may have to visit you guys to build mine. I'm thinking of a poor mans 388 with focus and funds on valvetrain.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:06 PM
Coling1124
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im actually doing the same exact setup as you [The same build thread inspired me build as well]. Im getting close to getting it all setup but just wondering how you routed your vacuum lines and such? Did you tee them all into a vacuum block or how did you do it?
Old 04-16-2018, 09:06 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

If people are getting the c6 kit to work in a c5, wonder why cx wont do the tweeking necessary to be able to bolt in to a c5?
Old 04-16-2018, 09:31 AM
EGash
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bad man Barry White
I don't want to sound generic, but this is an amazing build with what looks like great parts and strategy. Congrats on your success, man.
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Coling1124
Im actually doing the same exact setup as you [The same build thread inspired me build as well]. Im getting close to getting it all setup but just wondering how you routed your vacuum lines and such? Did you tee them all into a vacuum block or how did you do it?
I used the EVAP port to run BOV, FPR and MAP sensor
I used the PCV Port to run the Wastegates

Originally Posted by ascastil
If people are getting the c6 kit to work in a c5, wonder why cx wont do the tweeking necessary to be able to bolt in to a c5?
I only used the headers, crossover pipes, and T4 collector for my build, but I think others have used much more of the complete CX kit with minor mods. I'm not sure if anyone at CX has visibility on the fact that C5 guys are using their C6 kit parts, or that there may be a demand for a C5 kit. Perhaps some interested guys should contact them to suggest it.

Last edited by EGash; 04-16-2018 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:42 PM
blackzo6
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great job man. Looks like art to me. ��
Old 09-09-2019, 12:58 PM
EgoKlr
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Few questions..what does CX racing say is the hp limit on their intercooler? The T4-T6 flange you added that wouldn’t hinder the performance of a T6 turbo would it ? And just how big of a turbo do you think you could fit in there? Been thinking bout selling my Paxton 2200r setup and going this route.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:26 PM
EGash
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by EgoKlr
Few questions..what does CX racing say is the hp limit on their intercooler? The T4-T6 flange you added that wouldn’t hinder the performance of a T6 turbo would it ? And just how big of a turbo do you think you could fit in there? Been thinking bout selling my Paxton 2200r setup and going this route.
I'm not sure what CX rates there intercoolers on the complete C6(5) Kit. I used a Treadstone intercooler for my build which was thicker than the CX one. That being said, I'm confident that people have made 1000+ with the big CX 4" intercooler (I've tuned a few turbo LS's that made over 1K with that FMIC) There may have been some disruption in the turbine housing due ot the T4 to T6 transition, if I did it over I would use a big T4 housing. The guys at Westech did some testing last year and showed no difference in power between T4 and T6 housings at the 800-1000hp range IIRC. I was able to hang a GT55 turbo off that CX header kit, but I braced it as it was a HEAVY turbo. The S400 based unit is realistically as big as I would recommend using on that kit.
The following users liked this post:
EgoKlr (09-10-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by EGash
I'm not sure what CX rates there intercoolers on the complete C6(5) Kit. I used a Treadstone intercooler for my build which was thicker than the CX one. That being said, I'm confident that people have made 1000+ with the big CX 4" intercooler (I've tuned a few turbo LS's that made over 1K with that FMIC) There may have been some disruption in the turbine housing due ot the T4 to T6 transition, if I did it over I would use a big T4 housing. The guys at Westech did some testing last year and showed no difference in power between T4 and T6 housings at the 800-1000hp range IIRC. I was able to hang a GT55 turbo off that CX header kit, but I braced it as it was a HEAVY turbo. The S400 based unit is realistically as big as I would recommend using on that kit.

that GT55 is a big turbo and my only concern with the front mount was the weight of the turbo. On a drag car it's non issue but on long term street use it might stress out the manifolds with the turbo out front

It's amazing how well they flow and response time looks great when spooled up by a big v8

nice finding something that can adapt at a very reasonable cost

I'm smitten with the twins and the huron kit looks really good to me!

The TTiX I have on there now will be sticking with me for a while but if I build another one the Huron looks like the hot ticket for ROI
Old 09-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Damn nice build Eric! I realize since you're the national sales mgr of Haltech that you know a ton, but I still want to play with your tune or at least do some collaboration work with you on it. If you get bored and feel inclined, give me a shout!

Bret
well I have just the opportunity to do just that. While my turbo setup is different I'm looking to snipe a copy of that tune from Eric as a baseline for the "lil thumper" build

4.8 .020 over wiseco, stock crank, gen 4 rods, AFR 225 heads, TTiX with champion down pipes and 3" Z06 C6 exh (modded rear package tray), rear mount battery, and Haltech S2000

Eric is rolling his eyes I've been talking about this for a month of Sunday's but life's priorities have gotten in the way

I spend almost all of my $ on my lovely wife, my hot rods, and good times. The rest unfortunately I feel is totally wasted

Quick Reply: My 99 FRC Single Turbo 5.3, 4L80E Auto Swap, 4 Month Transformation Build Thread