C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Haltech Elite 2500 Install/Setup with BlownBlueZ06

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 10:28 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts
Default Haltech Elite 2500 Install/Setup with BlownBlueZ06

So I have been speaking with Bret for a little while now about stepping up to a standalone EMS to allow me to run flex fuel, traction control, boost control and control my methanol injection. During our conversations Bret convinced me that I should be looking into the Haltech Elite 2500 with dual wideband, flex fuel sensor, terminated wiring harness and other misc sensors to get it running.

Since I live in VA and Bret is in TX there is no way I could give him the car to install and tune so he is going to be guiding me through the entire process from install to base map to full tune and I will be keeping track of it here to help any of you guys who were interested or on the fence about installing this system in your own cars.

I have just paid for the system this morning so there may not be much progress to see in here for the time being but I wanted to get this going so that any who has questions or special picture/information requests can post them now before I really dig into it.

Breakdown of order:
Haltech Elite 2500 - Haltech HT-151366
Dual Canbus Wideband Kit
Dual Wideband Display Gauge
Flex Fuel Kit with Fittings
ECT Sensor with pigtail
Base tune, wiring documents, and tuning support from the wizard himself, Bret Bradbury.

I can't wait to get started on this and start churning out some serious power now that I can effectively utilize flex fuel and all of my fab work is currently done on the new setup.

For those who may be interested this means that I will have an HPTuners device, Eboost Street, 3 innovate gauges, 3 bar map, AlkyControl PAC and OEM ECU for sale shortly as well.

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 03-23-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:50 AM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

I want to do this also but its not in the budget right now with all the other work I am doing. Good luck and Bret is great to work with.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:56 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by silver408z
I want to do this also but its not in the budget right now with all the other work I am doing. Good luck and Bret is great to work with.
Thank you. I actually worked with him to spec/purchase all of the parts that went into the LS2 that Mike Van Paris assembled for me.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:55 PM
Mike04
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I've talked to Bret about the same setup you're doing. I'll hopefully be pulling the trigger on getting those parts ordered from him soon (still trying to recover from blowing my motor and the rebuild/ upgrades). I'll be following the thread.

Mike
Old 03-23-2018, 01:41 AM
ss4luck
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Im gonna follow this closely, Im working on a TT LSX build and about the only thing i havent decided on is stock PCM or aftermarket piggyback. Please keep us in the loop!!!

Last edited by ss4luck; 03-23-2018 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:18 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mike04
I've talked to Bret about the same setup you're doing. I'll hopefully be pulling the trigger on getting those parts ordered from him soon (still trying to recover from blowing my motor and the rebuild/ upgrades). I'll be following the thread.

Mike
Originally Posted by ss4luck
Im gonna follow this closely, Im working on a TT LSX build and about the only thing i havent decided on is stock PCM or aftermarket piggyback. Please keep us in the loop!!!
Let me know if there is anything specific you want me to post pictures or descriptions of. I won't be piggybacking my stock PCM, it will be removed entirely because racecar.
The following users liked this post:
Tusc (04-20-2021)
Old 03-23-2018, 10:40 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

will this be a piggy back system?
Old 03-23-2018, 11:36 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

No it will not. I am doing a full replacement of the factory PCM.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:41 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

how do you plan to integrate the BCM, TAC, ABS, headlight, ect controllers
Old 03-23-2018, 11:47 AM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN

Haltech has a wiring diagram available that shows you how to parallel it with the factory computer..
Old 03-23-2018, 11:49 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Originally Posted by TTBlueZ06
Haltech has a wiring diagram available that shows you how to parallel it with the factory computer..
that I know, but he isn't doing a parallel. he is removing the factory ecm completely
Old 03-23-2018, 11:53 AM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

So whats the question? If its stand alone it doesn't have to rely on any of the factory systems.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:39 PM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN
Originally Posted by TTBlueZ06
So whats the question? If its stand alone it doesn't have to rely on any of the factory systems.
^ That. My car is not a street car, it may see public roads for 50-100 miles per year at most.

I will further explain how the entire system will work once I get it into my hands and start working through it with Bret but as I understand it removing the PCM and running this as a standalone will not affect the function of my interior electronics, headlights etc. ABS has been removed from my car for some time now.

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 03-23-2018 at 12:39 PM.
HardcoreABN (03-24-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 12:56 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

good luck, doing the same, but the holley dominator piggyback route. I still want to believe in having a "street" car w/ street car thingies
Old 03-23-2018, 10:18 PM
ss4luck
Racer

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
Let me know if there is anything specific you want me to post pictures or descriptions of. I won't be piggybacking my stock PCM, it will be removed entirely because racecar.
ah damn, im interested in running it as a piggyback. My car only comes out for mexico, track days and the occasional cars an coffee. Im mostly considering it for the flex fuel/boost control/and traction control.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:16 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by ss4luck
ah damn, im interested in running it as a piggyback. My car only comes out for mexico, track days and the occasional cars an coffee. Im mostly considering it for the flex fuel/boost control/and traction control.
This is what I do with my car as well. I eventually want to a system like a Haltech. Blownbluez06 can set you up with a system that keeps everything working.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:27 PM
ss4luck
Racer

Originally Posted by silver408z
This is what I do with my car as well. I eventually want to a system like a Haltech. Blownbluez06 can set you up with a system that keeps everything working.

I'm working on a big CI TT build and plan on trailering it to TX to have Brett tune it. He did the tune in my car currently and it is absolute perfection

Get notified of new replies

To Haltech Elite 2500 Install/Setup with BlownBlueZ06

Old 03-25-2018, 05:32 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

where in VA are you? like to help out as I'm putting a haltech in a c5 and want to wire it up piggyback

has anyone used the boomslang harness? As far as I know there is no plug and play harness for a c5

I'm thinking of doing an engine swap and looking for some tech assistance with the wiring and tuning so lets team up!

My buddy has a dyno jet and I can get you a good deal there and he has a trailer so we can do a remote tuning session with Bret and get this done!!!

PM me! I finally sold my house so it's time to boost a muv!@
Old 03-25-2018, 08:11 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
So I have been speaking with Bret for a little while now about stepping up to a standalone EMS to allow me to run flex fuel, traction control, boost control and control my methanol injection. During our conversations Bret convinced me that I should be looking into the Haltech Elite 2500 with dual wideband, flex fuel sensor, terminated wiring harness and other misc sensors to get it running.

Since I live in VA and Bret is in TX there is no way I could give him the car to install and tune so he is going to be guiding me through the entire process from install to base map to full tune and I will be keeping track of it here to help any of you guys who were interested or on the fence about installing this system in your own cars.

I have just paid for the system this morning so there may not be much progress to see in here for the time being but I wanted to get this going so that any who has questions or special picture/information requests can post them now before I really dig into it.

Breakdown of order:
Haltech Elite 2500 - Haltech HT-151366
Dual Canbus Wideband Kit
Dual Wideband Display Gauge
Flex Fuel Kit with Fittings
ECT Sensor with pigtail
Base tune, wiring documents, and tuning support from the wizard himself, Bret Bradbury.

I can't wait to get started on this and start churning out some serious power now that I can effectively utilize flex fuel and all of my fab work is currently done on the new setup.

For those who may be interested this means that I will have an HPTuners device, Eboost Street, 3 innovate gauges, 3 bar map, AlkyControl PAC and OEM ECU for sale shortly as well.
What car will this be done to??
Old 03-25-2018, 08:48 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
where in VA are you? like to help out as I'm putting a haltech in a c5 and want to wire it up piggyback

has anyone used the boomslang harness? As far as I know there is no plug and play harness for a c5

I'm thinking of doing an engine swap and looking for some tech assistance with the wiring and tuning so lets team up!

My buddy has a dyno jet and I can get you a good deal there and he has a trailer so we can do a remote tuning session with Bret and get this done!!!

PM me! I finally sold my house so it's time to boost a muv!@
Pm incoming

Originally Posted by helga203
What car will this be done to??
This is going in my 99 FRC, garage built center-front mount single turbo, Comp CT43X 78/80 1.32, twin meth nozzles, surge tank with twin racetronix 320lph pumps and so on. I have a build thread that I’ve been neglecting on here somewhere.
helga203 (03-25-2018)

Quick Reply: Haltech Elite 2500 Install/Setup with BlownBlueZ06