C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alky Nozzle / IAT placement

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Default Alky Nozzle / IAT placement

Just thinking out loud here.

I currently have the IAT drilled vertically down through the FAST 92 right behind the throttle body. The single alky nozzle is about 8" in front of that at the near end of the new mafless tube. That should be sufficient distance for atomization and an accurate reading.

However, the hood comes down so close on the top of the pigtail for the IAT sensor that the wires are bent down right at the sensor. Maybe I need to add a metal protector there or remove the fire blanket from the hood.

But I was also considering a second option. And here's where I don't know if this would offer any other tangible benefits or not.

What if I remove the IAT from the intake, Seal the hole with a grade 8 bolt, some large washers, and some serious JB weld or other, but then put the IAT in the current Alky hole and run the alky forward to the top of the front curve in the mafless charge tube.

For the effort, other than feeling better about the IAT not being so near the hood, does moving the IAT from behind the tb to in front of it offer any tangible difference?

Last edited by Tusc; 06-05-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:31 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

I cant speak to the results from moving the sensor but if you switched back to a stock style intake you could relocate the sensor to a stock location and not have the hood clearance issue. The reason I bring this up is because the fast intakes are notorious for leaking and cracking under boost. I would sell it while its good. The stock intakes make great power with boost.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:39 AM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

I'll knock on wood for now. I've got limited time to devote to the garage, so I'm just trying to get it rolling for the season. After that, if I need to swap it out it's pretty easy to go backwards.

Get notified of new replies

To Alky Nozzle / IAT placement

Quick Reply: Alky Nozzle / IAT placement