C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 08:51 PM
KerryH
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoods

Over and over again people complain about the hoods offered with the magnason SC and I just sit here and shake my head. What are you guys looking for? How many of you who complain about the limited hood selections have actually seen a magnason SC installed? And I don't mean pictures of one installed I mean in person? These things are huge under there. I can not vouch for the RK hood but I have the LPE one and it barely fits under there to begin with. ( infact at first it hit until LPE did some customizing ) Everybody complains that it doesn't follow the lines of the car. IT CAN'T !!! And I belive they have done the best they can to keep looking as good as it does. Seriously there is very little clearance under there. It may not be stealth but it gives the car a muscle look, a little something different than the guy in the corvette next to you. Sorry to rant, but I just think some of you are asking for the impossible as far as a smaller rise hood.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:27 PM
Johnno
Pro

Default Re: Hoods (KerryH)

NO complaints here!!
I personally love my LPE hood!

1. It's got an aggressive look to it without being too over the top.
2. It does't really change the lines of the car - just "raises" them. :yesnod:
3. Color match is perfect.
4. Looks stock to those uninitiated with what the C5 looks like - I've had friends not really notice until I pointed it out.
5. I have no rubbing issues. It's a tight fit - but it works.
6. To me, it looks baaaad azzzz. :yesnod:

Click for photo- warning large image!

[Modified by Johnno, 7:28 PM 10/23/2002]
Old 10-23-2002, 10:38 PM
ICULUKN-C5
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Hoods (Johnno)

One of the nicest hoods that I have seen is the pic of the extreme MS turbo hood. This hood is almost perfect. Add a 2.5" cowl to it, and I would order.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:50 PM
king_pin
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Hoods (KerryH)

I have a RK sport hood I think it fits poopie it looks good!! But it just does not follow the front in the middle is to low :mad
Old 10-23-2002, 11:54 PM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Hoods (ICULUKN-C5)

That is a cool hood ... the LPE one rocks ...
Old 10-24-2002, 04:50 PM
Flintstone
Drifting

Default Re: Hoods (king_pin)

Hey king_pin,

My RK hood fits the same as yours. To overcome the poopiety-butt fit, I took a 4" section of fuel line hose and velcro'd it to the front facia, right under the forward-most part of the hood.

It's pliable, so it isn't going to scratch, but big enough to raise that section of the hood up enough so that it matches the curvature of the front facia. Looks 10x better.

You can't see the hose with the hood down, can barely notice it with it up. All for $.30 too.

F
Old 10-24-2002, 11:57 PM
king_pin
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Hoods (Flintstone)

hey Flintstone I will give that a try thanks I got know where with RK :nopity :seeya KINGPIN

Get notified of new replies

To Hoods

Quick Reply: Hoods