C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

build finished and new dyno numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Old 12-26-2018, 07:03 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
Nobody attacked your integrity, they just questioned the information you posted.

Cool.

Cool.

K bye. Corvetteforum doesn't need any 1 man wolfpacks...

"Turbo Geek" is building a pretty wild setup that he will actually use on a track. You seem more butt hurt than anybody.

You don't owe anybody anything, some people here would LIKE to see evidence supporting what you posted. What's wrong with that?

Name calling is very "non millenial" of you. Rather than standing up for your "integrity" by providing the dyno chart that backs up your claim you would rather get butt hurt and start calling everyone with a question a "hater" or "butthurt." Very mature.

Congrats, why can't you just be happy about that?

Again with the competitive BS and calling people haters...

WTF is a turkey wad? And there are millenials in this thread who are acting more mature than you.

Again with the gross display of maturity. Standing up to "haters" by stooping below their level speaks volumes about who you are as a person. If your numbers are true then why wouldn't you just laugh these questions off? The fact that you seem so offended leads me to believe you know you are wrong, you don't like it and now you are lashing out as you are backed into a corner. You don't need to respond to comments you dislike or disagree with, this is the internet you aren't going to like most of what is said. GROW UP.

You can get upset with me and call me a hater/butthurt/millenial/moron if you want but I'm just calling it like I see it.

Porpoise out.

nice answer about your mustang. Grow up?? buddy, look in the mirror and get a life. I dont give a crap about u or your car. Its over Charlie. I hope you are met with the same bs as i was met with just sharing dyno results. It doesnt matter really. Nobody is angry, just disappointed of the rudeness and childish hate associated with many comments. I dont care about anybody's opinion unless they have qualifications and merit behind them. My mistake was to listen to people without merits or enough experience to ask or express questions and doubts. Nothing more i want to say. This group is unlike those I have been accustomed too. Zr1 group was gracious and knowledgeable and most of them tear down their own cars and mess with multiple camshafts etc... they have real world knowledge about those exotic engines. They dont insult you or call you a liar. They ask questions without agitating the poster and they give answers backed with references. I feel that someone will be alright here as long as they doubt almost everybody and investigate every comment with fact checking. Shark infested waters here. good luck. This is nothing new to me just unexpected. I have worked with sharks for over 41 years. I can handle it.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:30 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by edram454
nice answer about your mustang. Grow up?? buddy, look in the mirror and get a life. I dont give a crap about u or your car. Its over Charlie. I hope you are met with the same bs as i was met with just sharing dyno results. It doesnt matter really. Nobody is angry, just disappointed of the rudeness and childish hate associated with many comments. I dont care about anybody's opinion unless they have qualifications and merit behind them. My mistake was to listen to people without merits or enough experience to ask or express questions and doubts. Nothing more i want to say. This group is unlike those I have been accustomed too. Zr1 group was gracious and knowledgeable and most of them tear down their own cars and mess with multiple camshafts etc... they have real world knowledge about those exotic engines. They dont insult you or call you a liar. They ask questions without agitating the poster and they give answers backed with references. I feel that someone will be alright here as long as they doubt almost everybody and investigate every comment with fact checking. Shark infested waters here. good luck. This is nothing new to me just unexpected. I have worked with sharks for over 41 years. I can handle it.

I don't have a mustang and yes, you need to grow up. You've responded to people asking questions about your build with hostility and name calling but I need to look in the mirror?

I've received great feedback from a number of members on this site because I was open to questions, compliments and criticism. Nobody insulted you until you started calling names and telling anyone who questioned the information you presented that they were haters or butt hurt.

Go back to ZR1 group if they give you the feel goods, we aren't going to miss someone who posts dyno information and refuses to post the dyno chart because there are "too many haters." Get over yourself.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:02 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Search your feelings little Ed and find what you know to be true.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:50 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
I think we have found evil twin's twin

Old 01-03-2019, 03:04 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

looks like a junked race only mustang. My mustang was in all national publications. in 1996 I ran an 8.70 in my showcar. I had stereo, cup holders electric windows leather seats polished engine bay and rear end and polished aerospace component calipers and rotors and custom a1 automatic gm turbo 400 tranny that was air shifted.etc... and was a convertible with show quality paint. I licensed at Frank Hawley drag racing school in both super gas and super comp dragster at the same place. where was you parachute?? it is illegal to run over 150 without a chute. It was one of two 357 302 based a4 ford racing blocks ever built by ronnie crawford.. It had a sonny bryant crank that was over 3500 bucks by itself. You were probably tugging on moms skirt to let you out and play with the the kids in 1996. guess what, the mustang doesnt matter either. Got tired of it and sold it. too many young punks in the mustang scene and got tired of the whole thing. I had 85k in my mustang. all other stangs looked like chit next to it. I would go on the street with it too. I have had 5 supercharged cars. I forgot more than what you know dude. You asked what are my credentials.... gave you a little bit of my experiences. that is all I will give.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:52 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I’ll be the Lone Ranger and say this guy may not be full of it.

Lets assume this engine is making 875 HP at the flywheel. ( we will give him a fairly generous 20% drivetrain loss)

let assume a BSFC of .6

so 840HP * .6 BSFC = 504LB/HR required fuel flow.

Now convert 504LBS/HR to LIters Per Hour and you get 309.21 LPH

so... if the factory fuel pump will flow 190LPH that would mean He would need to increase his pumps flow by 119LPH or by 62.63%

So so according to Kenny bell it takes 21 volts to double the flow of the factory pump. But since we need to increase by 63% we are probably looking at 19.6 volts to achieve minimum flow required.

His IDC is probably 95%
My opinion? It’s possible but insane with the fuel system he has.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 01-03-2019 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:12 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

i appreciate that so many people care about my car and fuel system. I just bought larger injectors and will put a higher flow fuel system and retune up to hte 7000 rpm range. the seat of the pants feels the power it is making. It is way faster than before and it was fast before. unfortunately I understand it takes around 5-7 hours to replace the fuel pump that is in tank pump. I knew I was out of injector and pump but just having bought the supercharger and other things plus dyno tune and installation cost quite a bit and its probably why most people dont do it. I am out working for my employer and should have quite a large lump of cash so when I come back I will install the fuel system. I will not post any information or future dyno pulls on this site. It is then that I will find out if my pump is stock or not. car runs great.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:15 PM
C5 Kirkland
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I don't know if the trend started two years ago, or it's been going on longer, but I have seen so many threads across all different websites that follow the exact same formula:

OP: I did something or I saw someone do something that could almost be true and I have proof!!!!
Everyone: Well, that sounds kinda cool or possibly insane. But damn, if you have proof, post it so we can believe you.
OP: **** YOU!!! **** YOU EVERYONE!! I DON'T HAVE TO SHOW PROOF OF ANYTHING!!!!!!
Everyone: Holy ****, dude. Where did THAT come from?? We want to be shown people doing great things with their cars/life/whatever.
OP: **** YOU EVERYONE!!! I HAVE PROOF!! I AM JUST NOT GOING TO SHOW IT! AND NOW THE NAME CALLING WILL BEGIN!!!!
Everyone: Well, this thread derailed fast....
OP: I AM SO DONE WITH THIS THREAD AND THIS WEBSITE AND I AM NOT GOING TO POST HERE ANYMORE!! MORE NAME CALLING!!!!
(OP posts many more times).
Everyone: Time to get on with our lives. Good-bye.
The following 4 users liked this post by C5 Kirkland:
aaronc7 (01-04-2019), NSFW (01-04-2019), Turbo-Geist (01-04-2019), Turpid porpoise (01-04-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 09:59 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

wow dude did you lose your weed man?? sup?? I dont owe you any ******* copies of any dyno dude. this thread stopped being friendly days ago. i hope you get the hell off this forum dude. why dont you post up your shitbox car and include all mods and dyno numbers along with the tuners name and business address with phone numbers so we can rag on that crap for a couple of weeks. forget about my car and worry about your shitbox dude. can it be any clearer? If nobody gives a **** then I am great with that. Lets all not care about our cars and move on with it. I am calling you out . If you want my dyno sheet I will sell it to you, if you think I am not telling the truth?? I would never post this crap if I did not have a dyno sheet with results dude. unfortunately a group of guys did not like the numbers and the **** storm began. At this point I dont feel like posting anything for people who dont give a **** and just want to criticize in a insulting way. do you get it now??? I am ok with all this **** so lets just move one and let this phucking thread die.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:06 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Lol
Old 01-03-2019, 10:56 PM
mykream
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Old 01-04-2019, 04:15 AM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Old 01-04-2019, 07:27 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

wow dude did you lose your weed man?? sup?? I dont owe you any ******* copies of any dyno dude. this thread stopped being friendly days ago. i hope you get the hell off this forum dude. why dont you post up your shitbox car and include all mods and dyno numbers along with the tuners name and business address with phone numbers so we can rag on that crap for a couple of weeks. forget about my car and worry about your shitbox dude. can it be any clearer? If nobody gives a **** then I am great with that. Lets all not care about our cars and move on with it. I am calling you out . If you want my dyno sheet I will sell it to you, if you think I am not telling the truth?? I would never post this crap if I did not have a dyno sheet with results dude. unfortunately a group of guys did not like the numbers and the **** storm began. At this point I dont feel like posting anything for people who dont give a **** and just want to criticize in a insulting way. do you get it now??? I am ok with all this **** so lets just move one and let this phucking thread die.
Then stop posting....

You could have squashed this whole thread early on by just posting a copy of your dyno graph to prove your claim. Instead you decided to go off the deep end, insult anyone who questioned the numbers, ramble about some shitbox you supposedly built two decades ago and claim you were done with the thread multiple times. Go figure that people would like you to prove a claim that seems to be unrealistic based on simple math....

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 01-04-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:40 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

If you want my dyno sheet I will sell it to you

Old 01-04-2019, 11:00 AM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

He must be out there selling his dyno sheet to pay for the fuel system mods.
The following users liked this post:
C5 Kirkland (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 11:15 AM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
I’ll be the Lone Ranger and say this guy may not be full of it.

Lets assume this engine is making 875 HP at the flywheel. ( we will give him a fairly generous 20% drivetrain loss)

let assume a BSFC of .6

so 840HP * .6 BSFC = 504LB/HR required fuel flow.

Now convert 504LBS/HR to LIters Per Hour and you get 309.21 LPH

so... if the factory fuel pump will flow 190LPH that would mean He would need to increase his pumps flow by 119LPH or by 62.63%

So so according to Kenny bell it takes 21 volts to double the flow of the factory pump. But since we need to increase by 63% we are probably looking at 19.6 volts to achieve minimum flow required.

His IDC is probably 95%
My opinion? It’s possible but insane with the fuel system he has.
I'll be Wyatt Earp and state the following:

Why are you listing 875hp at the engine and then starting the calcs with 840hp?

Why are you choosing 0.6 BSFC?

Have you accounted for the horsepower loss required to drive the supercharger?

These calculations do not take into account the pressure losses in the system. Also fuel pump curves are non-linear so it's not a 1:1 ratio with voltage and flow.

Kenne-Bell makes two different Boost-a-Pumps. One puts out a max of 17.5 volts and the other 21V. Which one is on this car?

These are just some real world things to think about...

Get notified of new replies

To build finished and new dyno numbers.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82

**** yeah robocop!
Old 01-04-2019, 12:32 PM
mic575
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

looks like a junked race only mustang. My mustang was in all national publications. in 1996 I ran an 8.70 in my showcar. I had stereo, cup holders electric windows leather seats polished engine bay and rear end and polished aerospace component calipers and rotors and custom a1 automatic gm turbo 400 tranny that was air shifted.etc... and was a convertible with show quality paint. I licensed at Frank Hawley drag racing school in both super gas and super comp dragster at the same place. where was you parachute?? it is illegal to run over 150 without a chute. It was one of two 357 302 based a4 ford racing blocks ever built by ronnie crawford.. It had a sonny bryant crank that was over 3500 bucks by itself. You were probably tugging on moms skirt to let you out and play with the the kids in 1996. guess what, the mustang doesnt matter either. Got tired of it and sold it. too many young punks in the mustang scene and got tired of the whole thing. I had 85k in my mustang. all other stangs looked like chit next to it. I would go on the street with it too. I have had 5 supercharged cars. I forgot more than what you know dude. You asked what are my credentials.... gave you a little bit of my experiences. that is all I will give.
Since your stang was a showcar and in all the national publications and you ran 8.70 at the strip with it, why are you thinking one or two runs at the strip with your C5 would ruin it? I was thinking the C5z is a pretty robust package?
Old 01-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Quick Reply: build finished and new dyno numbers.