C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

build finished and new dyno numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 12:49 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

let's not all jump to conclusions...
The following users liked this post:
Turbo-Geist (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 01:00 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by edram454
I would never post this crap if I did not have a dyno sheet with results dude...
Old 01-04-2019, 04:16 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Turbo geek

Little turbo-fart i can buy u like a cheap *****. Go back into your closet and turn yhe lights out so you can be the internet macho man you think you are azzhole.dont you wish you chitbox made that much power turbogeek. Shut it down close the door and keep whacking.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:20 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Little turbo-fart i can buy u like a cheap *****. Go back into your closet and turn yhe lights out so you can be the internet macho man you think you are azzhole.dont you wish you chitbox made that much power turbogeek. Shut it down close the door and keep whacking.

How about you buy a dyno sheet instead.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:58 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Here was my initial expectation in 2013 of how a cam only stock LS1 with twin turbos and a stock 6 speed manual should run at the track. It made the 50 mile cruise both ways under its own power. I can't name who built the engine because it was built by a GM worker at the factory in 1999. I do my own wrenching and tuning so no need to reference a shop's name, address or telephone number. Oh and I have an engineering degree but I know plenty of people on here that do just as well with their builds without an engineering degree or owning a shop or labeling themselves professional "tooners". You said mph is a good indicator of horsepower at the track. Show me your mph.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:34 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

your car is a turd. a weak azz non z06 coupe. had one that was supercharged and automatic.also had good dyno numbers but not as fast as my z06. I am no hurry to take my corvette to the track. it is still a work in progress. I have other corvettes and other cars. have a twin turbo cadillac xts as my driver. my mustang was a purpose built drag car and can take constant runs all day without issues and with slicks and wheelie bars with parachute. the super comp dragster i licensed with ran 8:20 at 170 mph. not impressed since the rail goes so straight and smooth unlike short wheel base cars. I am not comparing one car from another. just posting my dyno results. thats it. If I wanted another drag car I would have built one. I am not much of a drag racing fan like before. I am more of a optima street car challenge guy instead and also like 1/2 mile runs.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:52 PM
C5 Kirkland
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

your car is a turd. a weak azz non z06 coupe. had one that was supercharged and automatic.also had good dyno numbers but not as fast as my z06. I am no hurry to take my corvette to the track. it is still a work in progress. I have other corvettes and other cars. have a twin turbo cadillac xts as my driver. my mustang was a purpose built drag car and can take constant runs all day without issues and with slicks and wheelie bars with parachute. the super comp dragster i licensed with ran 8:20 at 170 mph. not impressed since the rail goes so straight and smooth unlike short wheel base cars. I am not comparing one car from another. just posting my dyno results. thats it. If I wanted another drag car I would have built one. I am not much of a drag racing fan like before. I am more of a optima street car challenge guy instead and also like 1/2 mile runs.
Do you have any friends? I am serious. All you post is insults and MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS comments. Is your real life so lonely that you feel this need to troll complete strangers and try to feel better about yourself? Put the internet down for a while and go outside. Read a book. Talk to a family member. Get some help.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:23 AM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

your car is a turd. a weak azz non z06 coupe. had one that was supercharged and automatic.also had good dyno numbers but not as fast as my z06.
Look again and pause the video if things were happening too fast for you. This car is a hardtop or FRC. Are you un-informed regarding C5s and the 1999 to 2000 hardtop? The Z06 would not exist without this car. The video is a real world reference to your statement of mph proving hp.

I am more of a optima street car challenge guy instead and also like 1/2 mile runs.
You are in luck as there is a half mile event in your neck of the woods this month and you said your car is running great. I look forward to your future post with a mph slip from this event.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:58 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo-Geist
I'll be Wyatt Earp and state the following:

Why are you listing 875hp at the engine and then starting the calcs with 840hp?

Why are you choosing 0.6 BSFC?

Have you accounted for the horsepower loss required to drive the supercharger?

These calculations do not take into account the pressure losses in the system. Also fuel pump curves are non-linear so it's not a 1:1 ratio with voltage and flow.

Kenne-Bell makes two different Boost-a-Pumps. One puts out a max of 17.5 volts and the other 21V. Which one is on this car?

These are just some real world things to think about...
Who knows what BAP he has I don’t and it’s not that important. All I’m saying is even if you use 875 and .6 go it’s still doable.

most importantly there’s a gentleman on these very forums who I saw personally take his T trim set up and break 700 wheel on a mustang dyno. On a SBE LS1. He did it 5 years ago. He ended up putting a single 15 gph meth nozzle on the car but it did 706 or something like that without it. He was in a stock fuel pump and a BAP and 60s.

Just because its crazy or you havent done it don’t mean it’s impossible especially if the math somewhat ball parks.
All I’m saying is let’s not be so quick to stomp on this guy (even though he is being a bit defensive)

Ps... hows tour ride doing?
Old 01-05-2019, 09:12 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6

Who knows what BAP he has I don’t and it’s not that important. All I’m saying is even if you use 875 and .6 go it’s still doable.

most importantly there’s a gentleman on these very forums who I saw personally take his T trim set up and break 700 wheel on a mustang dyno. On a SBE LS1. He did it 5 years ago. He ended up putting a single 15 gph meth nozzle on the car but it did 706 or something like that without it. He was in a stock fuel pump and a BAP and 60s.

Just because its crazy or you havent done it don’t mean it’s impossible especially if the math somewhat ball parks.
All I’m saying is let’s not be so quick to stomp on this guy (even though he is being a bit defensive)

His attitude is what set everyone off. Also, why not show the dyno sheet? He’s had enough time to post it. I’m sure people would have doubted the 800 plus I made with my TI set up but I also posted the dyno sheet in the same thread.

Hes on a car at forum and has the ability to post his sheet. It’s the same thing as being at the gym and saying “oh, I can lift that but I just don’t want to” after bragging about being able to do it.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:22 AM
C5 Kirkland
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6

Did the forum member post this 5 years ago? I can't find anyone anywhere across the entire interwebs showing proof that a :LS1 stock fuel pump will get to 700 at the wheel. Must have been a really generous dyno.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:25 AM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

700 with methanol is still way more believable. 15 gph or ~95 lb/hr of methanol taking load off the injectors and fuel pump and the additional octane.

Also his story doesn't add up, he claims (multiple times) 699hp at 6200 rpm and 547 torque. You would need 547 torque at 6700 rpm to hit 700. You'd need 592 torque at 6200 rpm to hit 700 hp. Then his defensive childish manner and refusal to post the dyno sheet started this mess lol.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:02 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Probably got a drinking problem. All hours of the day.

If it’s not that then he’s a sociopath and needs serious help.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:45 PM
jattz06
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 41 Posts

By far the best thread in the fi section

Quick Reply: build finished and new dyno numbers.