C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

procharger rebuild?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 03:16 PM
frc00ny
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default procharger rebuild?

Where is the best place to send my p1sc in to have the seals replaced?
I have considered upgrading it to a D1sc or the new D1scx if that is possible?
It weeps fluid both inside and outside.
I think oil is getting on my water pump pulley and making the belt slip. I have a Cartec flip drive so there is very little belt wrap on the water pump pulley. So it squeals and slips.
I would also like to upgrade to an 8 rib set up on my A&A bracket. I would imagine they would sell me the spacers but I don't think they carry procharger pulleys any more.
Would an innovator's west overdrive pulley increase the belt wrap on the water pump pulley enough to make any sort of difference?
Old 12-20-2018, 04:11 PM
SmoothFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

You can get procharger 8 rib pulleys elsewhere. Just google it.

What at are your goals, you have a few different items above which need more details of what your after...

i just did an overdrive balancer and gained about 2psi with a p1sc and 3.7 pulley on stock motor with ECS cam and headers.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:10 PM
frc00ny
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothFRC
You can get procharger 8 rib pulleys elsewhere. Just google it.

What at are your goals, you have a few different items above which need more details of what your after...

i just did an overdrive balancer and gained about 2psi with a p1sc and 3.7 pulley on stock motor with ECS cam and headers.
I want just a little more power, ok a lot more power but I will have to go forged first.
I was thinking that if I go to an 8 rib set up the belt would be wider and make more contact on the water pump pulley, and if I put an overdrive balancer the bigger balancer may also give me a little more belt wrap. I just want to know if the juice is worth the squeeze.
I also want to know if there is a reputable company out there that members have dealt with for getting their head units upgraded and new seals put in
Old 12-20-2018, 07:23 PM
SmoothFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

The balancer would likely cause more slip not less, given it would be spinning the blower faster. Just my opinion.

I just went down the road and went full 8 rib. If I really thought about it, I would have done a flip drive and just update the blower to 8 rib.

I sent my p1 to supercharger rebuild and it’s been fine. They can put a d-ish impeller in if you want. Depends how much you want

im sitting just under 650 with the p1, the car is stupid on the street, especially in this cooler weather.
The following users liked this post:
frc00ny (12-21-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To procharger rebuild?

Quick Reply: procharger rebuild?