C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood for supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 12:19 AM
SDuster11
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hood for supercharger

I’m planning to run a supercharger sooner than later and would like to get the hood now to facilitate the future installation of either a Kenne Belle or Magnuson. I LOVE the look of the Kenne Belle high rise hood but can’t locate one. I did find one that looks very similar made by J&D Corvettes (https://www.jdcorvette.com/97-04-HOO...SS_p_2293.html) but I don’t know if it would fit a KB Supercharger under it.

Has as anyone used a J&D Hood? Reviews? Do you see any differences between the KB Hood and the J&D Hood? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:10 AM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

That looks like the kenne belle supercharger hood, it says in description it fits a magnuson .
The Lingenfelter hood I have on mine was made for the old mp112 Maggie, when installed over my tvs 2300,
it had to be cut to clear the back of the blower, as the newer blower is longer.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:56 PM
SDuster11
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the KB Hood and the J&D Hood look very similar as well.

Does anyone know how much larger the KB is compared to the Magnuson TVS 2300?
Old 04-18-2019, 02:35 PM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Look into VFN Fiberglass as well. They make a number of different cowl hoods for the C5 and I'm sure atleast one of them will do the trick.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:34 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

looks a good deal like my KB hood.
it fit my 2300 without cutting... it was the body lines that needed massaging (like most other hoods)

and i spent about a year stiff-arming naysayers on the Kenne Bell blower, but i'm sure glad i ended up buying a TVS - especially now that i'm turning it up.

Get notified of new replies

To Hood for supercharger

Quick Reply: Hood for supercharger