Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood for supercharger

Old 04-18-2019, 12:19 AM
SDuster11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood for supercharger

Iím planning to run a supercharger sooner than later and would like to get the hood now to facilitate the future installation of either a Kenne Belle or Magnuson. I LOVE the look of the Kenne Belle high rise hood but canít locate one. I did find one that looks very similar made by J&D Corvettes (https://www.jdcorvette.com/97-04-HOO...SS_p_2293.html) but I donít know if it would fit a KB Supercharger under it.

Has as anyone used a J&D Hood? Reviews? Do you see any differences between the KB Hood and the J&D Hood? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:10 AM
LedfootLarry
CF Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

That looks like the kenne belle supercharger hood, it says in description it fits a magnuson .
The Lingenfelter hood I have on mine was made for the old mp112 Maggie, when installed over my tvs 2300,
it had to be cut to clear the back of the blower, as the newer blower is longer.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:56 PM
SDuster11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the KB Hood and the J&D Hood look very similar as well.

Does anyone know how much larger the KB is compared to the Magnuson TVS 2300?
Old 04-18-2019, 02:35 PM
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 134 Likes on 122 Posts

Look into VFN Fiberglass as well. They make a number of different cowl hoods for the C5 and I'm sure atleast one of them will do the trick.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:34 PM
_zebra
CF Senior Member

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

looks a good deal like my KB hood.
it fit my 2300 without cutting... it was the body lines that needed massaging (like most other hoods)

and i spent about a year stiff-arming naysayers on the Kenne Bell blower, but i'm sure glad i ended up buying a TVS - especially now that i'm turning it up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hood for supercharger

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: