C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double Stacking Injector Extenders

Old 05-27-2019, 08:55 AM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 810 Likes on 430 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

Default Double Stacking Injector Extenders

Is this asking for trouble? I ask because I'm starting to address the combination of the 97-98 LS1 fuel rail, LS2 Manifold, and injectors on my new setup. Injectors currently have the 24mm upper hats on them, and I need ~8mm more height to space the fuel rail up enough to clear the LS2 manifold without modifying the fuel rail at all (bending and tweaking, which opens up a conundrum of other issues in terms of fitment). Is it ill advised to use say a second upper hat of ~12mm to get the clearance I need? I can't seem to find any extended length hats in the 32-34mm range overall to keep it one piece, and this route is by far the simplest fix for my clearance issue currently.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:36 AM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

I have a question, if you burnt you car down , but you DID save $100 by not getting the correct length adapters, what you spend your new earned $100 savings on?
The following 2 users liked this post by FourG63 97GST:
jayyyw (05-29-2019), nickalltogether (06-04-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 03:38 PM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Originally Posted by FourG63 97GST
I have a question, if you burnt you car down , but you DID save $100 by not getting the correct length adapters, what you spend your new earned $100 savings on?
How about a little less snarky and a little more contributory there bud? Do you have any proof that double stacking wouldn't work? Do you know for a fact that it would cause a leak? Or are you just basing your presumptuous question on conjecture?

For what it's worth, the modular injector stuff is a new concept to me. I wasn't really aware that this was a thing until I started looking at this because it's been THAT long since I've messed with an LS Based fuel system, and these injectors I'm working with were not put on the car by myself so I had zero experience with different adapters and heights until now. Apparently these aren't available anywhere in custom lengths, and I was asking about double stacking because it put me at the target length I wanted. I had to do some digging, measuring, and more digging around, but I found an adapter in a length that will actually work but be a little on the long side from what I wanted. I simply forgot to update this thread.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:22 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

would doubling up work? sure
but when it comes to reliability, you have to start considering limiting the failure points. especially with fuel and high pressure. They juice isn't worth the squeeze is what i'm implying.
LS injectors fitments come in 3 sizes, 34mm(LS3), 48mm(LS2) and 60mm(LS1). So are you implying your setup fits none of these 3 standard sizes?
If I understand your post correctly, you have LS2 (48mm) injectors, how long do you need this injector setup to be
Old 05-29-2019, 06:33 PM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Originally Posted by FourG63 97GST
would doubling up work? sure
but when it comes to reliability, you have to start considering limiting the failure points. especially with fuel and high pressure. They juice isn't worth the squeeze is what i'm implying.
LS injectors fitments come in 3 sizes, 34mm(LS3), 48mm(LS2) and 60mm(LS1). So are you implying your setup fits none of these 3 standard sizes?
If I understand your post correctly, you have LS2 (48mm) injectors, how long do you need this injector setup to be
Being that the modular capability of the injectors is new to me, it's why I was asking.

My setup won't fit any of the standard ones because I'm using a 97-98 return rail on an LS2 manifold. Standard heights won't fit. Rather than bend up and modify the fuel rails, I figured I'd just get some extra height out of the injectors. I needed to add about 8 mm of height to get the rail crossover to clear. With the new adapters I have coming I'm picking up about 14mm which is no big deal because I'll need to make stand offs for the rail mounts anyway.

Get notified of new replies

To Double Stacking Injector Extenders

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Double Stacking Injector Extenders